• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senior VP of PSN allegedly tried to meet 15 year old for sex. Incident recorded by independent pedophile 'hunting group'

Robochobo

WTF is this? Are you insinuating I support that kind of thing? If so you can piss off. Pedophiles that act on their desires should be locked up for life IMO. Seriously, get lost with that garbage.

I'm saying this video shows nothing but a dude yelling at another dude and that's it. Anyone can do something like this. Taking this as "proof" of anything is absurd.
You should read the actual tweet thread in the OP. It's pretty bad.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Jim Ryan made a statement about a counterpart from another organization, which implies that his own organization and the employees within it are immune from scandal. I know you personally don't agree with this, but in terms of public relations, that's the implication because it follows a pattern that is easily understood by the most basic on on-lookers. And when it comes to public figures, people will always wish for the worse when it comes to sanctimonious statements and empty platitudes for the simple reason that nobody is perfect. Just look at the Catholic church, or some high profile politician; it's a common trope.

Again, Activision ignored misconduct within their organization. Activision was criticized for doing nothing about their work conditions. If Activision had 20 employees who were guilty of misconduct and they acted imminently and fired them, then they wouldn't be in the same position they're in right now.

Saber

Gold Member
If this end ups being true would be a very oof moment when they basically point fingers at everybody.

The ones who points first usually are the worst types.

dotnotbot

3WM2fbq.png

I'm just saying cause people are overusing word "pedophilia" and accusing this guy of being pedo. Go read up the definition. What he did is illegal where he lives but he's not a pedophile.

• Triggered
Reactions: amc

DaGwaphics

WTF is this? Are you insinuating I support that kind of thing? If so you can piss off. Pedophiles that act on their desires should be locked up for life IMO. Seriously, get lost with that garbage.

I'm saying this video shows nothing but a dude yelling at another dude and that's it. Anyone can do something like this. Taking this as "proof" of anything is absurd.

Not at all. I just thought it was an unusual statement "that any of us could have this problem". Apparently "Jeff" was interacting with what he thought was a 15 year old on a hookup app. That's how you get the "catch a predator" thing happening to you, not exactly an issue that most of the users on hookup apps will have. Bad situations involving minors lying about their age is probably more common.

Last edited:

Concern

We already know you're going to barely post anything in those threads. You're just here to console war.

Ironically from the guy who's been here trying to justify this pedos actions. I definitely wouldn't be defending any sick fucks in those threads either like you are here.

Only people to even bring up Microsoft here are Sony guys lol. Yet ms has nothing to do with this fiasco.

Dr Bass

They can only really do this if you're arranging to meet a child on an app though, so not sure how it can happen to any of us... :l
I get your point, but ... I can think of a number of ways this could EASILY be faked. I mean use your brain for more than two seconds. Seriously. You guys can't possibly be that dense.

I agree it doesn't LOOK good, but like I said, as a reasonable person this is not proof of anything. Again, if he's guilty lock him up and all that. But you need some actual proof. This forum is bizarre sometimes.

Sex with 15 yo isn't pedophilia. It's legal in many countries.

6B4DqiM.gif

Just a reminder for those tuning in and wondering why Resetera would lock a thread about pedos...
There are Pedos on their board
IfX9YvG.jpg

Last edited:

Concern

Nah.....I just have to look at your posts where you are thoroughly enjoying this. Your console war isn't that important, dude.

Obviously something is, for you to join a discussion that doesn't include you.

Yup I am enjoying it considering Geoff just "canceled" Activision. Again, nothing to do with ms. Keep reaching tho.

bender

What time is it?
There's a huge difference between employees doing weird illegal shit on their own time than doing weird illegal shit inside of the workplace. But still hoping for this sicko to end up behind bars.

The comparisons to Activision are weird. Activision knew about workplace misconduct and covered it up. Assuming Sony is doing the same because an executive got caught up in an off brand Chris Hansen Youtube sting is a huge leap in logic. I'm also not convinced he'll end up behind bars because vigilante groups on Youtube are prone to making mistakes that makes prosecution unlikely (most recently, see EDP445). His career is another story all together.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Ironically from the guy who's been here trying to justify this pedos actions. I definitely wouldn't be defending any sick fucks in those threads either like you are here.

