• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II has a poor launch on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataploom

Gold Member
A game releasing on Game Pass with like half of its audience in a console doesn't have great Steam numbers on day 1? You must be shocked...

Senua

Gold Member
So they have played the game.
LKxiR8.gif

Mowcno

I thought after Ghost of Tsushima PC, people would have learn not to judge based on concurrent users few hours after launch. Apparently not.
Ghost of Tsushima had 48k concurrent in the hour it launched. It's all time peak is 77k less than double that so not sure what you're trying to say here. That's not a good example for expecting hellblade 2 players to get massively higher.

Also the time of day isn't as big a hit as people are making it out to be.

Ghost of Tsushima launched at 15:00 UTC on a Wednesday and got 48k players then
It is currently 14:30 UTC on a Tuesday and Hellblade 2 is at only 2.4k players.

Of course Hellblade 2 will have higher numbers in around 6 hours when the daily peak for steam games usually occurs, but it's not going to be some miraculous explosion.

Kssio_Aug

This thread was too rushed, and I think it will age like milk.

The fact it is in 4th place on Steam already and that it has that much of concurrent players right now, considering it was also released on Game Pass at the same time (that's what? 1/5th the price for a month?) I think it's pretty impressive.

And that's because the game really lacked in terms of marketing.

Mowcno

oH1ncTl.png

Dunking on GP titles not doing well for £50 RRP is silly. Come on.
Gamepass is not as big a factor on PC like it is on Console. During the FTC trial we learned the split of 25m subscribers was 21.9m on Console and 3.1m on PC. 3.1m gamepass subscribers on PC and 132m monthly steam users.

That's why games like Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon can do amazing numbers on steam and also why gamepass is not an excuse for poor steam numbers.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It's like 6 hours long. I can't justify 50€ for that. For 39,90 I might have bought it for the audio visual experience.
This is totally something you play on gamepass if you have it.
Exactly my thoughts. No way I’d pay $50 for a 5 hour long single player story-driven cinematic game.

This is the perfect type of game for Gamepass… aside from taking freaking 6-7 years to make. No freaking way 2024 Microsoft will be willing to spend that much time/money on what’s effectively a Gamepass value-add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom