• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCARLET NEXUS - Xbox Series X Early Demo Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubhen925

The Xbox Series X exclusive early demo is live on the Microsoft Store in New Zealand and Australia. Other regions will unlock the demo as it hits 12 am in those regions. You can access the demo early if you have a Series X or S. Go to location and language settings. Change the location to New Zealand, and restart the console. Now go to the Store and check for scarlet nexus demo and it should be there. Demo is about an hour long. 2 characters to play, with 2 different areas. It ends with the same boss in different settings.

Game is really fun imo with the telekinetic abilities and combos with teammates. It's also fluid.

Here is Kasane section of the demo:

Here is Yuito section in the demo

Full Demo (Both Kasane & Yuito)

Lastly the full demo in 4K Mode. To be clear here. The game does not support HDR! (Raw untouched Capture. Should show loading etc)

Let me know what you guys think of the demo. It's officially jumped to my top 5 to play this year haha.

UPDATE - Post is updated with 4K gameplay as well. Now we wait for PS5 version :)

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m super hype for this, I think PlayStation getting the demo on 28th, I can’t wait myself to dive in to demo once it comes out.

Last edited:

rubhen925

One thing's for sure - that's a pretty short loading time. Maybe 1 or 2 seconds, tops?

Environment looks extra low-effort though. Look at those god awful tree models.
I've edited out the loadings for a smoother experience. The game does have a 3-4 second loading screen on xbox series x. Depends on what level you're loading.

supernova8

Banned
I've edited out the loadings for a smoother experience. The game does have a 3-4 second loading screen on xbox series x. Depends on what level you're loading.
Ah I see! Nice to know! Still, 3-4 seconds is good, still within the realms of "almost no loading screens". For me a loading screen means I can get up, go to the fridge and get a slice of cheese to eat before it loads :D

lachesis

The game looks great.
I do miss the character animations in conversation scenes, though. As archaic as it maybe, but I do think those little animations do add to the character.... especially as they are making anime, more lively interaction between the characters would have been nice. Perhaps they couldn't fit or afford motion capture for those types of scenes?
(Pre battle cut scenes, while short, are much better)

R6Rider

Gold Member
Definitely going to give the demo a go. Probably won't get at launch as I'll be getting several titles next month already.

Why are people saying shift (code vein) developers had anything to do with this? From my understanding this is made by the team that worked on tales of vesperia
To quote Jay RPG

I just assumed this was the Code Vein team having another go, but it's not that at all. The team on Scarlet Nexus for all intents and purposes is like an internal collaboration.

It's not just the Code Vein team or the God Eater team, it actually brings together developers from the Tales series, God Eater series, Code Vein and one of the teams that usually assists with external projects like Super Smash Brothers.

The senior positions reflect the collaborative team composition, the director is a Tales series veteran, the producer is Code Vein's producer and the lead artist and designer comes from a God Eater background.

Last edited:

Banned
the game gives me Chaos Legion vibes, not sure why... and of course MAJOR Astral Chain vibes due to the whole artstyle.

judging by the demo tho it's nowhere near as good as Astral Chain, the fighting system doesn't feel quite as polished as it should.

all in all, pretty fun, a bit stiff and very meh Leveldesign, but not bad.

Rickyiez

Played the demo. I enjoyed it , some potential there definitely. I’m tempted to get it at launch, probably for Series X.
How is the hits response/feedback , are they satisfying ? Code Vein was terrible in this it almost felt like hitting the air with the lack of enemies reaction to it .

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Changing to New Zealand didn't work for me.😔
Try this link and then download it to your console. Or go in my games and apps > full library and install it after you get it.

makes no sense, it should be there, I also downloaded it from new zealand. it's called Scarlet Nexus Demo Edition in the store. if you search it it should come up
I got it to work. I was looking for it under demos that's why. That's not where it's located. Game is great. My only disappointment it's the story. Just pictures. I hate that method of storytelling. Plus you have to press A after each sentence. That's pretty lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom