• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 fails to win 1 award at game awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calverz

Mod edit: this is clearly just an attempt to antagonise and bait. At best, it just shows an unhealthy mindset from the OP given the fact many great games missed out in this year's awards.

What went wrong??

Last edited by a moderator:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
it didnt need to

main-qimg-77445e456784ba658726887b92ccc455

Last edited:

Dazraell

This may be just me but I was really disappointed in Spider-Man 2. They really nailed some things like refining the combat, but it had so many things I found as boring, annoying or outright frustrating. It felt like a safe sequel that didn't really did too much to fresh things up, reused about half of the map from the first game, had a really boring story and weak writing, absolutely awful MJ missions, and completely missed the mark in utilising the potential of its main villains

I don't think it's a bad game or anything like that. But just mediocre

tmlDan

why is there a thread for this, who's gonna make the Starfield failed to win an award let alone get nominated at the game awards.

It was an extremely competitive year, no shame in not winning.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
After all the hype of "Starfield vs Spider-Man 2", it's kind of amusing that neither of them made much of an impact in pushing the industry forward.
Spider-Man 2 was hyped as a good game.

Starifled was hyped as one of the best games ever, a generational defining game.

What's amusing is that Starfield didn't live up to hype and most reasonable Sony fans didn't expect Spider-Man to win over BG3.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
why is there a thread for this, who's gonna make the Starfield failed to win an award let alone get nominated at the game awards.

It was an extremely competitive year, no shame in not winning.
Starfield just got a "guy hates game" thread. It's one of the most popular games on these forums.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
It has my vote so who cares what others think? Why do you care OP? Enjoy your games stop worrying about corporations. They dont give a shit about you either.

It was a good game, but there really wasn't any category that it deserved to win over whatever game won.

I'm sure this is a very good faith thread and the commentary in here will be reasonable though.

sendit

Not surprised. However, a GOTY nomination isn't anything to shrug off. Baldurs Gate 3 is just too good.

Fake

They need more MJ sections next time.

Mod edit: this is clearly just an attempt to antagonise and bait. At best, it just shows an unhealthy mindset from the OP given the fact many great games missed out in this year's awards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom