• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Sony lied about Demon's Souls remake having Ray Tracing on PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2018
So if we go to the official PlayStation blog we can see that Demon's Souls remake is advertised having "beautiful shadow effects and ray tracing"

But two days ago In an interview with Spanish outlet LevelUp, the creative director of the remake said that they chose not to use ray tracing.

DonJuanSchlong

Spice Spice Baby
Jul 15, 2020
The end of today, is tomorrow dust
So if we go to the official PlayStation blog we can see that Demon's Souls remake is advertised having "beautiful shadow effects and ray tracing"

But two days ago In an interview with Spanish outlet LevelUp, the creative director of the remake said that they chose not to use ray tracing.

I believe VFXVeteran VFXVeteran said this a while back, and others jumped the gun on him. I might be thinking of another poster, so I could be wrong if it wasn't him.

Last edited:

Agnostic2020

Oct 24, 2017
These are all from one spanish article which wasnt sure and has asked for clarification as another spanish magazine said raytracing exist in form of global illumination

Hix

Banned
Jul 24, 2011
Belfast, NI
To be fair, they've likely removed it to boost the resolution from 1440p, something Lance McDonald confirmed happened recently

Status
Not open for further replies.