• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man PC Leaked Screenshots

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
actually no, quite the opposite. The geometry of the 2d picture gets warped because you got diffrent distances to your eyes to the edges of a display compared to the middle. So a curved Monitor that brings those Edges closer to the same distance as the center of your monitor counter acts that.
Animated GIF

Imagine being a pc gamer needing £1k GPUs to run games like this that are console users old games. PC gamers.must be desperate to be salvating over this.

Imagine buying two consoles when you can just get one PC and play both MS and Sony games.
Also you don't have to wait for developers to unlock frame rate and resolution for your next gen console version. Play any game at any resolution and frame rate.

Last edited:

Akuji

Imagine being a pc gamer needing £1k GPUs to run games like this that are console users old games. PC gamers.must be desperate to be salvating over this.
lets see what the recommended specs for the are.

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered Recommended Requirements​

• CPU: Intel Core i75-4670 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 75 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3072 MB

hmm soo ... where is the hardware needed for a 1k pc?
Its difficult to build any pc with a dedicated GPU that will not run that game just fine.

Also a PC is not just a gaming machine. It can do everything. I do alot of work for it for my hobbies as well. Planning my home theatre in CAD software so i know the amount of wood i need etc pp
Recently i ordered parts for an Arcade Stick im gonna build myself. The parts are here for 2-3 weeks already, didnt have time yet to build it. Maybe sunday? probably not, alot to do rn.
All my research for buying stocks is done on my pc. All my research in generell is done on my pc.

Oh yeah, i play games on my 240hz monitor as well.

That being said, i also own a PS5 with a UHD/120hz/VRR capable TV. There are some amazing games on consoles no need to hate any plattform especially if its an open plattform.
God of War will be amazing, TLOU P1 as well. Have quite a big backlog on PS4 games.

TheGecko

Banned
lets see what the recommended specs for the are.

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered Recommended Requirements​

• CPU: Intel Core i75-4670 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 75 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3072 MB

hmm soo ... where is the hardware needed for a 1k pc?
Its difficult to build any pc with a dedicated GPU that will not run that game just fine.

Also a PC is not just a gaming machine. It can do everything. I do alot of work for it for my hobbies as well. Planning my home theatre in CAD software so i know the amount of wood i need etc pp
Recently i ordered parts for an Arcade Stick im gonna build myself. The parts are here for 2-3 weeks already, didnt have time yet to build it. Maybe sunday? probably not, alot to do rn.
All my research for buying stocks is done on my pc. All my research in generell is done on my pc.

Oh yeah, i play games on my 240hz monitor as well.

That being said, i also own a PS5 with a UHD/120hz/VRR capable TV. There are some amazing games on consoles no need to hate any plattform especially if its an open plattform.
God of War will be amazing, TLOU P1 as well. Have quite a big backlog on PS4 games.

And we all know what it's going to be like trying to run it on minimum spec.

Akuji

do i ... need ... to dumb it down even more?
But well your not interested in the topic anyway and just shout stuff dont you?
I dont have a curved monitor/tv anymore but they are not worse then flat ones lol.
Depends on what u want to do with it and what panel gives you the best performance for your money.
If that happens to be curved, i take that. If its a flat panel i take that.

Akuji

And we all know what it's going to be like trying to run it on minimum spec.
Its not minimum its recommend, for most games that would be on a level that exceedes the base console level already fairly significant.

The game is a ps4 game, not so good hardware from 2013, its really not impressive to have a more powerfull pc then that lol.
Its basicly mid tier laptop hardware from a decade ago. The cpu is more like entry level.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
do i ... need ... to dumb it down even more?
But well your not interested in the topic anyway and just shout stuff dont you?
I dont have a curved monitor/tv anymore but they are not worse then flat ones lol.
Depends on what u want to do with it and what panel gives you the best performance for your money.
If that happens to be curved, i take that. If its a flat panel i take that.
All I said is that it distorts your vision AFTER you use one for a long period of time when staring at a flat screen monitor. Gives the illusion that it's convex instead of flat until your eyes adjust.

