• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something mysterious is killing 11,000 nearby galaxies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
B454pcD.jpg

It's Remina.

V_Arnold

Reading this as present tense is like someone writing "something is killing all the dinosaurs in this little water-filled planet just 64 million light-years from us" : D

Apparently Trump was enough for the Shivans nope any chance at intergalactic travel humanity had immediately. I wonder how many Sathanases...

These enormous, epic scaled things are happening in the universe around us - waiting to be discovered - and yet we still fight each other and elect idiots into office. Imbecils that probably don't even know the earth is but a speck in the grand scheme of things. We should work together to colonise space.

God dammit, AI, please take over and save what can be saved.

These enormous, epic scaled things are happening in the universe around us - waiting to be discovered - and yet we still fight each other and elect idiots into office. Imbecils that probably don't even know the earth is but a speck in the grand scheme of things. We should work together to colonise space.

Apparently you assume some higher aspiration than the flesh and bones we inhabit.

I'm not sure what enormous, epic things are happening in space but if it's resulting in entire galaxies being destroyed I'm not sure I want Earth to be a part of it.

Apparently you assume some higher aspiration than the flesh and bones we inhabit.

I think there's more to us than just flesh and bones. At least with some of us.

I'm not sure what enormous, epic things are happening in space but if it's resulting in entire galaxies being destroyed I'm not sure I want Earth to be a part of it.

You're right. Let's just say I want us to be able to observe from a distance but with an understanding of what is happening.

Trump is actually interested in space colonization. He is expected to start with Newt's moonbase Dream as a start towards getting our asses to Mars.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If this is widespread and cuts the potential 'lifespan' of these galaxies by a significant amount, wouldn't it mean that our current models of the long-term future of the universe are wrong by a few billion years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom