• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
jIr3DqrcXTIu7.jpg
Delicious!

edit: Really Darkside!? haha

Jex

Aim for the Ace 1-3:

So I knew Gunbuster was a parody or somehow related to this show and thus wasn't looking forward to it as Gunbuster is the worst show I have ever watched in my entire life.

Big mistake! This show is god damn amazing. Such a great show. It makes that crappy parody or whatever it is look even crappier in comparison.

Why do you have to take this opportunity to be mean to poor Gunbuster :(

Say: what did any of you gents think of Dezaki's Space Adventure Cobra? I know that the first episode has the quickest, most slippery pacing I've ever seen in an anime ever, but that's all I've gotten through.

Jex

Say: what did any of you gents think of Dezaki's Space Adventure Cobra? I know that the first episode has the quickest, most slippery pacing I've ever seen in an anime ever, but that's all I've gotten through.

I think it's a pretty great show but unfortunately I don't think many folks in here have had the pleasure of seeing it.

qcf x2

Just finished Code Geass R1. Ultimately I'm glad I watched it. I was pleasantly surprised at what it became, despite the slow start and, lets say, slight leaps of logic. Thanks Brazil & co who suggested I check it out.

But a hearty Okarin maddo scientist laugh at DAT. ENDING.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just finished Code Geass R1. Ultimately I'm glad I watched it. I was pleasantly surprised at what it became, despite the slow start and, lets say, slight leaps of logic. Thanks Brazil & co who suggested I check it out.

Glad you liked it, man. It's a real treat.

Ultimadrago

WweJz.jpg

Now off to R2 with ya!

Soma

Thank you for the weeks of entertainment, Spring Thread |OT2|

i'll miss you for better or worse.

see you guys in |OT3|!

But Dezaki certainly did originate certain techniques for handling animation on a limited budget.
He wasn't the sole originator. Everyone at Mushi Pro pretty much came up with various get-arounds designed to deal with their horrid lack of budget, time, and animation talent (though the last point was rectified by the turn of the '70s). Dezaki had a unique style that originated out of this great miasma, as does Rintaro and Sugii.

Here's to the Duckroll Spr2012 OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom