• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what is Bluepoint doing?

Mr Hyde

Natalie Desselle Reid Cooking GIF by filmeditor

Blindy

Maybe InFamous collection, I would assume Sucker Punch would be more than happy to give them their blessing.

Have to space it out and away from Spider Man 2 and it's (potential) DLC though otherwise it's overkill. Maybe squeak it in before Wolverine is released.

Last edited:

Doom_master1122

Neo Member
I just want them to give us the broken Archstone in Demon's Souls. The content was already half finished in the original. Would love to see it come back as a finished DLC world. After that, I'd be happy with anything else they'd give us.
I know the chances are basically 0% for the archstone, but I can dream.

DeepSpace5D

Pure speculation on my part, but I can see them having a smaller team working on some original content, with their main team working on their next remake.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
To people saying Bloodborne 2. Please educate me. How could that be possible? Doesn't From Software own the IP?
I dont know why would anyone want Bloodborne 2 made by devs who barely make their own IP......So far Bluepoint hasn't shown me they can make their own game other than just making graphics.....unless you think making graphics = game design.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I dont know why would anyone want Bloodborne 2 made by devs who barely make their own IP......So far Bluepoint hasn't shown me they can make their own game other just making graphics.....unless you think making graphics = game design.
Agreed. To me Sony missed an opportunity with Demon's Souls remake. They should have had Bluepoint test the waters by making the 6th Archstone in Demon's Souls.

Metnut

Probably Bloodborne 2, but it’s still a bit away. At some point in 2024 they’ll show a rough template/alpha to Miyazaki and he’ll give some rough feedback for a few weeks in exchange for a few million cash and a producing credit. We’ll see the game in 2025 ( along with the long awaited remaster of the original ).

Last edited:

yurinka

Probably updating models on already written code "remaking" something old.
It's been three years since Demon's Soul.

Are they remaking another Souls title. (Dark Souls 1 plz) Or are they working on something else.
Making Bloodborne Remake. My uncle works for a company.
Pure speculation on my part, but I can see them having a smaller team working on some original content, with their main team working on their next remake.
Aren't they making an original game?
There isn't a game they could be working on that would be more popular and profitable than a PS5/PC remake of Bloodborne.
Maybe InFamous collection, I would assume Sucker Punch would be more than happy to give them their blessing.

Have to space it out and away from Spider Man 2 and it's (potential) DLC though otherwise it's overkill. Maybe squeak it in before Wolverine is released.
Taking artistic license with Metal Gear Solid.

After Demon's Souls according to their boss and a studio statement they stopped making remasters and remakes and moved to work on original games, also mentioned by Bluepoint as 'original content' (never said 'new IPs').

After Demon's Souls, as seen in the game credits and their LinkedIn the whole studio worked on God of War Ragnarok until its release as a support team.

They won't do more remakes or remasters, and their game design team isn't big enough to be a lead studio, so they won't make their own new games. This means that they will continue working as a support team for Sony games at least until they grow their design team enough.

Some gaas game knowing sony....
And probably taking example from Insomniac, maximizing esg score by giving story to sweet baby inc.
I am worried about sony
God of War Ragnarok isn't a GaaS title. And unlike Insomniac they don't have enough people to work on multiple games at the same time.

I dont know why would anyone want Bloodborne 2 made by devs who barely make their own IP......So far Bluepoint hasn't shown me they can make their own game other than just making graphics.....unless you think making graphics = game design.
Before joining Bluepoint, their lead or senior staff had key positions developing games like Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Prime 3, Donkey Kong Returns, Mario Kart 7, Diablo II, World of Warcraft or several Naughty Dog games to name a few. Bluepoint also codeveloped GoWR.

They know a thing or two about making new videogames.

A gaas demanded by Jim Ryan the fucker
Most known Sony GaaS were under development before Jim Ryan became CEO and Hermen Hulst was promoted to his current position. Most of the known games -officially announced or not- greenlighted under Jim and Hermen aren't GaaS.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
They're working on a huge, open-world fantasy RPG that will be Sony's answer to the Elder Scrolls.

The game will aim to combine the very best of Souls, Elder Scrolls and Witcher 3. Looking at a late 2025 release.

Source below

T-0800

I actually think letting them work on original IP is a bad thing for that studio, there was a place for good remakes/remasters and they are the best for it

Ideally they would alternate between remakes and original stuff.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Before joining Bluepoint, their lead or senior staff had key positions developing games like Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Prime 3, Donkey Kong Returns, Mario Kart 7, Diablo II, World of Warcraft or several Naughty Dog games to name a few. Bluepoint also codeveloped GoWR.

They know a thing or two about making new videogames.
I don’t trust them to make sequel to one of my favourite game, either FROM makes Bloodborne 2 or I don’t need it.

Remastering/remaking is one thing but making sequels is another thing, I don’t want another Silent Hill BS with Bloodborne.

yurinka

I don’t trust them to make sequel to one of my favourite game, either FROM makes Bloodborne 2 or I don’t need it.

Remastering/remaking is one thing but making sequels is another thing, I don’t want another Silent Hill BS with Bloodborne.
As of now they are a support team. So in case they would be working on Bloodborne 2, it would be in the role of a support team. With someone else -very likely FromSoft- leading the development of the project.

They were heavily credited on GOW Ragnarok. It looked like the whole staff. That does mean that is all they were doing but it may have been a big chunk of resource for them until last year
An small indie studio (previously multiplat) helping a Playstation first party AAA big studio doing their first PS5 game? What's happening here?

If Sony wastes Bluepoint on a GOW spinoff I’ll sell my PS5 and post the screenshots on this very thread. You can bookmark me.

Isn't this the story of Sony all gen tho. So much time wasted this gen as upper management spreads them too thin, forcing them to work on GaaS bullshit, cross gen bullshit, and side projects.

Neilg

I got a little hint from one of their lead artists a while back. He said if someone applies for an environment art position with really good office / workplace environments filled with great clutter, they're a near-instant hire.

I have never been able to figure out what remake that is. I thought it could be MGS for a while.

Top Bottom