• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what is Bluepoint doing?

if there is a gaming god they are remaking bloodborne the same style they did demon's souls
i've read somewhere they are making a remake and a original project but not sure if that's true or not

This! It makes so much sense to remake BB it's not even funny. It makes TOO much g damn sense. Since Sony doesn't want to give us a simple patch or even a remaster, what better project is there for Bluepoint after they've proven they can do amazing Remake ..they did Demon Souls for goodness sake!

Sony has baffled me all gen long tho with their decision making.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Well they have said they are working on original stuff, but does that mean they are still basically just a support studio? Maybe.

They are in Austin Texas so it would make sense to try and grow the studio due to competition for talent in the region.

Ar¢tos

I don't know about you guys, but The Last of Us Part II is overdue for a remake.
That's ND next project!
TLOU remaster - TLOU remake - TLOU2 remaster - TLOU2 remake - TLOU3 (Ellie wants highlights and must travel to the only working hairdresser in the other side of the country. A deep emotional journey full of twists and turns) - TLOU remaster remake - TLOU remake remaster - TLOU3 remaster - TLOU2 remaster remake - TLOU2 remake remaster - TLOU3 remake

They have this gen and next gen already covered!

tommib

That's ND next project!
TLOU remaster - TLOU remake - TLOU2 remaster - TLOU2 remake - TLOU3 (Ellie wants highlights and must travel to the only working hairdresser in the other side of the country. A deep emotional journey full of twists and turns) - TLOU remaster remake - TLOU remake remaster - TLOU3 remaster - TLOU2 remaster remake - TLOU2 remake remaster - TLOU3 remake

Omg that’s such a funny post. You’re hilarious. Congrats 🥂

ungalo

People think they said they're doing an "original IP", but what they actually said was "original content".
So there's a chance it's Bloodborne 2.

also, since this seems to bother some in here, LET THEM COOK!!
Making a Bloodborne 2 is way above their league. So far we know they're good at remaking games, and it's only visuals/sound.

It will not be something that FS touched before, people would be enraged.

But yeah it's going to be a new game in a preexisting Sony's IP.

Last edited:

Hudo

That's ND next project!

Sounds like a solid business plan.

Making a Bloodborne 2 is way above their league. So far we know they're good at remaking games, and it's only visuals/sound.

It will not be something that FS touched before, people would be enraged.

But yeah it's going to be a new game in a preexisting Sony's IP.
I don't know. Sony letting them work on their own game to start with shows they have confidence in them.
I'm sure they could get some FS consulting too. Sony owns part of them, so I'm sure they could grab some of the employees from time to time.

yugoluke

It's been three years since Demon's Soul.

Are they remaking another Souls title. (Dark Souls 1 plz) Or are they working on something else.
My hope is Bloodborne remake.

My Souls Journey has been a little non traditional. The first game I played and finished in its entirety was Sekiro, which I absolutely loved. Then Elden ring (not as good combat as sekiro).

Recently got all achievements from Lies of P, which then prompted me to try blood borne. Please give us a blood borne remake.

The length of time between releases indicates they're working on something original, at least partially.

BB remake is possible, but I don't imagine it would take this much time while PS marketing stays entirely mum.

The most popular, but baseless and untrustworthy (sketchy sources) rumor is that they're remaking Metal Gear Solid.

I'm kinda divided on this REX SFX though. Can hear and not hear REX at all. Can be placebo or maybe that's what Bluepoint intended to tease here, and not giving it away too much with just a subtle hint of a dino scream.

Top Bottom