• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So GTA VI's world might be smaller than planned, but is that a bad thing?

acm2000

GTA UK:

cJQe2tu.gif
GTA London was great, but anywhere other than america would be infinitely more interesting.

Warablo

I am just thinking about how good RDR 2 environment and animals are then thinking about how great GTA 6 Florida will be.

gta5 felt uninhabited.
needed at least 10x the cars and people.
GTA Online did at times, but think Singleplayer it was pretty dense.

Last edited:
Don't care how small or big the world is, just make the interaction with that world more life like. Smart NPC's can make the open world more believable, immersive and enjoyable regardless of the map size.

If it starts raining, I want the NPC's to run for shelter or scramble for their umbrellas as an example. If they want to update the map, have the NPC's build or renovate areas in real time. That would be amazing.

This would be the compelte game for me but I'm looking forward to what Rockstar had cooking for all this time as they're the best at that and I'm hoping they really push it to the next level.

kevm3

No I prefer smaller, more filled in and interesting worlds. I don't care for massive worlds if it means you are traversing dull, empty locales

amigastar

I wonder how much after the next months trailer we will see new footage from the game?
It would be a sweet surprise if the trailers would say that GTA 6 comes out mid 2024, now that would be something.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The biggest thing R* needs to fix is their outdated mission designs, you can have the most detail open world but end of the day they are games and needs to be fun to actually play them not just stare at the pretty graphics.

Singleplayer [in gta5] was pretty dense.
nah, not compared to gta4 or real life.

in gta4 (x360), id spend a lot of time driving on sidewalks in the slow motion cinematic cam, just mowing down waves of civilians at different camera angles, admiring the physics/impact/vehicle deformation/npc responses.
side note: gta5's slow-mo cam is terrible in comparison.

...was going to make other points, but now im just reminiscing about driving on sidewalks in gta4.
thinking-smiling.gif

Last edited:

Muffdraul

I like potential of a not-as-big-as-expected map at launch and then expanding it with multiple DLC releases over time, as long as they're not ridiculously priced, and eventually winding up with a map that dwarfs GTAV.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
nah, not compared to gta4 or real life.

in gta4 (x360), id spend a lot of time driving on sidewalks in the slow motion cinematic cam, just mowing down waves of civilians at different camera angles, admiring the physics/impact/vehicle deformation/npc responses.
side note: gta5's slow-mo cam is terrible in comparison.

...was going to make other points, but now im just reminiscing about driving on sidewalks in gta4.
thinking-smiling.gif
My brother. I did the EXACT same thing.

There was a walkway with railing next to the water about a quarter mile long so you could get up to max speed. You could drive from one end to the other mowing down all the pedestrians, and they would respawn when you turned around and did it all over again. Did that for hours.

Uh...but I'm a good person in real life, I swear

The part that I find interesting is that Rockstar will update the map on a regular basis over time with apparently new cities. This is usually something only for Online, so I wonder how this is going to turn out. And honestly, I doubt it will all be free. But back to the map size....
To me this sounds very bad. It means the primary campaign won't interact with these future areas and any aspect of it that does will be more of an "expansion". Less in the core game, more "we will finish that bit later with patches or DLC". Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom