• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senior VP of PSN allegedly tried to meet 15 year old for sex. Incident recorded by independent pedophile 'hunting group'

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You keep wanting to get into the details and split hairs, but that's irrelevant. The point is, don't be a sanctimonious person when you know it may come back to haunt you. That's it. Period. That's the point we're all making.

Speaking of the devil: Chris Cuomo was just fired.
You keep wanting to make a comparison and it's not working. You simply cannot blame people for things they have no control over. It's dumb.

But who's bringing up Sony or MS? I find this all hilarious after the Geoff thread. Then some people like dotnotbot dotnotbot spinning this like its ok.

Again why are you assuming skeletons in ms employees closets? Why not Sony then since one of their own just got exposed? Or every single person here while you're at it lol.

Bro, I was just pointing out that all of these companies located in places like CALIFORNIA or SEATTLE are virtue signalling and that it's hilarious how REEEE won't report on it yet are the first to blast some employee of contractor working with Insomniac because they have conservative views expressed on a twitter post.

dotnotbot

Why do you wanna die on this hill so hard?

I don't. I'm just pointing out that people are using a word they don't understand. Don't know why some people are going ape shit over this. Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent human beings. 15 yo is way too old to be prepubescent. Simple.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

He's on chat talking to a person who's identified themselves as a 15 year old.
He's on chat continuing that conversation and then sending explicit text and photos
He's also on chat sending a picture of his own self.
What more do you need?
I hadn't seen any of that stuff when I wrote it.

It definitely looks bad and that he is likely guilty.

I said to move the location and replace almost everyone... can't get any worse than it is now. They have a gaffe or some negative situation every week, no customer engagement, no excitement from the fans... etc etc

Not to mention the topic we are discussing here.....

So, yeah... I think it would be better.
Sony is having record sales and engagement. Just because you are mad doesn't mean most of the customer base is the same way. You are projecting. The company is doing fine but this is going to be a BAD look for them considering the moron was wearing a PS5 shirt as it all went down. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What a moron.

And it has nothing to do with being in CA. That is complete nonsense.

reksveks

Before we get on the whole conspiracy theory about press not wanting to touch this.

I don't expect them to report on this until there is an official police investigation or Sony decide to fire him for 'some reason'.

envyzeal

Kotaku and Bloomburg at least, we don't need to wait.
All I wanted to say is that at least I personally know for sure that the story's been seen and passed to editors on a big gaming site. They'll track it and maybe we'll get a story. If we don't we'll know that for some reason they just decided to not go through it.

mcjmetroid

I've been trying to think about the better way to decry these things, because I get it somewhat. We all want some kind of public statement somewhere saying pedophilia is wrong and won't be tolerated. Sadly it comes across as hollow these days because as you and many claim, corporations often signal virtues to win social capital for financial support/gain. Maybe when these CEOs and reps decry other corporations for fostering sexual predation and other heinous acts, they should include statements about being honest and finding ways to prevent this in their own company. It seems hard to beat the 'cried wolf too many times' scenario going on in public media atm.
I think just make a very general statement or say nothing at all. I mean does it even need to be said that sexual assault is wrong? We are living in a weird time where people demand companies speak out against social issues.

But especially don't name drop the offending company in general in your statement.

Now it feels like it's all about pointing fingers without any shred of self awareness. This could happen to any company

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
7bp4TXd.jpg

Bryank75

Banned
I hadn't seen any of that stuff when I wrote it.

It definitely looks bad and that he is likely guilty.

Sony is having record sales and engagement. Just because you are mad doesn't mean most of the customer base is the same way. You are projecting. The company is doing fine but this is going to be a BAD look for them considering the moron was wearing a PS5 shirt as it all went down. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What a moron.

And it has nothing to do with being in CA. That is complete nonsense.
Disagree. I think the current management are destroying everything, you just can't see the effect yet.
This only adds to everything.

Dr Bass

California is definitely more laden with sex offenders than a lot of places. Do you think sex offenders are evenly distributed across the world? Cali is pedo-haven.
Please provide evidence.

And yes, I do think "sick people" are basically evenly distributed across the world. I don't think geography has an influence on the inner dark desires of disturbed individuals.

*Nightwing

People on here are still, well people, and we don't only "give a fuck" about games. Because I mean trying to corrupt children for sex is bad, don't you know?
Again, the proper authority will sort because it is a serious crime.

Attaching it to a video game forum is nothing more than virtue signaling for console warring sake since he is an employee of one side.

There is no discussion to be made. It is terrible, if there is evidence he will be prosecuted, and all of that in no way makes anyone complicit in any way for playing fucking video game which is where his now 6 page thread is trying to take this via virtue signaling for console warring sake.

Dr Bass

Disagree. I think the current management are destroying everything, you just can't see the effect yet.
This only adds to everything.
Everyone knows what your opinion on Sony management is. The problem is you don't have the numbers or evidence to back it up. You may be right long term. I sold my PS5 because I don't see games in 2022 I want to play and I want to focus on other things next year that are not game related. But all you have right now is an opinion, not an argument. There is a difference.

I agree this is going to be terrible optics for them though. Sony needs to fire this guy, like, TODAY. And make a statement. The fact he was soliciting underage sex and taking photos of himself in a PS5 shirt while doing so is so unbelievably moronic, I can't even fathom it.

FStubbs

I'm no lawyer, but if this video is all they've got, I'd think there's no case. It's a guy on youtube hurling accusations at a guy walking down the street into his house.

How did they target him anyway?

Who would have thought that as society becomes more promotional of sexual deviation everywhere (enabled by corporate virtue signaling politically charged policies), that you get MORE instances of stuff like this coming out

It's a very slippery slope that NO ONE wants to admit to for fear of being labeled as anti-LTBQ or whatever.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Before we get on the whole conspiracy theory about press not wanting to touch this.

I don't expect them to report on this until there is an official police investigation or Sony decide to fire him for 'some reason'.

The problem here is that this guy wasn't actually caught with a minor so I'm not sure if there are legal grounds for prosecution based entirely on chat text. Either way, Sony doesn't have to wait on any of that. This is completely damning and they need to cut ties with him and cooperate with any investigation the police conduct.

Robochobo

I don't. I'm just pointing out that people are using a word they don't understand. Don't know why some people are going ape shit over this. Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent human beings. 15 yo is way too old to be prepubescent. Simple.
I don't care for made up terms or labels for sick shit in the world. Like I said, you use the EXACT same methodology that child predator groups use to try and influence public opinion in a more favorable light.

nush

Please provide evidence.

And yes, I do think "sick people" are basically evenly distributed across the world. I don't think geography has an influence on the inner dark desires of disturbed individuals.

rbs5u5e.png

FStubbs

Who would have thought that as society becomes more promotional of sexual deviation everywhere (enabled by corporate virtue signaling politically charged policies), that you get MORE instances of stuff like this coming out

It's a very slippery slope that NO ONE wants to admit to for fear of being labeled as anti-LTBQ or whatever.
I mean, you're making the assumption that pedophiles/etc haven't been around forever. I mean look at ancient Greece.

Dr Bass

rbs5u5e.png
TX and CA are also the two most populous states. If everything is evenly distributed they WOULD have the highest number of sex offenders. So Oregon and Montana are worse per capita. So CA is NOT a "haven" for sex offenders. Thank you for proving my point sir!

Edit: CA is near the bottom of your quoted list based on per capita. It's actually one of the better states for sex offender density.

See what assuming without examining data gets you? Banjo64 Banjo64 seriously believed what he was saying. I like you man, but this is a great lesson on being careful with opinions unless you can back them up with data.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm no lawyer, but if this video is all they've got, I'd think there's no case. It's a guy on youtube hurling accusations at a guy walking down the street into his house.

A video alone wouldn't be enough, but they do have his messages.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Again deflecting. Who's warring? You been here from page one playing defense. Obviously only reason you're here.

dotnotbot dotnotbot posting how its ok to be a pedo in other countries like that makes this ok lol.

You guys can keep fighting the good fight ✊🏽
Still waiting for you to provide evidence that I was justfying his actions. 🤡

reksveks

The problem here is that this guy wasn't actually caught with a minor so I'm not sure if there are legal grounds for prosecution based entirely on chat text. Either way, Sony doesn't have to wait on any of that. This is completely damning and they need to cut ties with him and cooperate with any investigation the police conduct.
I would be a bit careful if I was Sony but they definitely have more flexibility in terms of getting rid of him. I just don't know about the press, the threat of a defamation lawsuit if nothing happens might be a genuine concern.

I mean, you're making the assumption that pedophiles/etc haven't been around forever. I mean look at ancient Greece.

I am not making the claim that this is something new. I am just theorizing that it may be on the rise due to massive marketing efforts to legitimize certain behaviors.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

reksveks

Do you really believe that homosexuality is a modern condition or pedophilia?

Holammer

Who says they targeted him? They might be juggling additional similar cases right now.
This was the jackpot.

FStubbs

I am not making the claim that this is something new. I am just theorizing that it may be on the rise due to massive marketing efforts to legitimize certain behaviors.
My citing ancient Greece was an attempt to back up my thought that it's always been around. There's nothing new under the sun.

People used to be in their 30s and 40s and marry 12-13 year olds in some cultures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom