• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Might Be Doing A Show Next Week

Will Sony Have A Show Next Week?

• Total voters

S0ULZB0URNE

What games are those? Ragnarok is just a big expansion with not much new going on. Returnal is a great roguelike experience with horror elements, but nothing that hasn't been done before or new. Demon's Souls is the best looking game visually, but it's a remake of a game from 2008. Ratchet and Clank is exactly what you expect. horizon Forbidden West has somewhat better visuals, but nothing groundbreaking.

I am not including 3rd party titles here strictly talking about first party and Sony only.
Sounds like the best exclusive list in recent gaming.

schaft0620

What I find most interesting (if this is true) how is Sony going to have their typical "Japanese Partner" SoP and say nothing about Spider-Man 2 and Helldivers 2.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Has there been any more leaks about the new model ps5 since the video of the shell last month

nial

Gold Member
Is Shinobi the guy (it was him or someone else but pretty sure it was him) who had claimed to have insider info in summer 2020 that Series X and PS5 "will release in Oct or Dec", but turned out they both launched in November?
Probably the dumbest thing to get wrong when considering that they always release these consoles in November, lol.

NickFire

I want to see a live show with unscripted questions from the audience allowed. A couple off the top of my head:

Can you name one example of how Sony will improve the online experience to justify the 33% increase to the online tax?

Other than maybe Gran Turismo 8, do you even plan to release another first party game with online multiplayer that isn't a F2P GAAS?

With respect to people who primarily play current year COD and sports games, what is your contingency plan to retain them if MS successfully purchases COD? Wouldn't the $204 for GPU be cheaper than the combined cost of COD (70), the Show (70), and paid online access (80)? Sure, the Sony route lets you keep the games after a year for only $16 more, but who the F keeps playing sports games and COD after a new iteration drops?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Do we hear something today?

Nintendo Direct announced today?

Did Aaron Rodgers blow out his Achilles?

Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

supernova8

Banned
“Huge marketing push trailer”
“Sate of Play”
“Confidentional”

There are some questions about the authenticity of this document.
Infomation!

Also I love "Warning, confidentional infomation."

Somehow the period at the end doesn't match the initial "warning".

Last edited:
I miss old Sony. We've gone from so much hype to literally nothing. I guess it doesn't matter as people buy the console no matter what but its gutting as someone who checks gaming websites and podcasts etc.

I guess they have nothing for first half next year again?
I know that people like to pretend these don't count for reasons, but both MLB The Show and the next Destiny 2 expansion (e.g. The Final Shape) will release in the 1st half of next year.

Elios83

Got this screenshot from a friend on Discord. Probably fake but still worth sharing it here.

20230912_182010.jpg

Lol super fake with mispellings.
But something will be happening soon anyway. FF7 Rebirth marketing will ramp up quickly with a release in early 2024.
Kojima has been hinting at a new DS2 trailer and it's still not clear if a PS5 Slim will be launched soon.

Last edited:

Embearded

I know that people like to pretend these don't count for reasons, but both MLB The Show and the next Destiny 2 expansion (e.g. The Final Shape) will release in the 1st half of next year.
MLB the show is appealing mainly to americans who are into sports and Destiny 2 expansion doesn't really count as Bungie was recently bought and they would release this anyway. Just like Starfield doesn't really count as a Microsoft release.

To be completely fair, we should count as big 1st party releases only games that were greenlight and developed after the merge.

vivftp

I miss old Sony. We've gone from so much hype to literally nothing. I guess it doesn't matter as people buy the console no matter what but its gutting as someone who checks gaming websites and podcasts etc.

I guess they have nothing for first half next year again?

Based off of games with announced release dates/windows and a couple of rumors, this is what we should expect for the PS5 over the next 9 months in terms of first party content, and also console exclusive content:

Spider-Man 2
Helldivers 2
FF7 Rebirth
Rise of the Ronin
Foamstars
Granblue Fantasy Relink
MLB24
Destiny 2 The Final Shape
Honkai Star Rail
Stellar Blade

Between the SOP, TGS and TGA, we'll have a much better idea of whether all of that content will land over the next 9 months, and if there might be additional content on top of that.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Based off of games with announced release dates/windows and a couple of rumors, this is what we should expect for the PS5 over the next 9 months in terms of first party content, and also console exclusive content:

Spider-Man 2
Helldivers 2
FF7 Rebirth
Rise of the Ronin
Foamstars
Granblue Fantasy Relink
MLB24
Destiny 2 The Final Shape
Honkai Star Rail
Stellar Blade

Between the SOP, TGS and TGA, we'll have a much better idea of whether all of that content will land over the next 9 months, and if there might be additional content on top of that.

Yeah I'm hoping for some big Sony games studio game.

I bought a second ps5 for spider man 2 to play in my room so I'll be good for a while. Would be nice to have an nice Sony exclusive for first half 2024.

vivftp

Yeah I'm hoping for some big Sony games studio game.

I bought a second ps5 for spider man 2 to play in my room so I'll be good for a while. Would be nice to have an nice Sony exclusive for first half 2024.

All of those games except Spider-Man 2, Helldivers 2 and Stellar Blade will be first party or console exclusive in the first half of 2024. FF7 Rebirth being a major third party exclusive, and Rise of the Ronin being a big XDEV project. Games like Destiny 2 The Final Shape are multi-plat, but that takes nothing away from them.

Anyways, the list of potential content to add to 2024 is quite large, with Death Stranding 2 and Wolverine being 2 of the larger ones, quite likely TLOU Online as well. We'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
All of those games except Spider-Man 2, Helldivers 2 and Stellar Blade will be first party or console exclusive in the first half of 2024. FF7 Rebirth being a major third party exclusive, and Rise of the Ronin being a big XDEV project. Games like Destiny 2 The Final Shape are multi-plat, but that takes nothing away from them.

Anyways, the list of potential content to add to 2024 is quite large, with Death Stranding 2 and Wolverine being 2 of the larger ones, quite likely TLOU Online as well. We'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

Hopefully, they have more than that for me. Its been a quiet year and I'm hoping they come gun's blazing in 2024 with some surprises.

vivftp

Hopefully, they have more than that for me. Its been a quiet year and I'm hoping they come gun's blazing in 2024 with some surprises.

This hasn't been one of their busier years, but keep in mind pandemic delays have pushed a lot of content releases and announcements back at least a year or so.

In terms of what else we might see in 2024, I'll add to the initial list I posted:

Wolverine (rumored by Grubb)
Death Stranding 2 (just based off of dev time since the first game and since we're likely to get another trailer this year)
Concord (announced for 2024)
TLOU Online (was supposed to get a 2023 reveal but Naughty Dog announced they needed more time, so maybe 2024 for reveal/launch)
God of War DLC / Smaller project (rumored and said to be 60% done, so could land in 2024)
Horizon live service game (in dev since 2018/2019)
Silent Hill 2 Remake (not likely that it'll miss 2024)
Lost Soul Aside (said to be 2024 release)
PSVR2 mode for Resident Evil 4 (could be late 2023 or 2024, we'll likely know at TGS)
Plus of course whatever else comes to PSVR2

Those are a few possible additions to the 2024 lineup I listed above, and there's so much more that could land in 2024.

Top Bottom