• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 has entered final phase of development. Release Date Reveal will be revealed this year

Draugoth

Gold Member
GMCedrcXwAARo-2

The release date for Silent Hill 2 will be revealed in the coming months, according to Bloober Team CEO Piotr Babieno.

"We are in the final stages of work on Sillent Hill 2. We expect that a release date and platforms on which the game will appear will be revealed soon."

Via: Bloober Team IR/Conference

MiguelItUp

Crazy to think they said it was "done" awhile ago, and it's still not out. With the images of James' face that were completely redone it makes me think they definitely went back and made some changes where they could after feedback. I love the original so much I still don't know what to make of this. If it's decent, cool, but man, I really don't know.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Crazy to think they said it was "done" awhile ago, and it's still not out. With the images of James' face that were completely redone it makes me think they definitely went back and made some changes where they could after feedback. I love the original so much I still don't know what to make of this. If it's decent, cool, but man, I really don't know.

Same - I just can't muster any enthusiasm about this I'm just ready to be disappointed, there's just nothing encouraging about this whole project (and clusterfuck) since the beginning...

Maybe this has been talked about before, but that artwork is very uninspired...

Anyway, I genuinely don't get any satisfaction from saying this, and I'm not trying to be snarky.
There's no possible way this will be a win for them.

At best, this will be a really good game.
And at worst, a mediocre game (Which is worst then being a bad game).

At best, it will be their Resident Evil 3 Remake, basically...
RE3R is a really good game. Even great.
But the original is still arguably superior to it, in every way, besides dialogue, voice acting, and the controls.

It won't be as good as Silent Hill 2 OG.
But I would love to be proven wrong.
I genuinely want them to make me look stupid.

At best, it will be their Resident Evil 3 Remake, basically...
RE3R is a really good game. Even great.
But the original is still arguably superior to it, in every way, besides dialogue, voice acting, and the controls.

It won't be as good as Silent Hill 2 OG.
But I would love to be proven wrong.
I genuinely want them to make me look stupid.
I can't think of a better action and horror hybrid than Resident Evil 3 Remake. It is perfectly paced, has responsive controls, has great production quality, and great mods that make it the best entry to replay. The original Resident Evil 3 is the worst mainline installment in the franchise with terrible pacing, endless backtracking, and worthless plot. For the remake to completely fix everything wrong with it is nothing short of a miracle.
45EFA16C7EF62EDC0DADECCAA7B3ABC9C64D4890

It would also not take a lot for the Silent Hill 2 Remake to be better than the original as the combat is not even on par with Dino Crisis 2 from the previous generation and the level design tanked in the second half of the game. The original also looked like crap visually when it released.
silent-hill-2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom