• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Sony have a Playstation Seal of Quality logo?

This is a reminder when some of you bitch about woke stuff, your some really old fucks.

And when someone posts stuff like this, youre some youngsterz.

Nico_D

Tells me you didn't sleep that well. Otherwise that makes no sense. Like "fridge pants" didn't make sense in Frasier - to other people than Martin himself.

Fredrik

This is a reminder when some of you bitch about woke stuff, your some really old fucks.

And when someone posts stuff like this, youre some youngsterz.
I’m 46 but I’m feeling young today! At least for now, I’ll probably go grumpy in a few hours when my lack of sleep is kicking in…

EDMIX

Not disagreeing with you there, I was mainly just pointing out that the Nintendo seal back then was more of a necessity because consumer confidence in video games was pretty shot after the crash.

Video game industry now is extremely profitable, and healthy, it’s where it’s at now thanks to investments and innovation from the likes of Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, etc. Japan alone pretty much saved it.

Put it this way, that is why the seal was made then, but this seal we are talking about it so ensure gaming stays profitable and healthy and that small indies don't fall thru the cracks.

Not everyone will go on NeoGaf to hear us praise some indie game and not everyone who beat it will shout it from the roof tops, but if some badge can show on PSN that its favored, solid, respected in the community from those who completed it and bought it, its worth doing.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/how-...stem-work-for-playstation-and-beyond.1641485/

I'll try to make some detailed thing to see what would make sense and what the community would favor in terms of some scoring system.

Guilty_AI

yeah, i'm pretty sure this will be used a genuine seal of quality and not just another marketing tool to promote theirs and partners games.

FunkMiller

Jimbo approved version:

097qRCJ.jpg

Holammer

jumanji-adventure.gif

Seal of quality on the box in 2022?
Nintendo copied the royal warrant signs for a some visual flair and it was probably a great idea for the time. Now it's hopelessly antiquated and even they hide a tiny graphic of the once prominent feature on the back of the box. The PS Studios logo represents the brand better than some new tat would.

they can stick a quality seal on their games but that doesn't mean shit. doesn't make your products good by slapping a seal on it.

not getting at sony necessarily here. it goes for anyone. usually when you stick a seal on something then you make sure it's held to a certain standard. sony would need to start doing this with all their games.

LordCBH

Meh that’s just a logo, needs the seal of quality slogan Nintendo used to have.

Nintendos wasn’t really a seal of quality as much as it was a seal of “you paid us money to publish on SNES”. Nintendos seal of quality was actually straight up bullshit.

Fredrik

they can stick a quality seal on their games but that doesn't mean shit. doesn't make your products good by slapping a seal on it.

not getting at sony necessarily here. it goes for anyone. usually when you stick a seal on something then you make sure it's held to a certain standard. sony would need to start doing this with all their games.
While the OP might be my starving morning brain exaggerating things after a day of Ragnarök hype I do think everyone needs to up their game when it comes to quality and polish, compared to Sony. I just think Sony is at the top here, I’ve played quite a few Sony 1st party games lately and to me they’re holding a higher standard than many other devs, can’t and shouldn’t be ignored. They still stumble too sometimes but I just don’t think they go as low.

EDMIX EDMIX thread more focused on reviews is maybe where the serious talk should be though, the discussion about how we can get reviews to better highlight the true quality of the game is interesting.

Last edited:
They don't need it. The ps studios logo is enough for people to know. Also, not every studio is of the same prestige. Sony bent isn't anywhere near close to santa Monica, insomniac and naughty dog.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
They did have a 'seal of quality' on the boxes of PS1 and PS2. Today that just reads as a "if you've opened this you've voided warranty" type of seal. The concept would be cool but by listing something the sells well as exclusive is about the best they could/should do. They do have this though...

p6NYQOX.png

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
They release games at 30fps and some shooter with obligatory aim assist and no gyro, so they can't really have a seal of quality.

Last edited:

Fredrik

They release games at 30fps and some shooter with obligatory aim assist, so they can't really have a seal of quality.
Like everyone else. Do you think Starfield will be 60fps? I don’t. 30fps has been a plague for a long time in this hobby, whenever a dev go for nice visuals there is a risk they’ll go for 30fps, and gamers just eat it up as usual and start imagining that they’re almost as smooth as 60fps, even DF has recommended 30fps modes sometimes. It’s cancer. See now I’m getting grumpy, I knew the happiness wouldn’t hold the whole day sigh

But this gen Sony has been releasing 60fps games, I’m not sure any of their PS5 games is 30fps, or am I wrong here?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Like everyone else. Do you think Starfield will be 60fps? I don’t. 30fps has been a plague for a long time in this hobby, whenever a dev go for nice visuals there is a risk they’ll go for 30fps, and gamers just eat it up as usual and start imagining that they’re almost as smooth as 60fps, even DF has recommended 30fps modes sometimes. It’s cancer. See now I’m getting grumpy, I knew the happiness wouldn’t hold the whole day sigh

But this gen Sony has been releasing 60fps games, I’m not sure any of their PS5 games is 30fps, or am I wrong here?
On PC it will be. So there we should have a seal of minimum quality.

Sony didn't release a 30fps game so far, but 3rd parties already have. Plus, their 60fps games suffer with not good IQ.

Last edited:

Fredrik

On PC it will be. So there we should have a seal of minimum quality.

Sony didn't release a 30fps game so far, but 3rd parties already have. Plus, their 60fps games suffer with not good IQ.
Yeah I’m going with the PC version there, because of performance, graphics and especially mods. It’ll be awesome!

I’ve never had any issues with IQ in Sony’s 60fps modes, I remember reading about it after Horizon Forbidden West but couldn’t see anything, I just know it looked bad in the 30fps mode because of the stutter. Can’t deal with 30fps unless the game is super slow.

Top Bottom