• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shameless Gaming Cheats

OrionNebula

Evil Genius 1
Didn't catch the Maid and made millions and 99 minion before the actual game started
Impressive 🙂👍

I've used plenty.

The arrow glitch in Balders gate.
Never heard of this one. Care to elaborate?

I've flown through many levels in Super Mario World with the feather power up. Fuck a 1up.
That’s a classic 😆

In Everquest during Luclin they added a new recipe where you craft cheese, and the result vendored for more than the ingredients. So for a couple days there were 50 people sitting in this building making cheese. I was one of them.
😆😆 Hilarious

I used the sloth Talisman in Nioh 1 for a couple of boss fights. It's so OP it's basically cheating.

But more seriously, the first time I played Dark Souls 1 there was this easy exploit in Darkroot Garden with the forest hunter dudes where you could just lure them, then stand in a specific spot and they'd just fall down a cliff.
They gave a ton of souls relative to how early in the game you can get there.

I actually don't know if they ever fixed it.
That’s a good one 🙂👍
Will definitely check it out

OrionNebula

OH COME ON, when you said "SHAMELESS" and "CHEATS" I thought of something else entirely

Thong.gif

Ayame_946.jpg

That one is on you 😆

Using the pause glitch in Mega Man 1 against the yellow devil, man screw that mustard colored bastard. Also stun locking Death with the holy water in Castlevania
Oh yeah! I completely forgot I also used the holy water one in Castlevania
Also, crouching on the left end of screen + fire whip means Dracula basically can’t touch you at the end battle in Simon’s Quest (I think I still remember a code to get close to the end, too (DU2L JXDX W45X TGZX, if my memory serves me well) 😆

I'm convinced every person who ever played the game did this trick. 😂
And there was that other exploit where you give Steiner the HP-recovery sword during that part where he can fight endless goons and farm XP by just mashing the X button.
Oh I don’t think I’ve ever heard of the Steiner one, though 🙂👍

The soul bug in Demon Souls on PS3 where you can double the amount you have by jumping off the top of the hub.

Still a hard game even with max stats especially back then cause I haven’t played anything like DeS.
Really? Do you know if it’s still there in the Bluepoint remake?

mitch1971

Never heard of this one. Care to elaborate?
It's been an age since I last played it, so my recall of it maybe fuzzy.

There was a character you meet earlish in the game that you could do a side mission for (I think you went into a castle for the mission) and his reward use to be 20 fire arrows - great for your early character with not much gold. However, there was a glitch where you could repeat the end mission conversation and each time you would get 20 fire arrows. You could easily stock up on a full quota of the good stuff and fill you inventory with those fire sticks.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
The soul bug in Demon Souls on PS3 where you can double the amount you have by jumping off the top of the hub.

Still a hard game even with max stats especially back then cause I haven’t played anything like DeS.
The stockpile Thomas item duplication glitch.

Top Bottom