• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Game of the Year Edition Trailer | PS4

Izumar

Banned
The trailer in From Software's channel is different and also shows some type of special edition.

That is the game of the year edition. It is the same game with a little game guide. It is Japan only it seems.

None of this is made clear in the Sony trailer.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
No. It's an uneven framerate hovering between 30-60FPS, mostly toward the upper range but still highly variable. I highly, HIGHLY recommend playing Sekiro on PC at a locked 60FPS for the best experience - uneven frame rates and frame-times can cause variable latency in controls, which is infuriating in a game that requires ultra-precise timing on inputs to achieve parrys.

Playing is on PC after beating it on PS4 Pro is like playing the "real" version of the game, it's that dramatically improved.

I have to wonder if this affected my fight against the infamous lightning- throwing boss. I eventually overcame but it felt like a crapshoot when trying to parry that lightning attack.

Hostile_18

Banned
so the altered moveset bosses are finals of boss rush "routes"

more details here:

I've read this post three times and I still don't understand it. 😂

I'm on the final boss now. Hated the game at first, now I love it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This absolutely rules. Was halfway through my NG+++ until I got distracted by others games. Will definitely pick this back up to finish that and try these new modes.

This is surprising! And a welcome one! A true From Boss Rush!

SkylineRKR

Weak GOTY release, but luckily free for everyone else. We knew, as there is no DLC for this game. Boss rush mode was on my wishlist though.

Last edited:

Arachnid

This is a pointless GOTY edition. It's the exact same game as the old edition. No DLC to include means there isn't really any value to this buy.

I still hope GOAT FROMsoft makes bucket loads from this lol

Fbh

Awesome game but yeah, one of the shittier GOTY edition. It's basically just a disc with the free update already on it.

Shame this one didn't get DLC, unlike Bloodborne and DS3

Redefine07

Still did not played it the framerate is trash on consoles , hope PS5 will fix it since on Series X is almost 60fps locked.

Umbral

If boost mode is supported it will.
Boost mode doesn’t have to be supported if it’s like PS4 Pro. It just works as long as the game has dynamic resolution or variable framerate. PS5 features have to be supported to get the full power, just like PS4 Pro. At least, that’s my understanding.

Sekiro has an unlocked framerate on console and it already ran above 30 on PS4 Pro. Expect 60fps or higher on PS5.

I would like to play a new game, but this time on ps5, but I can't understand why the vibration doesn't work anymore.

I tried two dual sense but nothing then I tried it again on PS4 but nothing even there, does anyone know how to fix it?

Last edited:
Boost mode doesn’t have to be supported if it’s like PS4 Pro. It just works as long as the game has dynamic resolution or variable framerate. PS5 features have to be supported to get the full power, just like PS4 Pro. At least, that’s my understanding.

Sekiro has an unlocked framerate on console and it already ran above 30 on PS4 Pro. Expect 60fps or higher on PS5.

Pretty much what happened. I guess the other profiles are used if the game doesn't work with the higher clocks.

Tschumi

I bought this game, really excited, but found it is one of the very very few ps4 titles that have regional language.. which i think is fucking ridiculous.. so anyway although i could probably muddle through in Japanese, i would want to really hear the story, so I'm waiting for it to be on colossal discount before i buy any English language version off the store.

Very much want to play it, though.

Top Bottom