• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Channel 5 Gets a new v.60 alpha released. Some Dreamcast fun

VGEsoterica

Space Channel 5 is basically synonymous with Dreamcast in the same way that Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi are IMO...it was all over the marketing and promos for Dreamcast and def is one of those games you can point to and just say "that's what Dreamcast was". But like any game the development process happens and so many ideas are discarded and builds are made to get it to that final product you go and pick up off a store shelf. Most of the time those builds are lost to time but sometimes they make it into fans hands.

Thankfully that exact thing happened with Space Channel 5 as Sega-Dreamcast-Info just released a .60 build of Space Channel Five dating over four months from its retail release and its a wildly unfinished, different game than we'd end up getting on Dreamcast as the retail version. Always love a good prototype!

But GAF...what one prototype of a Dreamcast game would you want? For me its more Agartha. Later builds than exist

ReBurn

Gold Member
I have a copy of the game for my Dreamcast but I could never get into it.

I would like to see early builds of Jet Set Radio.

Papa_Wisdom

The Japanese physical of this game is amazing with the shiny front cover. I own 4 copies of this on Dreamcast (2 jap versions, pal and u.s)

Last edited:
Top Bottom