• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schedule/games for tomorrow's PS5 hands on

longdi

Banned
just as i expected, bunch of overexcited japanese screaming their heads off, and astroboy video out. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

nothing more to know about the consoles and UI and basically everything.

Sony could have just continue showing trailer reels 'captured on PS5' :lollipop_airplane:

T-Cake

just as i expected, bunch of overexcited japanese screaming their heads off, and astroboy video out. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Well the bonus being that the Japanese are extremely polite without any effing, blinding, n-words and all that unpleasant nonsense.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'm watching a virtual 3d girl tuber cover DMC. How japanese is that?

9IKnGU9.jpg

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait - is it? Is this like a meta reveal? With the cooling at the top?

2BtHmF.jpg

Now in cooling

pqjITv.jpg
Yeah in like it supposed to be inside the PS5
Which is interesting because a PSX was in the CPU Section
And there's PS3 references

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Of course it is. Handpicked youtubers in a Sony controlled environment. Couldn't even at least ship Ps5s to said youtubers.
I didn’t watch any Japanese videos. Actually trying to go to bed at 5:24am!

but these impressions by the you tubers aren’t even at home?

Controlled by Sony employees at some Sony office?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I didn’t watch any Japanese videos. Actually trying to go to bed at 5:24am!

but these impressions by the you tubers aren’t even at home?

Controlled by Sony employees at some Sony office?
No looks to be Youtube Gaming thing

CrysisFreak

Banned

nothing more to know about the consoles and UI and basically everything.

Sony could have just continue showing trailer reels 'captured on PS5' :lollipop_airplane:
It's not 'captured on PS5', it's captured on PS5. Which is much better than captured on PC representative of Xbox.

FeiRR

Banned
It's nice to see those people genuinely enjoying games as opposed to spitting out compulsory PR lines which I saw in earlier preview videos.

supernova8

Banned
Just watched one of them. What a fucking borefest. To be clear if you understand Japanese it's even more of a borefest. You're really not missing out on much if you don't.

I know most Youtubers are lame as fuck but jesus these people are the lamest of the lame. I cannot believe Hikakin is as popular as he is.

Anyway yeah basically just a short video playing a section of Astro's Playroom. Apparently the Dualsense haptic feedback and adaptive triggers are 'amazing' but it's difficult to tell if these people really think so or whether they're just paying lip service so as to not bite the hand that feeds them.

They were all playing in a controlled environment (Sony studio somewhere) so it's even more staged. Honestly they fucked it up. Microsoft just sent people an Xbox Series X and (presumably) told them "you can play this this and this and we'd like you not to discuss this and this and this until this time.

This is a Microsoft win in my books.

Last edited:
It was as expected, Japanese YouTubers playing mostly Astrobot, aka Geoff. This wasn't for us clearly and Astrobot will probably be of big interest in Japan.

Sorry if anyone was expecting UI or anything else from a couple of Japanese YouTubers on the weekend.

cormack12

Gold Member
This makes the console look ginormous, or the gamepad super tiny.
9QfOACW.png

The outer material actually looks nice here, matte and not too reflective. I can fit more ganes inside my PS5, than actually on it!!!

If anything it showed me that the more fundamental issues are still going to be defining next gen like poor physics (see him trying to move that snowball?), the advancements we need now are in engines etc.

Last edited:

yurinka

any ui vids?
Anyone seen a home/menu screen yet?
I tried to skip the different videos trying to find something of this. I didn't find OS UI, home menu or something like that.
Just Astrobot's Playroom, Godfall, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition an Balan Wonderworld gameplay in addition to some videos of the guys around the console and showing the pad.

Maybe the only new thing to highlight is that Astrobot has like a demo portion to showcase touchpad and motion controls, and seems they both are now way more precise than in PS4.

This is a Microsoft win in my books.
Yeah, until now Sony had somewhere between 2-3x times the marketshare of MS, maybe now they reduced this distance in 0.0001%.

Last edited:
like everyone else I wanted to see some other games running on PS5 but I actually thought these 3 guys did a good job.
they knew how to play and they were actually exploring the level instead of just going forward.
I just hope we get some gameplay next week for Destruction AS, Sackboy, Watch Dogs, COD and other launch titles played by journalists.
and official unboxing would be nice

Top Bottom