• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I sell my Xbox Series X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David B

An Idiot
I'm wondering if I should sell my Xbox Series X. Lots of my games I really don't care about and/or already have on PS3, PS4, or PS5. The only game series I ever liked and still only like is Gears of War and I already beat all of them, which are all pretty much dead now as Bungie is no longer with Microsoft. Should I sell my Xbox Series X and just stick to my PlayStation consoles?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
As long as you get a beastly PC, I would say definitely.

I have a feeling you know bungie wasn't with Microsoft for like 10 years and they dont make gears of war? So I have no idea why you bought a series x in the first place?

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Moses85

I'm wondering if I should sell my Xbox Series X. Lots of my games I really don't care about and/or already have on PS3, PS4, or PS5. The only game series I ever liked and still only like is Gears of War and I already beat all of them, which are all pretty much dead now as Bungie is no longer with Microsoft. Should I sell my Xbox Series X and just stick to my PlayStation consoles?
Wow, Gears by Bungie

eric cartman robot GIF by South Park

L*][*N*K

Banned
The only game series I ever liked and still only like is Gears of War and I already beat all of them, which are all pretty much dead now as Bungie is no longer with Microsoft.
GoW is exclusive to Playstation now anyway, so get on the blue train.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Only you can make that decision. I'd suggest:
  • Reviewing how many games you played on Xbox Series X this year.
  • Reviewing if you could play those games on your PS5.
  • Reviewing the upcoming Xbox games to see if anything interests you enough to keep your console.
  • Reviewing the studios behind those shortlisted games to see if you like what they make or liked what they made previously.
Alternatively, you can also sell the X and buy a Steam Deck (if you want portability) or keep that money for Nintendo Switch 2 (if you want to explore a completely different gaming ecosystem).

consoul

Short answer: yeah.

Now would be a good time to sell it while there are still people who don't have an Xbox Series or PC and do want to play Starfield.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I suppose that you lives in the US? I heard that they have good exchange offers on consoles in some occasions. So maybe wait for the PS5 Pro/ Switch 2/ Next gen Xbox and give the store your Series X then for a better return? In the meantime or if you refuse to wait this post is pretty well done:
Only you can make that decision. I'd suggest:
  • Reviewing how many games you played on Xbox Series X this year.
  • Reviewing if you could play those games on your PS5.
  • Reviewing the upcoming Xbox games to see if anything interests you enough to keep your console.
  • Reviewing the studios behind those shortlisted games to see if you like what they make or liked what they made previously.
Alternatively, you can also sell the X and buy a Steam Deck (if you want portability) or keep that money for Nintendo Switch 2 (if you want to explore a completely different gaming ecosystem).
I would add think of the online games that you play and your desire to loose your progress, where do your friends play and if you will loose the opportunity to play with them if you sell your console( I had to buy Rocket league again on PS4 to play with my friend). See how much time your Gamepass subscription have left? If I may, in your place I would not sell it but gift it to a friend in need or for a young cousin. As for keeping it or not, do you play a lot on PS5 or PC now or are you just not playing a lot in the last few weeks/ months? In that case the problem is maybe not the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom