• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix | e3 Showcase

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Platinum I love you but....but why live service game?
dVG3PdF.gif

GHG

Chaos demo available today apparently.

Only until the 24th June.

We get to feel the chaos of disappointment.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Chaos demo available today apparently.

Only until the 24th June.

We get to feel the chaos of disappointment.
That tells me the gameplay is probably going to be solid. Looked 60 fps, and lots of parrying and counters.

Game will be made fun of forever, but I bet its still kinda fun to play.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That was a publisher’s showcase. I’m just let down. All those years and the money I’ve spent on Square games. That’s the best they can do?

GHG

That would have been something you think they would have put in the trailer. On all systems?

PlayStation platforms according to the E3 stream in watching.

That tells me the gameplay is probably going to be solid. Looked 60 fps, and lots of parrying and counters.

Game will be made fun of forever, but I bet its still kinda fun to play.

I'm holding out hope that it at least feels good to play because it's team ninja.

I wish they just made another Nioh game now.

Quantum253

PlayStation platforms according to the E3 stream in watching.

I'm holding out hope that it at least feels good to play because it's team ninja.

I wish they just made another Nioh game now.
Thanks. Have to fire the Playstation up and get into some Chaos

• LOL

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Show went exactly how I thought.

If all the good shit is at Sony, i dunno why Sony wont just buy them. Whats the point of moneyhatting timed exclusivity when you could take the cash hit now for longer term benefits.

GHG

If all the good shit is at Sony, i dunno why Sony wont just buy them. Whats the point of moneyhatting timed exclusivity when you could take the cash hit now for longer term benefits.

Because if you buy them you have to take on all the shite we just witnessed.

There's no point in buying a company if you then have to divest 75% of it.

• LOL

Brigandier

Stranger of Paradise looked absolutely awful.... CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS, How about work on the lack of shadows and detail and the fact no one moves or staggers when hit... very outdated.

reksveks

Because if you buy them you have to take on all the shite we just witnessed.

There's no point in buying a company if you then have to divest 75% of it.
the bit that everyone hated aka the mobile games is the bit probably the biggest profit making division in square enix

Last edited:

Myths

Even Lightning Returns didn’t abuse that word so much and everything about its story/world was centered around Chaos. Same person involved in that game is involved in this, completely makes sense.

It certainly has this one-off title appearance like DoC and LR.

Quantum253

Well crap. Didn't realize Origins was a timed PS5 exclusive. I guess no Demo for PS4. Maybe I could find a PS5 if it weren't for all this scalper/retail choas. There was nothing visually about that performance that would suggest not possible on PS4

Last edited:

Manji Uzuki

This was disapointing... I guess the FF orogin game will be fun but the story and characters already seem super lame... And man, it looks rough... Babylon's fall also looks awful and I have doubts about the concept. As much as I like Platinum games it didn't get me excited.

What an E3 so far...

Woopah

Guardians had some interesting mechanics but nothing after that caught my attention.

As long as Nintendo still gets Dragon Quest, mid-tier RPGs and Team Asano games I agree.

Lone Denjin

I swear this E3 has been the most disappointing.
I just sat through a Japanese company try to shill me the same soulless quip capeshit that i stopped watching from hollywood years ago and not do anything at all with their legacy IPs.
Then they have the balls to let the same man who unleashed Dirge of Cerberus and Tidus kicking a exploding Blizball and having his head flying off on the series again.
Square needs to commit sudoku.

Last edited:

SinDelta

Ubisoft had better showing.....
200.gif

I cant believe I said that.

Nintendo and Capcom....you guys are my only hope....

MY ONLY HOPE!!!
f1bbbe96826559a1366ec4fdb5d0317ebf3b635b.gifv
Seeing this trainwreck of a conference made me realize how lucky we are to have stuff like Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, Forza Horizon 5 and Hogwarts Legacy on the way.

How lucky we have Monster Hunter Rise, or Vanilaware doing their own thing.

Hang in there Danjin44, I know Capcom and Nintendo can and do disappoint at times with their conferences, but I think they have some good stuff in store.

Last edited:
My summary...

Guardians of the Galaxy: God all that damn capeshit. Horrible perpetual 'clever' banter. I want Adam Jensen, not this cringe dude playing his boombox out loud instead of pluggin in some earphones.

Avengers and Wakanda capeshit.

Another Hitman Sniper game for mobile.

Final Fantasy remasters...for mobile. I have some self-respect so I don't play mobile games.

Babylon's Fall: Platinum games debasing themselves. Play Astral Chain instead.

LiS remaster: lol funny how they are pretending LiS2 doesn't exist.

LiS True Colors: I'm actually into this. It looks like it's not trying to pander or be political, and is just trying to tell an interesting murder mystery.

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin: I actually liked how combat looked on this one. It seemed very responsive. I do love dodge combat. Team Ninja is on this one so I think it'll be good.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Try watching the Stranger Of Paradise trailer with the sound off. It actually looks pretty good for a cross-gen game of its type.

I suspect Babylon's Fall is the same, the atrocious sound design absolutely fucking kill them. You can tell they've been put together in a rush, the mixes are shockingly bad.

The encodes visually all looked really off to me too, everything seemed very rough and not in a way that you see from games with unstable frame-rates.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Anyway. Chaos Chaos: Chaos looks like Dark Souls 1, graphically. Hope for them it's a very early prototype.

Chaos.

SJRB

Gold Member
Try watching the Stranger Of Paradise trailer with the sound off. It actually looks pretty good for a cross-gen game of its type.

I suspect Babylon's Fall is the same, the atrocious sound design absolutely fucking kill them. You can tell they've been put together in a rush, the mixes are shockingly bad.

The encodes visually all looked really off to me too, everything seemed very rough and not in a way that you see from games with unstable frame-rates.

Japanese VA is WAY better than the English dub.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Long version of Babylon's Fall developer interview is pretty decent. Link

Could be a good game, the additional details on the battle-system and customization make it sound a whole lot more appealing than it did on the stream.
I'm also pretty sure that something is off with the video encodes of the footage, given the track record of titles released by both Platinum and Team Ninja in the PS4 gen, I find it pretty doubtful that these titles are going to look and run substantially differently. Especially considering both are clearly PS4-led titles. The scene geometry is a dead giveaway.

Top Bottom