• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II |OT| I Can Fix Her

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
78c9m4O.png

PYNMeDD.png

n1gIKkV.png
BWAJpeq.png
n1gIKkV.png

PYNMeDD.png

n1gIKkV.png
gJ1M0xE.png
n1gIKkV.png

PYNMeDD.png

n1gIKkV.png
p5qiKqa.png
n1gIKkV.png

PYNMeDD.png

n1gIKkV.png
J0eqSIr.png
n1gIKkV.png

PYNMeDD.png

n1gIKkV.png
qIR6rCI.png
n1gIKkV.png

PYNMeDD.png

oK9nl79.png
7H51WP9.png
oK9nl79.png

Wlq2w15.png

fFtUlan.png
koO43kP.png
WnK81Cj.png

zAKn4cU.png

vFB1ryT.png
koO43kP.png
bsUzNWz.png

zAKn4cU.png

9UgpCSR.png
koO43kP.png
yOqXHkg.png

zAKn4cU.png

T999TDl.png
koO43kP.png
4BlAeT5.png

PYNMeDD.png

03IR7NO.png

zAKn4cU.png

03IR7NO.png

zAKn4cU.png

03IR7NO.png

zAKn4cU.png

03IR7NO.png

zAKn4cU.png

03IR7NO.png

zAKn4cU.png

03IR7NO.png

:lollipop_trophy:OT title suggested by Draugoth Draugoth

Fredrik

Seems incredibly divisive. 10/10 and 5/10.
To anyone who’re playing, new Gamepass sub or Steam purchase?
I liked the first one enough up have it on my GOTY list. But a short game is a short game.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
cvsVW5l.png

Truly incredible stuff, their translator, presumably AI one, really needs some tweaking

The first game on PS4 is one of the few digital games I have purchased in my life. It was fun and cool! A shame one this is Xbox exclusive.

Bojji

Weird performance on PC, Ada cards perform like shit (only "ok" in 4K) in lower resolutions and game generally favors AMD:

u2Ncg0m.jpeg
exeYRph.jpeg
Otx6Tae.jpeg

WoodyStare

The game is gorgeous but the parry system feels broken compared to the first game. The encounters are more intense, but that sense of satisfaction from parrying in the first game is absent here which is disappointing, at least from the first hour I’ve played. Maybe I’ll get used to it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game is gorgeous but the parry system feels broken compared to the first game. The encounters are more intense, but that sense of satisfaction from parrying in the first game is absent here which is disappointing, at least from the first hour I’ve played. Maybe I’ll get used to it.

Broken in the sense that it's much easier to parry, or that it doesn't work?

adamsapple

Series X looks like it matches PC in higher settings while Series S has some (expected) cut-backs.

rgOn4J2.png
zmq9VSF.png
YfoUL3Z.png
06QV5LD.png

Does it have a easy combat mode setting? If not I'll wait till I finish Ghosts of Tsushima before learning a whole new button set for a sword game.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It just feels like it doesn’t work. I was going Sekiro on everyone in the first game, but here it feels like the parry is almost nonexistent.
Its not just the parry, its all attacks. I was wondering what it meant for normal actions when they said they mo capped every action in the game and now I know. It means there's like a 1 or 1.5 second huge lag on anything you do. Feels terrible. A huge change from the snappy combat in the first game.

acm2000

the hellblade series should outright refuse to work if it doesnt detect headphones plugged in, i feel for anyone just playing on tv speakers

Aion002

Does it have a easy combat mode setting? If not I'll wait till I finish Ghosts of Tsushima before learning a whole new button set for a sword game.
It's quite easy, I am on chapter 5 or 6 so far and is extremely easy.

Block with LB, dodge with A, X is light attack and Y is heavy attack.

You fight one enemy at time and all you have to do is to dodge heavy attacks and block light attacks, while attacking at every opportunity.

On chapter 3 or something you get a special bar that fills quite fast as you fight and with it you can stun the enemy and kill it effortlessly.

Everything in this game is just easy, the puzzles are brain dead and the combat is extremely basic.