Only people to even bring up Microsoft here are Sony guys lol. Yet ms has nothing to do with this fiasco.
Show me where I've been trying to justify his actions.

You have a habit of making false claims and have been banned for console warring in the past.

Funny how good corporations are to these people when they virtue signal and are "woke". yet capitalism = bad to them. explain the conflict.

no greater example of this than microsoft

Most of the Western corporations are basically virtue signaling right now to show how awesome morally they are, especially those involved in media and entertainment to attract the woke crowd, because woke is the trend right now. Hollywood, Sony, Disney, big techs, Microsoft, Apple, are the fucking worst, biggest hypocrites.

Even Nintendo is somehow influenced, Nintendo America has to play by this woke rules to market their games in North America. But Thankfully Nintendo is still very much a Japanese company, they don't have to deal with this Western woke shit on a daily basis back in Japan

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
God damnit and this is why you don't throw stones. If you have 1000 people working for you chances are 1 or more of them are pedophiles or sex offenders.
It's crazy how stupid those statements were targeting Activision.
I've been trying to think about the better way to decry these things, because I get it somewhat. We all want some kind of public statement somewhere saying pedophilia is wrong and won't be tolerated. Sadly it comes across as hollow these days because as you and many claim, corporations often signal virtues to win social capital for financial support/gain. Maybe when these CEOs and reps decry other corporations for fostering sexual predation and other heinous acts, they should include statements about being honest and finding ways to prevent this in their own company. It seems hard to beat the 'cried wolf too many times' scenario going on in public media atm.

Robochobo

I'm just saying cause people are overusing word "pedophilia" and accusing this guy of being pedo. Go read up the definition. What he did is illegal where he lives but he's not a pedophile.
He's a pedophile plain and simple. I put my fucking foot down here and now because I'll be damned if anyone thinks this is acceptable or allowable. Child predator groups like NAMBLA try and normalize adults having sex with children by obscufating the details and showing "well THEY do it, it's legal THERE" and yes being under 18 is a fucking child. Quit this shit my guy.

Concern

Show me where I've been trying to justify his actions.

You have a habit of making false claims and have been banned for console warring in the past.

Again deflecting. Who's warring? You been here from page one playing defense. Obviously only reason you're here.

dotnotbot dotnotbot posting how its ok to be a pedo in other countries like that makes this ok lol.

You guys can keep fighting the good fight ✊🏽

DaGwaphics

I get your point, but ... I can think of a number of ways this could EASILY be faked. I mean use your brain for more than two seconds. Seriously. You guys can't possibly be that dense.

I agree it doesn't LOOK good, but like I said, as a reasonable person this is not proof of anything. Again, if he's guilty lock him up and all that. But you need some actual proof. This forum is bizarre sometimes.

Of course these exchanges should be validated. I'm no more a fan of random, unproven accusations being used to bury people than anyone else. Like I said before, if the kid fabricated the whole story, than he's the one in trouble for this.

reksveks

Funny how good corporations are to these people when they virtue signal and are "woke". yet capitalism = bad to them. explain the conflict.

no greater example of this than microsoft
Most liberals don't say that capitalism is a terrible economic system that has no redeeming factor. They say that unregulated or poorly regulated capitalism is a bad system and there are certain industries/markets that need to be more regulated.

Stop equating liberals with the marxists/communists.

dotnotbot

Again deflecting. Who's warring? You been here from page one playing defense. Obviously only reason you're here.

dotnotbot dotnotbot posting how its ok to be a pedo in other countries like that makes this ok lol.

You guys can keep fighting the good fight ✊🏽

As I said, go read up the definition.

Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2] Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.

P R E P U B E S C E N T

He's not a pedo by any metric.

Last edited:
They're all pandering to the woke shit. But the one caught in the mess right now is a Sony guy. When Phil, Cringeberg, or one of the xbox guys get caught meeting a 15 year old we can take it there.

But this is Sony's show.

If you think that a single employee is somehow indicative of the actions of an entire company, I don't know what to tell you.

If Sony knew about this and covered it up like Kotick, it would be a different matter.

I'm sure if you had deep insight into the Xbox team you'd find all sorts of skeletons on those closets. Those in glass houses and all that.

Starfield

hes a fucking pedo you pedo. if you wanna fiddle witha 15 year old youre a pedo. if you defend fiddling a 15 year old youre a pedo. end of story

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Not at all. I just thought it was an unusual statement "that any of us could have this problem". Apparently "Jeff" was interacting with what he thought was a 15 year old on a hookup app. That's how you get the "catch a predator" thing happening to you, not exactly an issue that most of the users on hookup apps will have. Bad situations involving minors lying about their age is probably more common.
I never EVER said "anyone of us could have this problem." That line has a completely different meaning than what I actually said. Don't put words in my mouth that have different connotations. You're being a HUGE ass by doing so.

I said someone could DO this to any of us.

There are so many ways you could produce a video like this that don't involve trying to solicit illegal activity. You even stated one yourself in what I bolded. If the person producing this video DID have contact with that guy, he could have said he was 18+ online. Then when he gets there he's obviously much older so the other person bails.

All this is, is a video of a person shouting things at another person.

Without surveillance, transcripts etc, this is just people throwing stones. There is no evidence presented. Holy cow how do you people not get that? I think some of you don't understand how often people lie about things. Without evidence, this is just ... nothing.

I mean I think it's possible there is truth to it, for a few reasons (I think he waves his hand at the person in the video, which is body language of being aware of why the person is saying what they are saying), but again, I don't know. People acting like they do are ridiculous. This thread should be locked.

Concern

If you think that a single employee is somehow indicative of the actions of an entire company, I don't know what to tell you.

If Sony knew about this and covered it up like Kotick, it would be a different matter.

I'm sure if you had deep insight into the Xbox team you'd find all sorts of skeletons on those closets. Those in glass houses and all that.

But who's bringing up Sony or MS? I find this all hilarious after the Geoff thread. Then some people like dotnotbot dotnotbot spinning this like its ok.

Again why are you assuming skeletons in ms employees closets? Why not Sony then since one of their own just got exposed? Or every single person here while you're at it lol.

Topher

Gold Member
Obviously something is, for you to join a discussion that doesn't include you.

Yup I am enjoying it considering Geoff just "canceled" Activision. Again, nothing to do with ms. Keep reaching tho.

I have my answer. This is just more console warrior ammunition. Got it.

Dr Bass

It's the outcome of many very poor decisions.... moving HQ to California was one of the biggest parts, poor leadership in the form of Jim Ryan is another.... releasing a condemnation of Activision when you have no idea about how clean your own Org is, is moronic.... several other pieces of this jigsaw too.
Are you saying California is more laden with sex offenders?

And that moving leadership to another part of the country/world would be as a result more "pure"?

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

kingfey

Banned
I have my answer. This is just more console warrior ammunition. Got it.
wtf seriously dude? Console war ammunition?
I cant take it with these claims here. 1 point, its ok to be pedo in some countries, and now, this shit is just console war ammunition. Do you guys go outside?

Excess

Again, Activision ignored misconduct within their organization.
You keep wanting to get into the details and split hairs, but that's irrelevant. The point is, don't be a sanctimonious person when you know it may come back to haunt you. That's it. Period. That's the point we're all making.

Speaking of the devil: Chris Cuomo was just fired.

Bryank75

Banned
Are you saying California is more laden with sex offenders?

And that moving leadership to another part of the country/world would be as a result more "pure"?

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I said to move the location and replace almost everyone... can't get any worse than it is now. They have a gaffe or some negative situation every week, no customer engagement, no excitement from the fans... etc etc

Not to mention the topic we are discussing here.....

So, yeah... I think it would be better.

Robochobo

Without evidence, this is just ... nothing.
He's on chat talking to a person who's identified themselves as a 15 year old.
He's on chat continuing that conversation and then sending explicit text and photos
He's also on chat sending a picture of his own self.
What more do you need?

Dr Bass

Welp, just saw the texts and it certainly doesn't look good!

Assuming it's all real (and I don't know where else they would have gotten the photos), the guy should be fired and locked up.

Gross.

It really gets me that grown adults can be that dumb.

Top Bottom