• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix might look into localizing Dragon Quest X if there are enough fan request

So many people asking to skip it, but I seriously doubt think it'll affect DQ XI from being localized.

We should all be trying to get this translated asap, while it's still somewhat relevant.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Though considering there are all the costs with running an online MMO in this decline of subscription based games have little faith that they would actually follow through with it.

These Japanese devs and their fancy mmorpgs.

Why won't they let other company publish their game for oversea market?

Their mmos won't get as successful as the Koreans as long as they're stubborn like this.

Ozium

there has been fan request since they announced the thing, and now they are going to "look into" it?

lol ok

EhoaVash

I found a copy of Dragon quest X wii u version at a retro game shop the other day,
cool to find
AQqrCyfimpe72tjaWv4FWe7xVgwdIAuve55Qn3nlSCrF9Xe9rLipHCWFj7O3XTPHGzC7yf7P2QPN4_pPeK49JY6nyO4uTcRIIm4Rxdzv8CkQBMLz8vgQqc2AJDHl4-nx30AvnBE66AEz133OqNuIky8MdSfcuptcx_3NzNFExXxI0GJk9r8B9bjn2ncb1L4op7vkj2esttkxts-eUSzrS32nWjX3yxmy2DA9LAtVv8kwvWrFbvqtL2_3uRYGDgVgDNP9c6-xws3A5D0Dq_31XaoT9n01S5lVwMp8TFBlCbSXijZh5KBNsMupNPeAcEvIu5WyMXyK-DpwMC93XI-yM0aBGEEFItRQg3XkXIMt3A_sC2d8ViXU_wl-iXau0t1jYfuH6J27aqhI_2u1fmhHKlc2WtacwXN9mDSOpfU30hHsdPQAa2PpxiJS2_dQGRDuK5IBiYdqIDSGYWOjweQRupVuG7NcY33ZiWasOdSOIkQE6vJJUuKya23tfi-N4iXjrgQVLb4vTCcCsNN7LKXVaLVSAtzlKCrxKf4PoQMFsurewzSaAHIxqkjgw9vlskLEdl3UFf6W1ikJdHeocDTmdELF25PJiqRUy0aHwCeCIFxYP5Rk=w543-h964-no
not sure why anyone would buy this though since i think it requires a Japanese internet subscription other than for collector item.

anyway this game is no way getting localized no matter what lol, such huge undertaking yeah never happening.

old

Nah, I don't beg anymore. Bring it or don't. I got a 1,000 games worth my time already.

OmegaFax

The time and resources it would take to do this ... The only remote possibility of this ever happening is if Nintendo or Sony split the bill. The game is headed for PS4 and NX + there's already a Windows version. It could very well happen. The Wii and Wii U version will probably stay in Japan.

I don't want this to get localized because it's potentially a reason for SE not to localize XI.

SE Executive: "Oh, this mainline console Dragon Quest didn't sell well? Maybe its not worth localizing the next one."

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Kinda, since you can solo with AI companions.
...but it would completely dumb if they wasted time restructuring the game instead of simply translating it so we can play on already established JP servers.

The AI was too stupid to be of any real use against the higher level bosses though. For grinding out mobs its not that bad but trying to use them against bosses was a very very bad idea for the most part.

I would absolutely love it from the bottom of my heart, but I also seriously doubt it. And if they changed to F2P they would definitely lose money I think

Maybe next time consider it while making the game. There were a lot more people asking and begging for that title when it came out. Now I doubt too many people would care as much as I would like to play the game myself.

Just make sure XI is a sure thing. I'm getting sick and tired of having to hope and pray to maybe get a DQ game years after its original release.

Aeana

The AI was too stupid to be of any real use against the higher level bosses though. For grinding out mobs its not that bad but trying to use them against bosses was a very very bad idea for the most part.
They have improved the AI a lot recently.

CrazyHal

If Dragon Quest X gets localized, then so will phantasy star online 2, monster hunter frontier and dragon's dogma online.

It's not gonna happen people

Kouriozan

I was also begging for this, one of the reason is that I really love building my own character in IX, and X is like an improved IX, but the task would be too much trouble for a big risk, call this "can't justify the cost" like they said about localizing VII 3DS remake.
Even Nintendo wouldn't help do it, this time.

My feeling as well.
Don't need a F2P DQ MMO game!

I've always thought that was a horrible direction for the series.
It's not F2P and I'm sure it's really well liked in Japan. People said the same thing about FFXIV and it's one of the best FF in years

Eolz

My feeling as well.
Don't need a F2P DQ MMO game!

I've always thought that was a horrible direction for the series.

It's not F2P and I'm sure it's really well liked in Japan. People said the same thing about FFXIV and it's one of the best FF in years

This.
I was just saying F2P because Dragon Quest is not particularly popular in the west, unlike FF, so it would be easier to get more people playing it like this, than with subscription (like this and FFXIV).

Mcdohl

To be fair, when people say that, they're mostly just comparing it with XIII. And it feels like years, because XII came out 10 years ago...
sheit, we old

Yeah, I've been loving the hell out of it. The more I play it the more I enjoy. It's quickly become one of my favorites in the series. Some truly great stuff about this game.

At this point, I'd probably put it above ix, viii, I and ii.

My only complaint is the slow run speed.

The ship has sailed on that. Too late now.
Why is SE even bothering making this statement now? They are so fucking out of touch.

Can you elaborate a bit more? I've seen this mentioned a few times before, but what makes it different or unique compared to other MMORPGs? And by the flipside, outside of presentation, what still makes it a DQ game?

The fact it plays exactly like any other game in the series?

Same formula. Arrive in town. Town has issue, you talk to npcs and get clues, go and fight boss, cut scene plays, move onto next vignette.

It truly is a more hubbed out version of ix

Jeremy

I would enjoy playing this so much but I don't think it's worth the effort for this particular game this far along.

The ship has sailed on that. Too late now.
Why is SE even bothering making this statement now? They are so fucking out of touch.
They're still updating upon the third expansion with new content patches.
NA can still follow over if SE would just start work on it already.

It'll only be too late when JP version is fully over.

Zee-Row

Banned
I think the game could have a decent audience in the U.S. If you released it on PS4 , NX and PC with shared servers.

Aters

I don't want this to get localized because it's potentially a reason for SE not to localize XI.

SE Executive: "Oh, this mainline console Dragon Quest didn't sell well? Maybe its not worth localizing the next one."

So instead, you choose not getting DQXII. What makes you think DQX won't indicate the popularity of the franchise?

120v

a subscription based localization would bomb so hard. i can't really blame them for not touching it

rockyt

I have learned by now that when it comes to dragon quest it is wise not to ask square enix, but instead ask a 3rd party like Nintendo instead to localize Dragon Quest. This is kinda sad though.

Top Bottom