• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation - Play At Home - 9 New FREE PS4 Games Now Available (Moss, Rez, Abzu, Thumper, more)

Kev Kev

moss, rez and thumper were fun in vr. i decided to check out subnuatica with the vr still on and play it like that and im having a blast! this game would be great in actual vr tho. but for free, im happy! been a while since i could get into a newer game.

RyRy93

Subnautica has always interested me, worth playing on a PS4 Pro? Heard it had some gamebreaking glitches and loading issues.

xrnzaaas

YMMV but personally I played Rez way back on Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox 360 and I could never get into it. Played it on PSVR and loved it (Please do Child of Eden VR next). Same with Thumper, that game becomes actually beatable if you play it in VR.

Yep, thumper can be played both in VR and flat, same with Rez Infinite.

I haven't tried Thumper in VR mode,but it's definitely too tough for me to beat in non-VR. I've reached chapter 6 and couldn't keep up with what was happening anymore. The difficulty spike is really big since chapter 4-5.

Majukun

this things looks a lot like a disguised playstation vr promotional campaign

I mean it's still free stuff, but the intent seems prettty clear

Xeaker

Everyone here KNOWS that you're lying. So why lie like this to the GAF community?
UrLr.gif

Robins

Really enjoying Abzu at the minute. If someone needs a mega chill out game before they sleep or something I highly recommend it.

Great with the audio cranked up.

all great games, but most I've played already. However, if it wasn't free I would probably never have given a chance to Enter the Gungeon - I usually abhor "low effort" indies going for fake old school looks. But seems to be Devolver Digital's preferred style: to recreate in a retro style famous old games with a twist.

Enter the Gungeon is best described as a Doom with top down Gameboy Color graphics in procedurally generated dungeon crawling in a hard rogue-like setting. If you like Doom, dungeon crawlers and roguelikes, you're in hell.

It's immensely creative, funny, challenging, rewarding and crazy addictive. The graphics style is clean and grows in you and despite being top down, not FP, you'll quickly realize you're doing the same moves as in regular Doom, specially strife and circle strife. Seeing such gun as postal box and pillow unleashing massive carnage brings you as many laughs as frustration tears as you die over and over.

I love the music and the fact the lore of the game all revolves around bullets and guns, enemies being literal bullets. I bet Bullet Bill is there somewhere and Megaman's blue cannon hand is.

Btw, I check the trophies and they're mostly rare, which means people barely played this gem - probably fans of Doom didn't like the funny GB looks and GB fans didn't enjoy the crazy hard gameplay... :messenger_tears_of_joy: either way, just too good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom