• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
fMDQn.gif

Jex

Sengoku Collection 8

Man, what the hell. Bwahahaha. This is the second Sengoku Collection episode everyone needs to watch... For rice and wheat are at war! And the ending... Wow.

I really don't know how to put my thoughts on this insanity into words, so I'll just leave a couple of screencaps here, hahaha.

Crazy.

You wont seduce me with your sweet words. I've been taught to stay away from Sengoku Cokkection!

There's just no winning this war :(

[Aim For The Ace] - 1

As you might expect, high school tennis was incredibly serious for Japanese girls in the 70's. When you combine melodramatic material with Dezaki's over the top direction you're onto a winner. One sequence even managed to have five 'shock cuts' as opposed to the usual three.
Hey Jexhius—can...can love bloom on the battlefield?

Nice to see you covering another Dezaki production.

Jex

[Aim for the Ace] - 2

Who could have known that tennis was such an important part of the female hierarchy at a high school?

Also, a number of the main cast look like they're from Oniisama e.., considering this came first, I suppose what I mean is that Oniisama e... has characters that look like this. Which shouldn't be surprising, I suppose, because they share some similar plot elements, namely, the 'normal girl' suddenly finds herself in the Sorority/Tennis Team where she has to suffer harassment because people question how she got chosen for such a high-up position.

Goemon is secretly the best character and the organ is secretly the best musical instrument.

NewFresh

[Aim for the Ace] - 2

Who could have known that tennis was such an important part of the female hierarchy at a high school?

Also, a number of the main cast look like they're from Oniisama e.., considering this came first, I suppose what I mean is that Oniisama e... has characters that look like this. Which shouldn't be surprising, I suppose, because they share some similar plot elements, namely, the 'normal girl' suddenly finds herself in the Sorority/Tennis Team where she has to suffer harassment because people question how she got chosen for such a high-up position.

Goemon is secretly the best character and the organ is secretly the best musical instrument.

SWomX.jpg

Mean girls all look the same!

[Aim for the Ace] - 2

speaking of tennis... Why don't anime tennis folks ever wear shorts under their skirts like real ppl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom