• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony State of Play (25th Feb - 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm UK)

State of Play rate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Best girl

media%2FEvGwFgLXAAMuGk9.jpg%3Fname%3Dorig

dyergram

Returnal looks awesome Kung fu game does as well that dodgeball game looked wank ea are the worst. Wish I cared about ff overall I score this sop B.

Markio128

The only disappointment for me is that I’ve got to wait until October for the FF7 remake on PS5. Returnal looks great, as does Kena and Deathloop, all games out this year. Even that Kung fu game looked fun. That half hour flew by! Due to the covid19 situation, I lowered my expectations for announcements months ago, so I thought the show was decent, all things considered.

Overall, I thought it was okay. Returnal looks good, Sifu looks good, and Kena does as well. New trailers were cool, VIIR enhanced looks awesome, free upgrade too.

dottme

So it clearly looks like there’s no rush to go to next gen. At least, they should be able to solve the stock issues before I might be interested in the XSX or PS5.

Well that was awful. Don't get me wrong I loved FF7R and I'm really pleased for a free PS5 upgrade but their best announcement is a port of a 2020 game and it's not even from Sony first party. I'm surprised they didn't even have any Ratchet promo material considering that's out in June.

Aenima

Cool on Square to make FF7 R a free upgrade for PS5. And Yuffie character model is on point. (Im only touching in the remake once the story is complete, played the original too many times so i want the entire cast there when i play it)

Kinda mediocre show, as most of the good games shown had already been shown multiple times before. So Sifu was the most interesting new thing for me.

Last edited:

Fake

IDK if they're doing a good job to make people move on to PS5. I'll keep my PS4 for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: e&e
Man oh man this Is one of the worst If not the worst game shows ever, like literally there was nothing here that deserved a show and it even makes jim Ryan and co look even more retarded. It's like he's intentionally killing playstation.

Now I have even more reasons not to buy a ps5 or any nextgen console it's very sad it feels like nextgen isn't here all we see is backward compatible and crossgen games it's clearly pointless. If this isn't the trend I'll just stick to my PS4 until Jesus comes back.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
IDK if they're doing a good job to make people move on to PS5. I'll keep my PS4 for now.
Same here, coolest games were multiplats and none of the exclusives shown so far are console buy worthy.

Will have to wait twenty or so more years until that Persona 6 announcement I guess.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Square can give a free upgrade while Sony's own first party charged you for Spiderman Remastered. Yes I know God of War and Ghosts of Tsushima got patches but I'm talking about full upgraded PS4-PS5 not through back compatible patches.

McCheese

Fucking boring, just a bunch of games I have zero interest in.

Seeing Yuffie was great but already played FF7 to death on PS4 so it'll be one and done with the new chapter.

Microsoft have some actual studios now, they need to pull a finger out and show some real showstoppers like God of War 2 and Silent Hills, folks who haven't picked a next gen console are not going to be swayed by anything shown in this presentation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom