• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row - Official Sunshine Springs Trailer

Spyxos

Take a tour of Sunshine Springs in this latest trailer for Saints Row. Sunshine Springs is a new district available for players to cause havoc in, and it will feature activities, new stores, and more. Sunshine Springs will also be the setting for The Heist and the Hazardous expansion content. Sunshine Springs will be available in May 2023 in a free update.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

J Peterman No GIF

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I'm thinking this will be a fun game to play years later after all of the patches and content are added, at 9.99

At least that's how I felt when I bought Agents of Mayhem at that price.
I thought that when I bought Agents of Mayhem too. Didn't have a good time with it. I want real Saints Row back. They shoulda made 5aints Row.
Who even made this?
They dissolved the studio.
Volition transferred from operating under Deep Silver to operating under Gearbox, but from what I can see, they're still in operation. Maybe you remember them being dissolved because of the possibility they're being relegated to working as a support studio.

You thought wrong, cancel your thoughts.
Lol this game isn't fully complete yet so I'll wait and see how much they add. 9.99 around like 2026 will be fine. No one here will even care about the game by then anyway.

I thought that when I bought Agents of Mayhem too. Didn't have a good time with it. I want real Saints Row back. They shoulda made 5aints Row.
That's fair. I personally just feel less upset and more relaxed with an average rated game, knowing that I bought it for a cheap price. In that regard, Agents of Mayhem was a fun little romp and that was it.

Last edited:

Nydius

Still can't believe how bad this game ended up being and judging by this "trailer" definitely still looks.

Dog water.

The game was so unremarkable in every way (graphically, narratively, and gameplay) that the only things I remember from playing it was that student loan debt was their biggest motivation and the radio station you could build was a giant Weird Al ”UHF” U62 Easter egg. And I pretty much only remember the latter because I‘m an old fart who remembers ”UHF”.

1kjmeaq.jpg

Osthyvel

I bought it last week, it was 10 bucks physical here, many of my friends bought it to, and they are happy with it and says its very fun, i won't be playing this for a long time, and i also looked at the roadmap and it seems like it will be perfect to dive in after summer, a lot of free updates and QOL updates.

I think it will be worth 10 bucks actually.

Soodanim

Remember that time they made a Saints Row but made it worse in every possible way?

Remember when they announced new content for the 6 players it has?

The only possible value I see the base game having is to be New Coke, but no modern game dev intentionally releases a shit product. No idea what the rationale behind more content for a failed game could possibly be.

Rambone

I mean, there is only so much you can do to polish a turd but for what it is worth, I like the look of Sunshine Springs.

Last edited:

Kikorin

Surely is impressive how they managed to completely destroy this IP, beeing unappealing for the old audience in favour of a new, non existent audience.

I'm pretty sure that simply doing something like the second or third game with revamped graphics would have been a decent success.

Nydius

Ooo a whole three new missions?!?

At least the Pain & Gain gun finally looks like a return to some crazy over the top Saints Row stuff. But can't say the same about the rest. I still have it installed so I'll give the overhaul patch a try to see how it changes up the gameplay but still don't see a compelling reason to bother with the expansion pass. Maybe once all the DLC is out I'll consider it.

Top Bottom