• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seiken Densetsu CoM high quality pics from Game Watch

neo2046

Seiken Densetsu Children of Mana will be released at Feb 23, 2006 at Japan
can't wait! :D

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20051201/seiken.htm

seiken02.jpg
seiken03.jpg
seiken04.jpg
seiken05.jpg

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mana/
09.jpg

Zilch

Banned
Oh my, that is beautiful. Those hand drawn backgrounds are marvelous! I just hope they don't clash too much with the sprites and tiled backgrounds.

antipode

:lol This game still looks gorgeous, but that's a new level of screenshot doctoring there. They even left the "A" button next to the text in the original resolution.

PkunkFury

Has there been any rumors that this will be online? I don't have any friends with DS to play with this with and I love 2 player SOM :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Monk said:
The art isnt but the screen is, they just quadrupled the size of it.
It's not a capture from the system, though. If you quadrupled the size, everything would be pixelated. It's based on game assets, of course, but that doesn't mean that we will be seeing that.

I would like to see the game looking that sharp, colorful, and high-res...but it won't happen because the DS screens are crap. That's all.

antipode

We're talking about this picture Monk:

seiken04.jpg

This is what it would look like on the handheld:

seiken045sl.jpg

There are details too small in the original art to work at 256x192.

Coen

09.jpg

I've been looking for a clean, high res version of this scene of Secret of Mana (the titlescreen) for ages, but all I've found is a scan of the poster with the foldinglines on it. I'd like to mod my Logitech PSP case with it. Does anybody have it or know where I can get it?

Monk

Banned
antipode said:

seiken04.jpg

seiken045sl.jpg

I see, it never occured to me to try and shrink and resize that pic. So the whole thing is art?

M

muphins

Unconfirmed Member
Coen said:
09.jpg

I've been looking for a clean, high res version of this scene of Secret of Mana (the titlescreen) for ages, but all I've found is a scan of the poster with the foldinglines on it. I'd like to mod my Logitech PSP case with it. Does anybody have it or know where I can get it?
This?

Seiken 2 was awesome. But let's look at the past decade of Mana releases:

SD3: sucks
LoM: sucks on fire
SoM: sucks

I hope you can understand why I'm cautious.

fresquito

antipode said:

seiken04.jpg

seiken045sl.jpg

Since the screen is much smaller than this image, it wouldn´t be how it looks like. I mean, once you have shrinkboth images to the size of a DS screen, you wouldn´t be able to tell any difference one from each other.

This game is really gorgeus, BTW. I hope it doesn´t suck :-/

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
nine words said:
Since the screen is much smaller than this image, it wouldn´t be how it looks like. I mean, once you have shrinkboth images to the size of a DS screen, you wouldn´t be able to tell any difference one from each other.

This game is really gorgeus, BTW. I hope it doesn´t suck :-/
Yes, but it would not exhibit the fine detail. The DS screens are small AND pixelated. The resolution is simply too low and you lose a lot of detail when viewing anything on them.

fresquito

dark10x said:
Yes, but it would not exhibit the fine detail. The DS screens are small AND pixelated. The resolution is simply too low and you lose a lot of detail when viewing anything on them.

Yeah, quite right, but the game is visually stunning anyway.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
jett said:
It's a shame the graphics aren't consistent. Low budget ftw.
They are, every battle field is tiled, consistent enough imo. At least it's not all different. Now if only the game turns out good.

Beezy

Kobun Heat said:
Seiken 2 was awesome. But let's look at the past decade of Mana releases:

SD3: sucks
LoM: sucks on fire
SoM: sucks

I hope you can understand why I'm cautious.

I actually liked SD3, but I thought it was too dark in comparison to SD2. SD2's lighthearted story was perfect for me. I probably wouldn't be playing rpg's today if it wasn't for this game.

Grug

I read in Edge that they are doing a DS remake of Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2). Are they mistaken?

jarrod

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
except for broken AI, what was so bad about SoM?
Tearing sprites, slowed pacing, no 2 player and just general sloppiness. The GB original rips it to shit. :/

Soul4ger

SantaCruZer said:
except for broken AI, what was so bad about SoM?

Are you fucking kidding me? The story was terrible, but SoM had 10 minute cutscenes to explain the stupidest shit. Save Points, with no Quick Save. The absolute worst menu system ever, and the game complicated matters by making you constantly change weapons at certain points. One of the biggest disappointments ever. Such a sloppy, poor piece of shit.

Top Bottom