• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation - Play At Home - 9 New FREE PS4 Games Now Available (Moss, Rez, Abzu, Thumper, more)

Shmunter

IMPORTANT

To unlock 60fps on Subnautica on PS5..

Press R1 + L1 + X For dev console
Type in “vysync” all lower case using onscreen keyboard, press done. This will disable vysync, but Type in “vysync” again and enjoy locked 60fps.

stitch1

I added these to my account. I've always wanted to play The Witness.

So how do Sony fans feel about these free games while hating on GamePass?

MHubert

This is a very nice selection of games.

Those of you who somehow managed to sleep on The Witness - Do yourselves a favor and check out the best puzzle game ever made.

Thumper is also a very special game, especially if you are a rhythm game addict like me - check it out!

Edit: I managed to sleep on Subnautica, so I will definitely be checking that one out!

Last edited:

FrozenFlame

Am I unlucky or is their website (after the changes) absolutly trash? It keeps logging me out after getting one game. I don't have the patience to login (+2fa) for each game...

Barakov

Gold Member
Downloaded everything except the PSVR games. Heard good things about Subnautica. Interested in checking it out.

Impotaku

I already had the physical versions of subnautica, astro bot, abzu & rez. Plus the witness & thumper as digital so there was only moss, paper beasts & enter the gungeon that were new but at the price of free i wasn't going to say no. A solid selection of games for people who like fun. I played the shit out of subnautica last year i can't wait for below zero.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Is this Sony's answer to Xbox Game Pass lmao
Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Guys, try out Subnautica if you in mood for a survival game. Im enjoying it alot.
I tried it but it didn’t impress me on my first try. Picked survival and I don’t have oxygen to explore anything thoroughly, having to go back to the surface and pod all the time, it’s tedious. And swimming is terribly slow, my god. And how will I know where to find these exact materials I need to create stuff unless I google them but there’s no map so I don’t have sense of orientation. I mean, it’s interesting concept but not that fun.

Wonko_C

How is Rez Infinite if you don't have PSVR? Still fun game to play?
YMMV but personally I played Rez way back on Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox 360 and I could never get into it. Played it on PSVR and loved it (Please do Child of Eden VR next). Same with Thumper, that game becomes actually beatable if you play it in VR.

Is the free Thumper just for PSVR... if I remember correctly it was patched to support PSVR... so should work without PSVR
Yep, thumper can be played both in VR and flat, same with Rez Infinite.

Last edited:
If you own PSVR and don’t play Astro you deserve to have your CMOS battery die.
Do you believe me if I tell you not only I'm craving a vr for Astro ( and Alyx too) even as a lifetime vr hater, and also a ps5 just for...Astro?
That little robot made me fall in love

Fake

Playing right now The Witness. Its a mix of BOTW and AC without towers, the puzzles act more like souls games and have some metrovania plataforms.

Proof its still possible to complain about free. Always.
Honestly, as a plus owner, could never complain about these times, we have like 10+ free games every month between plus and play at home, and also if you have now, well...good luck not finding at least a game you like in a selection of how many? 400+ games?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Are the games available to keep?

Of course, same when you don't have PS5 and you add PS5 games. That's how PS Plus works, you just add them so they are with you for good if you have an active PS Plus subscription. Hope you didn't miss Control UE.

EDIT: They are for free without PS Plus.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Just downloaded everything. Time to do some VR gaming! I’ve been wanting to play Moss, to the point I considered buying it. Glad I didn’t. For real though that game had so much atmosphere and charm, and the puzzles were simple but fun. Really looking forward to it and the rest of them, including the non VR stuff.

Last edited:
Where are the old free games that I seem to have missed?
Everyone talks about the 9 NEW free games where are the OLD free games?

All great games, many VR including Rez Infinite - should be all except Gungeon of course.

Already played all, except Subnautica and Gungeon - and this latter is surprisingly very good and addictive, an awesome explosive and fiery dungeon crawler rogue-like that is all about guns and bullets, ridiculously funny lore :messenger_tears_of_joy: good game

Top Bottom