• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation - Play At Home - 9 New FREE PS4 Games Now Available (Moss, Rez, Abzu, Thumper, more)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
16x9_ALL.jpg

All available for free now:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
16x9_ALL.jpg

All available for free now:

Gonna add them to my library! Would love to play Astro when I get the next PSVR. Moss interests me though, would try it.

bender

What time is it?
Lot's of great games. Enjoy.

I grabbed Moss, Paper Beast and Sub Nautica. I don't have a PSVR and Sub Nautica didn't click with me on Xbox. QQ

Free free free! How do you like it how do you like it free free free! I just got some free games. Rez Infinite with my Atmos soundbar is gonna be lit.

TonyK

Abzu is one of the most boring games I played in my life. I remember playing it on PC at the same time as Divinity, and the 2 hours it took me seemed more than the 100 I spent in Divinity.

Wizz-Art

Added them to my account, there are 14 free games accumulated over the years but it still hurts to not see any of my digitally bought PS3 games there and untill they find a solution for PS3 BC I'm not buying a PS console ever again!

RPS37

Add them all to my library.
Which one do I actually download and play if I don’t have PSVR anymore?

Banjo64

cumsessed
No, it's Sony's question to Xbox: why don't they offer free games with no strings attached.

They do. Crackdown 1 & 2 have been free since 2019. I downloaded Psychonauts, Destroy all Humans and Jedi Starfighter when they were temporarily free last year as well.

Last edited:

v_iHuGi

Banned
Remember to run v-sync on subnautica console to unlock the fps.

Just downloaded Subnautica & it takes two & Tony Hawk.

Wizz-Art

They do. Crackdown 1 & 2 have been free since 2019. I downloaded Psychonauts, Destroy all Humans and Jedi Starfighter when they were temporarily free last year as well.
In addition to those we had also;

Lost Oddysey, Blue Dragon, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Rare Re-play, Outer Wilds, Drawful 2, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Joy Ride Turbo, No Time To Explain, Pac-Man CE, Phantom Dust, Powerstar Golf, Too Human, The Final Station and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

And of course all the Xbox and Xbox360 games you get with XLG are yours to keep forever.

cireza

nah its just better,and free and alongside with horizont zero dawn and rachet free,and the inclusion of psn plus collection ( not free) its a better selection of what its on gamepass right now
Free stuff is always nice, but this is in no way a better selection than GamePass... :messenger_neutral:

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
After my copy of Rez HD didn’t become BC with XBO, I’ve been wanting to play it again on newer consoles. $29.99 seemed a bit high at first and I always missed the sales. This is perfect and I got to play it last night.

Redlancet

Banned
Free stuff is always nice, but this is in no way a better selection than GamePass... :messenger_neutral:
it is at least for me

• Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Until Dawn
  • Uncharted 4
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7 biohazard

plus horizont and rachet? sorry but gamepass is cute and full of cute indies and half hassed stuff and some old games,maybe in the future,but right now microsoft first party is way behind and bethesda stuff is old , and things like outriders are just B relases disguised as something relevant

Last edited:
No, it's Sony's question to Xbox: why don't they offer free games with no strings attached.
To be fair XBOX gold lets you keep the monthly games with 360 no strings attached whereas the xboxone and beyond is more like PS+ games where they are free to keep as long as you stay subscribed. The play at home from sony is a welcome new addition.

I am glad to see the PSVR games going up . I had astrobot but the others are a welcome addition.

SinDelta

If you keep getting "Access Denied" on your PC, try logging into PS Store via your PS4. That is how I was finally able to get through and claim the free games.

Last edited:

cireza

it is at least for me

• Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Until Dawn
  • Uncharted 4
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7 biohazard

plus horizont and rachet? sorry but gamepass is cute and full of cute indies and half hassed stuff and some old games,maybe in the future,but right now microsoft first party is way behind and bethesda stuff is old , and things like outriders are just B relases disguised as something relevant
So if I take PS+ today, I can access to all the games you listed ?

N30RYU

Is the free Thumper just for PSVR... if I remember correctly it was patched to support PSVR... so should work without PSVR

Kagey K

Banned
Top Bottom