• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill: Ascension is an absolute trainwreck

Bartski

Gold Member

Bonus: check out replies under this tweet

Last edited:
Jim Carrey Yes GIF

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
It’s insanely bad. Go watch a couple of cutscenes. Everything looks and sounds like AI prompts. Nothing makes any sense. It’s embarrassing. Someone should stop Konami before they erase any healthy memory of this franchise.

ChatGPT, create a Silent Hill title that's , like, the opposite of "Downpour" because we want to distance ourselves from that one.

ChatGPT: "Down means down. Ascension means upward motion. Silent Hill: Ascension."

MiguelItUp

The whole fiasco is absolutely hilarious.
It truly is. The fact that anyone thought this would be a great idea, especially for the IP, is absolutely dumbfounding. I mean, SH fans have been waiting for a return to the series for several years, and this idea and attempt was the first go again at the IP? It's the absolute worst first impression, lol. Definitely tarnished the IP in the eyes of the majority.

If they would've done this idea for a new IP that wasn't SH (and with some other changes of course) it may not have gotten so much negative attention. But here we are, lol.

Bartski

Gold Member
sorry if old news I came across this today... saw some clips, looked so insanely bad I think I'm gonna watch an episode now out of curiosity

Top Bottom