• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some of James Gunn’s Suicide Squad cast spotted in costume

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Lorne needs a hot young sexy unthreatening dude around in the cast to sell, even if they are not funny. in the 90s that was Jimmy Fallon. now it's this guy. Jimmy Fallon was actively a drag on the show, as Tina Fey was forced to co host the news with this giggling boyish idiot, but he was a crucial part of selling the show, he sold it to girls/gays who thought he was hot, he gave the show a hipster edge just from his look (much justified now given his saccharine love of DIY instrument jams). he was the Beta Male to Will Farrell's Alpha. classic good lucks combined with an unthreatening persona. Pete has taken that role.

Pete is what if you take the twee Fallon and edge him up for the tumblr generation? i find him ugly but he has classical bone structure and is tall, both qualities that lend someone to a life of privilege, and success in the fashion industry. Fallon was like this too, a guy who lacked talent, but had the look down. that Pete dated the pop tart also speaks to his meme-ability, he knows how to trend, which is really the full depth of his worth. he has done nothing funny on the show that has lasted in the public conscience. yet his name is constantly in the news whether it is fucking some idiot pop star or acting like a drugged idiot who craves attention. this might be worth even more to a money man. Lorne knows he is good for business. that he has this Belushi-style flirting with killing himself via drugs is likely a bonus reason to keep him on.

i just feel icky when i see him. he looks like he needs trouble, and that being rich and famous is the opposite of what he needs. he makes me feel like the whole world is an enabler for him. then when i read he is giving shit to veterans, i just want to punch his fucking lights out. this privileged unfunny bitch. fuck him.

Last edited:
says it all
aBGOcwA.png

He looks like an Xbox 360 owner.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Even though the first suicide squad is considered a failure, its great to know some good things came out of it like Harely Quinn, suicide squad was below average, great super hero movies have that special juice that makes them good, so I'm not worried about Birds of Prey.

Top Bottom