• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s Project Q Factory Leaked Images

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I guess there are a ton of guys whose wifes/girlfriends don't let them use their brand new OLEDs whenever they want, and Sony knows this.
that's why you use a monitor. Having a screen to yourself that turns on whenever you like it makes the most sense as opposed to using the PS5 in the same dedicated screen as everyone else.

Besides, aren't most people here rich enough to afford a secondary TV screen in their bedroom exclusive to them? Why's this an issue

Pedro Motta

that's why you use a monitor. Having a screen to yourself that turns on whenever you like it makes the most sense as opposed to using the PS5 in the same dedicated screen as everyone else.

Besides, aren't most people here rich enough to afford a secondary TV screen in their bedroom exclusive to them? Why's this an issue
It was a joke bro. I don't care.

ElCasual

Dumb question.
Will be chance to "hack" or jailbreak that thing that you can "save" ISO of ps2. Will be nice play older games in that.

ElCasual

Dumb question.
Will be chance to "hack" or jailbreak that thing that you can "save" ISO of ps2. Will be nice play older games in that.
Q17dwwA.png
I say that because, Is that a memory slot?

phant0m

Needs to be $150 but it won’t be.

Also just bring out Vita 2 with non-proprietary memory, let it play PSX/PS2/PSP/Vita games locally and stream from PSNow or a PS4/5 console

Last edited:

Loxus

This is extremely different than a digital only console.

A Logitech G Cloud, for example, is standalone and doesn't require any other hardware to play games on it.

This, from what we know, is a dedicated remote play device only and will be useless unless you also own a PS5.
1) PlayStation could implement a streaming only PS Plus tier for the Project Q.

2) Both Digital and Project Q require the internet.

StueyDuck

"remote play on a laptop already exists and is free compared to dropping money on a device that does the same thing"

Implies that someone already has a laptop and they didn't pay for it because it most certainly isn't free.
Again... laptops work without a ps5... this device only works with a ps5.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1) PlayStation could implement a streaming only PS Plus tier for the Project Q.

2) Both Digital and Project Q require the internet.

1. They could, but that's not what this device is for now.

2. That's fine, it's the nature of the devices, but one of them also requires you to own a whole console to be functional.

Loxus

1. They could, but that's not what this device is for now.

2. That's fine, it's the nature of the devices, but one of them also requires you to own a whole console to be functional.
We don't know the full extent of this product capabilities.

adamsapple

We don't know the full extent of this product capabilities.

We know it's a remote play only device via Jim's announcement in the showcase. If it has any hidden functionality then frankly it's up to Sony to let people know.

“We will launch a dedicated device that enables you to stream any game from your PS5 console using Remote Play over Wi-Fi,” PlayStation boss Jim Ryan said during the PlayStation Showcase. “Internally known as ‘Project Q,’ it has an 8-inch HD screen and all of the buttons and features of the DualSense wireless controller.”

Last edited:

Unknown?

Again... laptops work without a ps5... this device only works with a ps5.
I understand that, but that's not what you were saying. Remote play requires a PS5 regardless of what device you're using to remote play. Project Q or a Laptop requires a PS5 to remote to.

Loxus

We know it's a remote play only device via Jim's announcement in the showcase. If it has any hidden functionality then frankly it's up to Sony to let people know.

You're trying to be a smart ass.

The only requirement for Remote Play is an internet connection, which is the say requirement for cloud streaming.

Do you even know how Remote Play works?

adamsapple

You're trying to be a smart ass.

The only requirement for Remote Play is an internet connection, which is the say requirement for cloud streaming.

Do you even know how Remote Play works?

Alright my guy, first ... relax ..

Second

According to the fine print at the bottom of Sony’s presentation, games you play on the Q must be installed on a PlayStation 5 console itself — it’s apparently designed as a companion for your own PS5, not something that would play games natively like a Steam Deck or phone or even stream them from the cloud.

This cannot be spoon fed any more gently.

Tripolygon

Banned

It's an Android OS with full gamepad control that connect to the internet. It should in theory be able to run any android app including an Xbox Game Pass app, Steam link, GeForce Now, etc.

Last edited:

adamsapple

It's an Android OS with full gamepad control that connect to the internet. It should in theory be able to run any android app including an Xbox Game Pass app, Steam link, GeForce Now, etc.

I bet people will have it rooted within days, I'm looking forward to that myself.

Loxus

Alright my guy, first ... relax ..

Second

This cannot be spoon fed any more gently.
Again, we don't know the full extent of this device.
This is all we got from Sony.

Coming soon to PlayStation®

Project Q

Project Q is a dedicated Remote Play device that lets you stream compatible games installed on your PS5 console over Wi-Fi*. It features a beautiful 8-inch HD screen and all the buttons and features of the DualSense® wireless controller.

If you knew how Remote Play works, you'd know there is nothing stopping this from doing cloud steaming like on PC using PS Now.

skit_data

Project Q

Project Q is a dedicated Remote Play device that lets you stream compatible games installed on your PS5 console over Wi-Fi*. It features a beautiful 8-inch HD screen and all the buttons and features of the DualSense® wireless controller.

If you knew how Remote Play works, you'd know there is nothing stopping this from doing cloud steaming like on PC using PS Now.
Just out of curiousity I tried launching inFamous via Remote Play and it doesn't work (says you can't stream games while using Remote Play).
So for now it certainly won't work.

However it could be supported in the future. That'd make make this device make way more sense.

The same company that designed the gorgeous Vita made this thing? It looks like something a random YouTuber constructed using a tablet screen and a sawed apart DualSense.

adamsapple

Ok. But we're not talking about what it COULD do, we're talking about what it WILL do at launch and what it is being marketed as.

StueyDuck

I understand that, but that's not what you were saying. Remote play requires a PS5 regardless of what device you're using to remote play. Project Q or a Laptop requires a PS5 to remote to.
I was saying the thing I said multiple times. It's why I said them, because they are what I said

I don't think it will sell well unless it's $99.

I'm getting it if it's discounted.
There is zero chance they sell this for $99. They sell just the split controller to hook up to your phone for that price.

I'm guessing $250. And I don't think Sony expects to sell big numbers. It's just an extra accessory for a small subset of PS5 gamers.

Project Q

*Games must be installed on PS5 console and excludes VR games.

No, it's not a streaming device, it's a dedicated remote play device...

Top Bottom