However, the story seems interesting so far and the graphics are pretty.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So, just finished prologue and goddamn, it is without a doubt the best looking UE5 game to date and in the same league as TLOU2 (cutscenes and character models), TLOU1 remake and Alan Wake 2. What a gigantic jump from Senua's Sacrifice on all levels of visual quality and realism. There's also zero pop in of geometry and foliage.
I can't believe how good this game runs at 4K all maxed out and with DLSS Quality (which is a must in this game, cuz it make it look more clean and detailed) with literally zero traversal stutters, shader problems and all sorts of other shit UE games are know for over the last few years. I locked the game to 30 FPS and it's rock solid 100% of the time on my rig with 3080Ti, it can't handle native but native is also worse without DLSS and via tweaks you can make the game look even better with the Ultra Quality option. All that is left is to find a way to disable CA and lens distortion effects - I've tried to edit Engine.ini but it doesn't work. I guess we have to wait for a mod.

Visuals and performance aside, combat is so much better, so fuckin' visceral, emotional, excelently animated and choriographed that it puts to shame original game several times over. You can literally see all those mocap work and dozens of hours they've spent capturing everything. Just effin' increadile! The first few fights are no big deal but at the end of the prologue there's some very serious shit you have to deal with and I died a few times even playing on Hard, I hope there's more of this in the game and even harder. Senua is also so much more aggressive and emotional during combat and you literally feel her every strike and just how hard it is for her to do it, cuz she's tired as af after almost dying and fighting for her life, which you can also feel and hear. There's nothing even close to this in the first game, which was a lot more simple in terms of how combat worked and felt, but still, for 2017 it was great.

Can't wait to play more.

P.S. Thanks y'all:messenger_relieved: It could've looked even better if it wasn't for 75 image limit, had to delete a lot of stuff :messenger_weary:

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Just like part 1 the game is probably not for me. It looks great, but I couldn't stand it for more than 20 minutes.

adamsapple

Digital Foundry put out a system shock video today, they don't usually put out 2 game videos in the same day. Looks like we won't get the DF video on this today :(

Mortisfacio

Banned
Incredible OT!

I'll be waiting to play this until later today after work and the kids go to sleep. Need the secluded experience with headphones and indulge in all the voices.

So, just finished prologue and goddamn, it is without a doubt the best looking UE5 game to date and in the same league as TLOU2 (cutscenes and character models), TLOU1 remake and Alan Wake 2. What a gigantic jump from Senua's Sacrifice on all levels of visual quality and realism. There's also zero pop in of geometry and foliage.
I can't believe how good this game runs at 4K all maxed out and with DLSS Quality (which is a must in this game, cuz it make it look more clean and detailed) with literally zero traversal stutters, shader problems and all sorts of other shit UE games are know for over the last few years. I locked the game to 30 FPS and it's rock solid 100% of the time on my rig with 3080Ti, it can't handle native but native is also worse without DLSS and via tweaks you can make the game look even better with the Ultra Quality option. All that is left is to find a way to disable CA and lens distortion effects - I've tried to edit Engine.ini but it doesn't work. I guess we have to wait for a mod.

Visuals and performance aside, combat is so much better, so fuckin' visceral, emotional, excelently animated and choriographed that it puts to shame original game several times over. You can literally see all those mocap work and dozens of hours they've spent capturing everything. Just effin' increadile! The first few fights are no big deal but at the end of the prologue there's some very serious shit you have to deal with and I died a few times even playing on Hard, I hope there's more of this in the game and even harder. Senua is also so much more aggressive and emotional during combat and you literally feel her every strike and just how hard it is for her to do it, cuz she's tired as af after almost dying and fighting for her life, which you can also feel and hear. There's nothing even close to this in the first game, which was a lot more simple in terms of how combat worked and felt, but still, for 2017 it was great.

Can't wait to play more.

P.S. Thanks y'all:messenger_relieved: It could've looked even better if it wasn't for 75 image limit, had to delete a lot of stuff :messenger_weary:
Not yet, afaik.

• Minimized Chromatic Aberration & Film Grain with adding this text into: %localappdata%\Hellblade2\Saved\Config\WinGDK\Engine.ini

Code:
    [SystemSettings]
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
This seems to work for me, not 100% gone but it looks better for sure.

Top Bottom