• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix | e3 Showcase

Ishma3L

chaos-is-a-ladder-gif.gif

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
Why the characters in FF origins have to look this shitty? it's like Nomura pooped those inbetween 2 sessions of work on FF7-2.
If they hadn't brought out Nomura's name, I honestly wouldn't have expected that. I mean, his Xenoblade 2 designs were at least obviously his style. These looked nothing like him (though could just be the in-game assets couldn't capture it at all)

SJRB

Gold Member
Still can't believe how bad Babylon Falls and that chaos game were.

People got paid to make that. Can you believe that shit? Imagine getting paid and then have the fucking balls to come up with this shit. Outrageous.

I'd be so ashamed I'd perform sudoku on the spot.

Also - a Final Fantasy battle royale. What in the FUCK is going on man.

Last edited:

GHG

Still can't believe how bad Babylon Falls and that chaos game were.

People got paid to make that. Can you believe that shit? Imagine getting paid and then have the fucking balls to come up with this shit. Outrageous.

I'd be so ashamed I'd perform sudoku on the spot.

Also - a Final Fantasy battle royale. What in the FUCK is going on man.

When I saw team ninjas logo pop up I got excited only to end up crushed.

SSfox

If they hadn't brought out Nomura's name, I honestly wouldn't have expected that. I mean, his Xenoblade 2 designs were at least obviously his style. These looked nothing like him (though could just be the in-game assets couldn't capture it at all)
Yup, if i wasn't told it was nomura, i would though it's just character creation npc, i mean even character creation looks better in Dragon Dogma for example than in this game.

Desaccorde

Only thing I remember from the conference is some Chad looking for Chaos and having fun turning shit into dust. Oh, also the most ridiculous superpower in existence: Empathy.

What a fucking disaster man, what happened to gaming. I feel like I will need to find another hobby soon.

Last edited:

GHG

you should give drugs a try...

Even the drugs won't make marvel avengers or Fallout 76 feel good to play.

Outside of most of Microsoft's showing this is going down as the worst E3 ever.

What the fuck have these developers been doing for the last 12 months? Having a full time wank at home?

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Guardians looked unpolished but very interesting on various aspects (environment, combat, etc).
If they can iron it, well might be excellent.

And big up to SE to show a lot of gameplay. Not like MS who hid behind CGI...

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Even the drugs won't make marvel avengers or Fallout 76 feel good to play.

Outside of most of Microsoft's showing this is going down as the worst E3 ever.

What the fuck have these developers been doing for the last 12 months? Having a full time wank at home?
Woke Twitter drama 24/7

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Quantum253

I can't tell if Square's focus is trying to make Marvel the money maker they were expecting and going all in. Or if there really just wasn't anything to show, or coming out, within the next year. The Pixel versions of FFI-VI were cool, but I won't play them on a Mobile. I didn't see a Switch option, so I'm going to take it that's off the table

SJRB

Gold Member
Square Enix's games legit looked like PS3/360 era games, even down to the colour palettes.

It feels they went for a watercolor painting style but just failed catastrophically because all they did was use a filter that blurs the render.

It's fucking insane. I can't believe how bad this was.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG
What the hell is going on with Square Enix?

I know that one of the portfolio managers said that one of the publishers show the same behavior as Bethesda and people contemplated that that might be Square Enix. But that's not funny - everything looks bad or underdeveloped aside the mainline FF7R. It make me wonder about Forsaken as it seems like it seems Square Enix literally has no budget anymore.

Their output is not comparable to Capcom, Sega etc. I envision them either split, sold or fall apart in the future.

Last edited:

GHG

It feels they went for a watercolor painting style but just failed catastrophically because all they did was use a filter that blurs the render.

It's fucking insane. I can't believe how bad this was.

The state of some of those textures though...

At least try to make it look like you give a shit lol.

Top Bottom