• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So PlayStation revoked my Death Stranding PS5 update..

solidus12

So back in 2021, I purchased the PS5 update for Death Stranding, the 10$ upgrade that works with the PS4 disc.

With the game being on PS+ extra, I used my subscription to play it without having to insert the PS4 disc. Now that my PS+ subscription has expired, I have lost access to the PS5 version of Death Stranding, the version that I have purchased.

When I insert the PS4 disc, they ask me to pay 10$ for the PS5 update.

Help.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
What did the support team say?

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Kilau

It could be different version fuckery on the store but I did have license issues last night trying to play the uncharted legacy collection from ps plus.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, i had similar issues with buying DriveClub from the store. I had the PS+ edition and it just wouldnt let me buy the damn dlc. or the base game. i dont know. it was a mess.

I ended up buying the retail copy again before they took the game offline.

K2D

Banned
I'm pretty certain the upgrade path wasn't supposed to work with ps+ copies. Might have been a fluke that worked for some.

Try updating licenses(?) or re-installing with disc.

Last edited:

solidus12

I'm pretty certain the upgrade path wasn't supposed to work with ps+ copies. Might have been a fluke that worked for some.

Already updated the licenses, on the library I got the Death Stranding PS5 version with a lock 🔒, but I still have access to the digital deluxe bonuses.

When I put the disc, I’m prompted to pay 10 bucks to buy the PS5 version.

Kuranghi

On the Sony website chat type "agent" it might connect you to an actual human, thats standard practice for these systems, same as when it asks you to do use your voice on a customer services phoneline.

reinking

Gold Member
So back in 2021, I purchased the PS5 update for Death Stranding, the 10$ upgrade that works with the PS4 disc.

With the game being on PS+ extra, I used my subscription to play it without having to insert the PS4 disc. Now that my PS+ subscription has expired, I have lost access to the PS5 version of Death Stranding, the version that I have purchased.

Help.
Do you still have the PS4 disc? It looks to me like you purchased an upgrade path from the PS4 disc version. If you no longer have access to that PS4 disc the upgrade no longer applies. Without the disc, or PS+, you no longer have access to the versions of the game that the upgrade applied to.

Never mind. I see you have the disc. Not idea. I would call support and maybe they can resolve it for you.

Last edited:

Aenima

Help.
Try do what DonJorginho DonJorginho mentioned by restoring the licences. If you dont know how to do it, here is a quick video showing it. (if this does not fix it, just call playstation costumer support)

Aenima

Thers 2 version of Death Stranding on PS+ Extra, the standard PS4 version, and the PS5 version that is the Directors cut.

Warablo

The PS+ things are funky, were you not able to buy the game if you redeemed it on PS+ at some point?

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
The PS+ things are funky, were you not able to buy the game if you redeemed it on PS+ at some point?
Not while sitting on an active sub, atleast in the early Ps4 days. Might be able to select a purchase option now if you dig through the store page.

solidus12

-

To op. Uninstall, renew licences, reinstall. If it still happens, uninstall, rebuild database, renew licenses and then reinstall.

If that doesn't work, give them their $10 blood money.

There’s nothing to install, there was a PS5 version that I could download and play (by inserting the disc) now I can’t download that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
There’s nothing to install, there was a PS5 version that I could download and play (by inserting the disc) now I can’t download that.

I meant reinstall the whole thing, the game. Uninstall > restore licences > reinstall.

I was running into a similar issue with FFVII Remake not letting me play INTERmission, and kept asking me to buy it. But restoring the license fixed it.

Last edited:

solidus12

I restored the licenses, inserted the PS4 disc and nothing.

They still ask me to pay 10€ for the PS5 version.

When I select choose version here’s what I’m getting:
N49DueL.jpg

The PS4 version isn’t installed, that’s just the disc inside the console.
For some reasons, I can download the PS5 bonus content from the director’s cut.

Last edited:

solidus12

Uninstall the PS4 version, like the above said.
When I insert the PS4 disc, there is a prompt to copy the disc data. The PS4 version isn’t installed on my PS5.

I deleted the PS5 version, that I couldn’t launch anymore because my PS+ subscription expired.

Roni

Gold Member
The Director's Cut is a different SKU from the normal game. Seems like you bought the upgrade for the normal version and were playing the DC using PS+. When PS+ runs out, you're left with the regular version only.

solidus12

The Director's Cut is a different SKU from the normal game. Seems like you bought the upgrade for the normal version and were playing the DC using PS+. When PS+ runs out, you're left with the regular version only.
No I bought the update for the digital deluxe edition. I was playing it just fine before subscribing to PS+

With the new PS5 firmware update, I found it more convenient to play the game without having to insert the PS4 disc.

Now that my subscription has expired, I have lost the PS5 version that I have bought in 2021 and the PS+ version.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
What a fuck up on their end. And you got receipts so hopefully that gets sorted out soon but Sony tends to be asses about things like this.

aclar00

When I insert the PS4 disc, there is a prompt to copy the disc data. The PS4 version isn’t installed on my PS5.

I deleted the PS5 version, that I couldn’t launch anymore because my PS+ subscription expired.

So there is nothing on your PS5 that would indicate either version of the game is installed? I had a similar issue a while back...can't remember what game, buy I Uninstaller and reinstalled.

Maybe install the game from PS4 disc and see what happens?

Top Bottom