I don't need a marketing thesis.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Got a curved ultra wide, with 2x 27 inch normal screens next towards it. I have no issue. As long as the ultrawide isn't extremely curved but lightly.

Thanati

thatsthejoke.jpg

but seriously this game was a masterpiece from start to finish

edit* My post was deleted for trolling? Its my honest opinion watch this video and compare
it to the new spiderman the PSX game is better in every way other than graphically

This spider man game was indeed awesome. The sense of being in an open city and just exploring around was phenomenal for it’s time.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Imagine being so dirty peasant thinking people buy 1k GPUs just for this game, and as it would be the exactly same quality as the old console version.

Last edited:

TxKnight7

lol I hope you are not serious
well i'm not the author of this video not sure if this real PS5 Version and if it is real on what mode ?

But they did say
The PC version of Spider-Man Remastered also has improved shadows, ray-traced reflections, unlocked framerates
Many other rendering systems are more customizable than they have been in the past, with additional quality levels and algorithmic options. These include SSAO, texture filtering, LoD quality, and more

PC will have "higher-quality" ray tracing than the PS5 version​

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
well i'm not the author of this video not sure if this real PS5 Version and if it is real on what mode ?

But they did say
The PC version of Spider-Man Remastered also has improved shadows, ray-traced reflections, unlocked framerates
Many other rendering systems are more customizable than they have been in the past, with additional quality levels and algorithmic options. These include SSAO, texture filtering, LoD quality, and more

well yeah, obviously.
But that screenshot is some bs

Banned
All I said is that it distorts your vision AFTER you use one for a long period of time when staring at a flat screen monitor. Gives the illusion that it's convex instead of flat until your eyes adjust.

I don't need a marketing thesis.

this is actually a real thing lol.
I had an LG G Flex as my main phone for a while back in the day. that was a curved display phone, and I once looked at it for an extended period of time (I think I had a text conversation with a friend that went on for a bit),
and a different friend just came over and shortly after handed me his phone to look at a TV he was interested in on Amazon I think.

and for the first 30 seconds or so that phone looked distorted to me 🤣 like it was, like you said, a convexly curved screen. super weird experience.

Last edited:

yurinka

Why would they use low settings? LOL

0HArVoZ.gif
Gaming 'journalists' typically don't have good salaries, so maybe he doesn't have a high end PC at home.
The % of PC players with hardware capable of running games better than in a PS5 is tiny.

In super high end PCs yes. In not that high end PCs no. Most people has GPUs without RT.

Last edited:

Larxia

Someone on reddit posted a screenshot of the graphic settings

FZk9ONfWAAEzAyL

I'm basically going to turn off everything in the "camera effects" category :messenger_grinning_smiling: I'm glad all these options are there.

FZk9ONfWAAEzAyL

I'm basically going to turn off everything in the "camera effects" category :messenger_grinning_smiling: I'm glad all these options are there.
Count on nixxes to add FOV and other little but very useful stuff like film grain strength. However, where are the AA options? Is there an in-game sharpening slider?

Larxia

Count on nixxes to add FOV and other little but very useful stuff like film grain strength. However, where are the AA options? Is there an in-game sharpening slider?
That's true, maybe it's in "display" instead of Graphics? I think I've seen some games sometimes seperating image quality stuff in display rather than graphic settings.

Last edited:

FZk9ONfWAAEzAyL

That's how you do it. Disable all camera effects and ambient occlusion asap rocky. The reflections on the ground look horrible, disabled.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

FZk9ONfWAAEzAyL

8x anisotropic? Heresy.

Why would you disable bloom?

That's how you do it. Disable all camera effects and ambient occlusion asap rocky. The reflections on the ground look horrible, disabled.
Why would you disable AO? Game becomes flat af.

Last edited:

MarkyG

My 3080Ti is ready for this puppy. Having Nixxes porting to PC makes me smile. Their Tomb Raider ports are brilliant.

hlm666

where is the DLSS ?
day one patch maybe ?
probably in display (see the tab left of graphics) since it deals with resolution. If there is a render resolution slider it would be a little easier to understand why it's greyed out or disabled when you see it happen when you turn on dlss/fsr or whatever other options they have for that.

Top Bottom