• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So time constraints seem to benefit PS5, in a generation all about time constraints

Romulus

The question is, when is it really going to stop? Both Xbox and Sony are pushing their old systems for at least the next 2-3 years. That means XB1, X1X, XSS, XSX, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5, and PC all need optimization. That's not even counting Switch(pro?). Then you factor in Cov19 means further constraints.

Just seems to me this will be the ultimate generation of parity with PS5 slight advantages. PS5 and XSX are already closer than XB1 and PS4 in terms of power, then you figure in advancements in dynamic resolution makes it even more of a wash than it already is.

Sucks for Microsoft because their power advantage gets absorbed by unforeseen circumstances, and this is all assuming PS5 doesn't have some advantage in hardware, which it might.

Last gen we needed glasses and zoom lenses, this gen we'll need a magnifying glass too.

200.gif

Last edited:

OrtizTwelve

Normal people just enjoy the games. I feel like nobody here actually plays games.

This site isn’t reflective of the real consumer marketplace. 99% of console game purchasers and players don’t really give a shit about numbers and specs. If things look nice and play well, they’re impressed. They already know PS5 is more powerful and “better” than PS4, and so on with the “new” XBOX. It’s not complicated.

Blond

Banned
This site isn’t reflective of the real consumer marketplace. 99% of console game purchasers and players don’t really give a shit about numbers and specs. If things look nice and play well, they’re impressed. They already know PS5 is more powerful and “better” than PS4, and so on with the “new” XBOX. It’s not complicated.

Truth. I think Gaf has a serious problem not understanding how enthusiast we are towards gaming as a whole and that we really are the least paid attention too from a developer standpoint because we’ll be the people to tell them how shit their ideas are lol.

That being said, every industry benefits from people like us calling out bad practice’s so I *get * it.

The Alien

Banned
Want Sony going to launch an even more underpowered PS5 in 2019 but devs gave them the appropriate feedback?

So even though they went back to the drawing board, were ahead of the game in some respects.

Want Sony going to launch an even more underpowered PS5 in 2019 but devs gave them the appropriate feedback?

So even though they went back to the drawing board, were ahead of the game in some respects.
There was no "going back to the drawing board". It takes years to develop a console. In fact, in the PS5 teardown video, it was mentioned that it took two years just to develop the liquid metal in PS5. It takes a lot to keep cool/quiet an APU that is pushing 3.5 on CPU and 2.23 on GPU. You don't just "go back to the drawing board" in late 2019 and build a system like that. Hell, Sony has been co-developing Navi from the beginning.

Top Bottom