• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Pixels film features Donkey Kong(!), Pac-Man, and more

Epcott

Adam Sandler, Kevin James...

So this is a Happy Madison affair.

I guess well see a cameo of Rob Schneider and or Peter Dante somewhere in there. Well, more like "someone will see a cameo", because it won't be me. Only Adam Sandler movie I've enjoyed in the last 10 years was Hotel Transylvania (which was more due to Gendy than Adam).

Busty

Banned
It's important to remember that this isn't aimed at us. This is aimed squarely at the Adam Sandler, Kevin James audience (
middle America?
) that made Grown Ups 2 a big hit.

So adjust your expectations accordingly.

Busty

Banned
Why don't columbia hand Q*bert over to SCE?

Because those divisions hate each other and have done for years. Back in the day Columbia Pictures had such disregard for SCE they passed on the movie rights to God Of War and another studio picked them up.

The only reason the likes of Uncharted is set up at SPE is because Kaz stepped in and made everyone 'play nice'

Why don't columbia hand Q*bert over to SCE?

Because those divisions hate each other and have done for years. Back in the day Columbia Pictures had such disregard for SCE they passed on the movie rights to God Of War and another studio picked them up.

The only reason the likes of Uncharted is set up at SPE is because Kaz stepped in and made everyone 'play nice'

Ha ha, I did not know that! Reminds me of the lack of co-operation between SCEA and SCEE back in the PS1/PS2 era. Fucking absurd to have in-fighting between different divisions of the same company.

What is an 80's video game champion even?

Sounds so dumb.

KMV5B87.jpg

But yeah, I just can't see this movie being anything but terrible.

DryvBy

Adam Sandler is a hit or miss. I'm shocked he wasn't in "Ted", which was basically a romantic comedy disguised as something else.

I think this will be a hit going by premise.

spwolf

Sounds fun. About time sandler did something besides his sappy love story family friendly shit he's been doing the last oh 10 to 15 years now.

sure, but occasionally there are gems... like Reign over Me and Funny People... two really good movies. And I gotta say I loved Zohan, but it seems that people did not get that it was ridiculing israeli-palestinian relations.

When was the last time he made a good film? Longer than you think.

Didn't he make Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets? I've no idea what he's done since then.

EDIT - actually, I think he also directed The Philosopher's Stone too. But I guess those films are a good 12+ years ago now.

marrec

Banned
Adam Sandler hasn't made a good movie in about 67 years so I'm going to avoid this one as well until I hear reviews.

Donkey Kong has never made a good movie either, just so you know.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
With that said... Adam Sandler did voice Dracula in Hotel Transylvania and it was watchable, but only because Genndy Tartakovsky was handling the animation.

So Grown-Ups 3 with video games?
Cannot say I am that excited about it...

Edit: Futurama has also done the plot (Aliens based around VG)

BigDug13

Is Sandler writing or directing the movie at all? His inclusion might not be terrible as long as he's just playing a role and is as far away from the film creatively as possible.

Castcoder

Banned
I just watched Nostalgia Critic's 8 Crazy Nights review last night... you know I can't be happy to see one of those names in the cast list now.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

at least it seems it will have a bigger budget than Noobz

do you remember Noobz guys? That one with Jason Mewes and Zelda Williams?

Guys?

Top Bottom