• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schedule/games for tomorrow's PS5 hands on

Concern

Sony is really dropping the ball, it's almost comical at this point.

"We care about generations." Meanwhile, Astro looks like a Switch game and the rest are ports of games from last gen. Lmaooo.

See this is one of the other "blue" trolls. Should just let em all loose in the troll ot.

Matsuchezz

Sucks this is so unappealing. this Reminds me Nintendo’s direct and when cami vp of marketing was on e3 and lots of people were goofing around like fools. This is not targeted to me at all, I wonder who is excited to watch a bunch of weird Japanese you tubers.

Last edited:
We're a month away from launch. What's so bad about them doing a teardown? Either way im sure you can set stipulations for shipping them a console.

Well you can give them conditions but that doesn't mean they will follow them. As for the teardown I'm sure Sony wants to do it themselves for whatever reason.

MrS

Banned
Looks like they are doing it in a controlled environment - probably a place that Sony provided, not in their own studios....
do Sony even have tvs with hdmi 2.1 activated? Isn’t that coming later on the x900? Yikes if the TVs can’t even show off the gaming hardware properly

Since you've preordered already, I'd suggest waiting a bit and not regret later. You can always cancel it a week or a few days before launch if they've done nothing til then.

There are thousands waiting for an opportunity like that poster presents. Why deny them of it?

Last edited:

lachesis

do Sony even have tvs with hdmi 2.1 activated? Isn’t that coming later on the x900? Yikes if the TVs can’t even show off the gaming hardware properly

All of the youtubers seem to have exactly same setup - and some of them are even wearing masks - which mean they are out in public.
I heard the reason only Japanese Youtuber/influencers are doing this is because it's part of Tokyo Game Show or sort. Anyhow, I really don't think what they are going to show, would be anything technically substantial, like hdmi 2.1 or sort. Probably whole a lot of "What's this? For Real? It's so fast!" Since many of them focus on Astro - probaly the star of the stream would be actual controller and how haptic feedback works, as well a s fast loading time... and probably nothing of negative reactions would be allowed.... nor any of technical aspects.

Since you've preordered already, I'd suggest waiting a bit and not regret later. You can always cancel it a week or a few days before launch if they've done nothing til then.

That's what I'll most likely to do. TBH, the games that I want for PS5 - famous and niche JP games that are often exclusive to PS system would probably start to appear around late 2021 to 2022, and I am quite content with PS4 Pro and its last offerings that are absolutely in my alley. Persona 5S and Ys9 are couple of them that are to be out on early 2021 - and who knows what else is in the process?

Sure, PS5 can play PS4 games just fine, but I want to know how exactly and what kind of improvement it would have - say, will it run as PS4 Pro or straight PS4, or will it allow more stable fps... and what are those 100 games that are supposedly getting enhancements from PS5 etc... I can live with the size and all, but so far, I don't really have any concrete answers...

Hopefully by end of October/early November - we'll get more concrete information on both hardware front & bc matters - and I'll decide if I will keep my preorder or just cancel & wait till a game of my interest is exclusively on PS5. (It's just matter of time.)

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

TeKtheSanE

I thought that’s what YouTube countdowns signified?

... Clearly I don’t YouTube
I'm guessing its under NDA until the time it goes live, normally this is set for live streams indeed.

If it was live it'd be weird to separate all these different youtubers onto their respective channels since they don't have the system in their possession

Still waiting for Jimbo to show us the “bigger features” and stuff he mentioned earlier in the year.

After his “we believe in generations” I think it was mere PR talk.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

yurinka

Thought it was at minimum a launch window game. Surely a demo of Spiderman or Godfall would have been better. Anything over Astro. That has to be the least talked about game.

Or how about Destruction All stars? Some of us actually found the trailer interesting but we've seen nothing on it and its a launch game.
Destruction All Stars is confirmed to be a launch day game, like Godfall or Spider-Man: Miles Morales. There is a schedule mentioning games that at least some of these youtubers will play.

All of them will play Astro (seems they are doing to do something like a Japanese version of the Geoff Astro's hands-on) but some of them will also play other games. One of them will also play Godfall, a couple Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition and one of them Balan Wonderworld too.

Regarding Ratched & Clank release date, I bet they had it scheduled for mid/late 2021 but due to covid didn't mention even a '2021' release because couldn't predict if it was going to delay it too much. Something that seems to be the case of Horizon 2, when announced they didn't mention 2021 because even if it was their target they weren't sure if covid was going to delay it.

