• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s CES press conference will stream live on January 8th (5pm PST / 1am GMT / 2am CET

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
CES is once a year, Playstations real press conference is every June.
Not a real show unless its live in person with a presenter on stage. They put a bunch of shitty trailers together. they need to go back to THIS formula
Its almost like Sony have other profit-generating businesses.
They make more off Playstation than the rest of their business combines, man

Yeah, lots of complaints on reddit, some only last few months. Planar drivers are fragile and thin and don't like pressure, taking them on and off paired with closed-back design creates pressure that slowly damages the drivers. If they made exact same headphones but open-back version durability should be much better.
So I would be OK as long as I do not take them off.

I can order the Maxwells with a 6 year warranty from Ritchersounds.com, so might still give them a try.

Audeze do an openback MM-100 I think it's called, maybe a wireless version of that could be announced.

Represent.

That Sony A9III is a fucking beast of a camera. A true innovation in the camera world. This company can really innovate when they want to

Their creativity/ambition/hustle is in the camera space right now. Gaming remains stagnant

Last edited:

Represent.

Is she high? Weren't the Emmys yesterday?

Sony talking about Nintendo Mario on screen, crazy lol

Last edited:

dotnotbot

So I would be OK as long as I do not take them off.

I can order the Maxwells with a 6 year warranty from Ritchersounds.com, so might still give them a try.

Audeze do an openback MM-100 I think it's called, maybe a wireless version of that could be announced.

If you can get them with long warranty you should be ok. They're one of the best tuned planars you can get thanks to DSP. I haven't heard them, but looking at FR graphs they're close to perfect while non-wireless planars always have some issues with excessive dips in 2-5 kHz region.

Last edited:

Fake

They want to launch a service in Brazil when even the Bravia leave Brazil a time ago lmao.

nick776

It is PAINFUL to watch these guys try to speak English. One would think Sony would have someone fluent deliver the keynotes instead of this awkward rhetoric with people who struggle to utter basic words in English.

Codes 208

they produce good movies
They also produce complete ass like surfs up 2 and open season

Which goes to show they have some of the biggest highs (like most of their spiderman movies) and the lowest lows (like the aforementioned surfs up 2 wwe ad and three open season movies that make all the ice age movies look 9/10 pixar movies)

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
something something something something something something Unreal Engine 5.3 something something something something something something

DrFigs

I think its neat they drove the car w/ the dualsense. but if a submarine could do it w/ a madcatz, then i guess it's not really that impressive

dotnotbot

2uMaK3e.png

kylo-ren-traitor.gif

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
Every screen in the next Sony car should be a transparent MicroLED with a polarised outer layer that can block out everything + autostereoscopy, parallax driven by eye tracking and disengageable steering with a PS5 Pro+ built-in and a free copy of GT7 pre-loaded. Then you can just sit in there and play with a full surround while you're in your garage.

:messenger_sunglasses: :messenger_grinning_sweat:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I thinke people misunderstood the whole thing. It's a demonstration of tech for filmmaking and quick CG previz, not Gravity Rush show announcement in any capacity.

All in all it was traditionally boring CES conference for Sony, though it's was interesting to witness way more expensive PSVR variant for content creators (from the official PR wording it is clear that the headset wouldn't even make it to the stores, it will be distributed via Sony Pro akin of broadcasting equipment).

Top Bottom