• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony CES 2016 press conference thread

chadskin

I wonder what platform Sony are going to to use to "launch" PSVR? - date, price etc.

I might be wrong, but I thought the target was Q1 2016?

My personal expectation is we'll get a dedicated press conference for PSVR sometime in February - final hardware reveal, price, release date, launch lineup of games.

I know people said GDC, presumably because it's the next gaming-related event, but with its focus more on developers it doesn't feel like the right venue and it might be a bit late if they want to drum up hype for a H1 2016 release.

So does this line up look good to take the plunge? I know last year GAF suggested avoiding the Sony new TV, how about this year from the information out now?

Mindwipe

Lol, Engadget has a story about Sony announcing a Ultra-HD 4K Blu-ray player at this event, because Engadget didn't read their press briefing properly and they're talking about a normal Blu-ray player.

That site really has gone to shit since its redesign disaster, and if the Alexa stats are anything like reality probably won't still exist by the next CES.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
IIRC, they[sales stores such as Amazon] did it with PS4 and XBO consoles, didn't they?

No, the PS4 pre-orders did not go up on Amazon until 10 minutes after the reveal of the price at E3. I remember pre-ordering 5 minutes later when they enabled the link.

Xenus

Really disappointed with Sony on the television front. Where did Crystal LED go? Where did the OLED ventures go? You make PlayStation, at the very least they should consider supporting FreeSync/G-Sync. And all of this comes with a "premium" price to boot. :/And as for Audio, it's hilarious to expect ANY ONE to hear a difference between high resolution files and MP3 on that outdoor speaker.

The only class leading product was the camera and lenses.

Welll they have this...

https://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/files/cat/mondisp/articles/HDR_X300_explained.pdf

Definitely class leading just not consumer facing....

Top Bottom