So this is going to be what Geoff Keighley did a few month ago? People playing Astro's Playroom? ... You've got to be fucking kidding me.

LOL
We know that at least some of them will also play at least Godfall, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition and Balan Wonderworld. But they all seem to have in common they will use Astro to highlight the new features, like a Japanese version of Geoff Keighley's hands on.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Still waiting for Jimbo to show us the “bigger features” and stuff he mentioned earlier in the year.

After his “we believe in generations” I think it was mere PR talk.

Nothing Sony has done so far to sell the PS5, outside of their fanbase's 'believe'.

Totally opposite of PS4 constant media engagement, when SCE were feeling cautiously confident, in part because of MS major fucked up E3.

SCE now reeks full of Jim-'i dominated Europe' ergo.

Will we even get to see PS4 games running on 4K boost mode ??

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Nothing Sony has done so far to sell the PS5, outside of their fanbase's 'believe'.

Totally opposite of PS4 constant media engagement, when SCE were feeling cautiously confident, in part because of MS major fucked up E3.

SCE now reeks full of Jim-'i dominated Europe' ergo.

Will we even get to see PS4 games running on 4K boost mode ??

So showing BC games is more important than showing launch titles for the PS5?

LOLCats

Banned
Then do it and stop whining? There are millions in line to buy your canceled one :)

Only joke is people that have no patience and rage quit when they want to show a game they dont like
if you don't like what i have to say, use the ignore button.

I also don't think you understand what rage quit means

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
if you don't like what i have to say, use the ignore button.

I also don't think you understand what rage with means

I think it’s fair enough, given how hard it is to get hold of a Ps5, for someone to ask you to just cancel your pre order and let somebody else have it. Maybe you could tell GAF what store you got it from, so someone else could scoop it up?

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Hmm I expected a bit more, to be honest. In any case, it’ll be good to see the PS5 in action. InterestEd to see if it really eliminates loading, and what folks think of the haptics in the controller.

longdi

Banned
So showing BC games is more important than showing launch titles for the PS5?

astro boy and dmc5 are next gen titles?

But no, i mean, to have more show times showing all the selling points of PS5, in action, running from the real console in journalists' hands.

DilWSTS

this may be in the wrong thread but do we know if our ps4 digital purchases will be available for us on ps5?

cormack12

Gold Member
Hmm I expected a bit more, to be honest. In any case, it’ll be good to see the PS5 in action. InterestEd to see if it really eliminates loading, and what folks think of the haptics in the controller.

I won't mind seeing Godfall and DMC. Not really interested in Playroom or Balun. I wish they would have showed us Sackboy but I'm guessing Astro uses all the new controller features so they wanna demo them. Also hoping we see the bootup or quick menu, sharing, create etc but doubt we will :/

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
astro boy and dmc5 are next gen titles?

But no, i mean, to have more show times showing all the selling points of PS5, in action, running from the real console in journalists' hands.

They showed Spider-Man and Demon Souls running on the PS5, games that will be released next month.

MS just barely showed BC running on the XsX, but people are upset that Sony hasn't showed those games running on the PS5. It hasn't even been a week.

Orky

Banned
They showed Spider-Man and Demon Souls running on the PS5, games that will be released next month.

MS just barely showed BC running on the XsX, but people are upset that Sony hasn't showed those games running on the PS5. It hasn't even been a week.

MS already showed several non-BC titles on Xbox, like the new yakuza.
Anyway, doesn’t matter. Looking forward to the PS5 videos.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Can you link to videos of next generation games confirmed on Xbox Series X please? Genuinely want to see some footage!

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Sure they have shown come, but as far as big releases? People want to see the power of the next gen console from Xbox, and they haven't shown much.

Fact is, both reveals for XsX and PS5 hasn't been that great at all.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You know what would be f'ed up?

If Sony wants to sell us on remasteres and they removed the performance mode patch from PS4's God of War. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Three

Doesn't seem like that odd of a question and I couldnt find the answer googling. all my ps3 stuff still lives in isolation
It's not an odd question but you can. The PS3 was a different architecture it was hard to emulate because the PS4 CPU was in some ways weaker than the PS3s even.

You 100% can play your PS4 games on PS5 though.

Top Bottom