• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schedule/games for tomorrow's PS5 hands on

ItsPhil

Neo Member
Godfall is the winner here, showing some solid gameplay and i think its nice that its not "overhyped OMG american youtubers" and more of just playing the game. Atleast the 2 cgi youtubers did a great job or what you call them :D

turtlepowa

Banned
Let me guess. They haven't shown any UI, and this was pretty much the same thing we saw a few months backs with Geoff Keighley demo?
Also no loading times. Either it's so great they want to show it when the XB releases or it sucks and they are still working on it.

borborygmus

If by 'fix' you mean 'satisfy a bunch of hardcore fans that are prone to anaphylactic shocks when something isn't 100% to their liking', then yeah.

I apologize for my attention to detail, or my expectation that something referred to as an "X remake" is a faithful recreation of "X."

I'm sure you're very cool with your whole not caring thing and that you apparently favor consooming product indiscriminately, but this is a gaming forum so don't be surprised that some people care about some games. Your disdain for fans is unbecoming.

Last edited:

yurinka

Reloading a level in Godfall lasts as long as a button press, timestamped:

Nice!

giphy.webp
Cool! Probably Geoff's build was running on a PC and now this build is running in a PS5, so it loads faster. Or both are on PS5 but the newer build uses Oodle texture to boost the loading time.

In any case, seems now we have Kena, Ratchet & Clank, Demon's Souls, Godfall or Astro's Playroom in the list of known games with apparently sub 2 seconds loading times club. Which is on line with the tech specs, seems all loading times of all (at least native) PS5 loading times would be under 2 seconds.

Also no loading times. Either it's so great they want to show it when the XB releases or it sucks and they are still working on it.
The only new next gen only exclusive Series X has at launch is an indie game made by a single guy, and the other games are multi or refurbished previous gen games.

If they focus on showing BC only maybe they don't have enough new games to show, and / or because the multi next gen games may not look as good or load as fast as on PS5.

Last edited:

turtlepowa

Banned
The only new next gen only exclusive Series X has at launch is an indie game made by a single guy, and the other games are multi or refurbished previous gen games.

If they focus on showing BC only maybe they don't have enough new games to show, and / or because the multi next gen games may not look as good or load as fast as on PS5.
Yeah, but this is a PS thread and we already have like 100 fud threads for Xbox not showing games.

Nickolaidas

I apologize for my attention to detail, or my expectation that something referred to as an "X remake" is a faithful recreation of "X."

I'm sure you're very cool with your whole not caring thing and that you apparently favor consooming product indiscriminately, but this is a gaming forum so don't be surprised that some people care about some games. Your disdain for fans is unbecoming.
Demon's Souls was my favorite game of the PS3 gen - I've beaten it three times.

I loved the design of the remade Flamelurker and I think it sucks they reverted it to the PS3's version, which always gave me the impression it was a result of low tech rather than what they were going for. I take it you also hate the fact that there is more foliage in the remake because it takes away from the withering desolation feel of the original art? Or maybe you hate the fact that the Storm King now appears in an ACTUAL storm because it defeats the purpose of the melancholy of the original encounter?

Gonna suck when they will revert the remake's camera angle because of some crybabies who will complain it's not 100% identical to the original.

borborygmus

Demon's Souls was my favorite game of the PS3 gen - I've beaten it three times.

I loved the design of the remade Flamelurker and I think it sucks they reverted it to the PS3's version, which always gave me the impression it was a result of low tech rather than what they were going for. I take it you also hate the fact that there is more foliage in the remake because it takes away from the withering desolation feel of the original art? Or maybe you hate the fact that the Storm King now appears in an ACTUAL storm because it defeats the purpose of the melancholy of the original encounter?

Gonna suck when they will revert the remake's camera angle because of some crybabies who will complain it's not 100% identical to the original.

It's fair enough that you have preferences, I have no problem with that. But I don't like when people who don't care (of whom there are a lot) berate people who do. I can respect that you have an actual opinion but I'd appreciate it if you respected mine, I think some of the criticism is legitimate.

Nickolaidas

It's fair enough that you have preferences, I have no problem with that. But I don't like when people who don't care (of whom there are a lot) berate people who do. I can respect that you have an actual opinion but I'd appreciate it if you respected mine, I think some of the criticism is legitimate.
I think the criticism in the game annoys me because I love every single thing Bluepoint did with this game - virtually everything is better. And now a portion of the fans is spoiling this (for me). They already made BLuepoint make the Flamelurker worse for me, and they'll probably force them to change the camera (though hopefully, Bluepoint will retain it as an option).

Anyways, yeah we're good.

Concern

I didn’t watch any Japanese videos. Actually trying to go to bed at 5:24am!

but these impressions by the you tubers aren’t even at home?

Controlled by Sony employees at some Sony office?

Yea thats exactly what it was. I thought they were shipping Ps5s but only to Japanese youtubers. So I won't exactly trust everything coming out of there at face value.

I didn't watch any of the videos but apparently someone said one of the guys was screamed at for getting too close to the console lol.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
That Godfall frame rate is obscene. $70 for THAT? It makes my launch purchase choices a lot easier just sticking with Demon’s Soul, Miles Morales and AC Valhalla.

Top Bottom