• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sackboy's Big Adventure new Trailer (dev talk, new gameplay) + details. Coming at launch on PS5/PS4...........PS Blog Post Details.

Buy or buy later...?

• Total voters

Summary:
  • 3D Platformer.
  • Local co-op and online co-op.
  • Specific co-op designed levels
  • 60 frames per second.
  • Sackboy/girl have new move sets with skills, abilities and power ups. As sackboy you can roll, pick up enemies, slap enemies, throw boomerangs and much more. In co-op you can ride Sackboy as a rolling ball with another character, pick and throw him etc.
  • Levels have hand crafted visuals with puzzles, challenges and more.
  • New emote system, and lots of costumes.
  • Sumo's magnum opus
=======================================================
Digital Deluxe Edition (PS4/PS5):

dle.jpg

Special Edition (ONLY for the PS4 version):

SE.jpg

Both editions will come with The Gathering Storm comic, in which you will discover the mysterious past of Scarlet, Sackboy’s mentor and Craftworld’s last remaining Knitted Knight.

comic.jpg

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I actually think this looks pretty awesome and am cautiously optimistic.

If it were a PS5 only game I would probably have picked it up at launch. If I'm desperate to play this once it's released I'll just play it on PS4 though as I doubt there will be that much difference between the two versions.

ethomaz

Banned
My little boy will be happy and for somebody that loved the LittleBigPlanet games I can't wait to show it to him.
I hope there are some levels that doesn't need to jump (it is easier to teach how to play without platforms)... I remember a little girl playing the first level of Donkey Kong Country at 3 years old just pushing faward and hitting square (that is what I want in one level).

Last edited:

semicool

Banned
Wat?

But Sony believes in generations.....where are the next gen ps5 exclusives we were led to believe we'd have Sony? What about the games made only possible by SSD? Not to mention we believe it would be ALL of them from Sony's Jim Ryan's messages.

Last edited:

OutRun88

Reminds me heavily of the PS4 launch title Knack.

Can’t same I’m impressed with what I just watched (1080p).

Duallusion

I wish I liked the aesthetics of Sackboy games because I wouldn't mind playing a good Super Mario 3D World-like platformer on PS5. Maybe when it hits $15.

Reactions: MrS
I'm really into platformers and I always wanted to love the LBP games, but I never enjoyed playing them much. They seemed like a lot of style over substance in the end.

Not sure this is on par visually, but they at least seem more serious about gameplay.

Holammer

What a sausage party with the digital deluxe pre-order bonus costumes. Let's see if someone easily offended starts making a fuss about it.
Expecting a Gordon Freeman one for the PC version, just kidding.
... unless?

gamer82

price is a bit steep when you think they are giving you astrobot adventure free on ps5 and they look similar style games. im in my late 30s so i'll pick it up eventually but not at launch price. i'm sure ill get a few laughs out of it.

oh and how do you vote on polls lol sorry if thats a dumb question.

TexMex

I really want this to be good so bad, but have had a bad feeling about it from minute one. Not even sure I can articulate why. Hope I'm wrong. Would be some nice Souls/CoD/Spiderman counter programming.

price is a bit steep when you think they are giving you astrobot adventure free on ps5 and they look similar style games. im in my late 30s so i'll pick it up eventually but not at launch price. i'm sure ill get a few laughs out of it.

oh and how do you vote on polls lol sorry if thats a dumb question.

You need to become a full member (number of posts).

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Cautiously optimistic would really fit with my feelings toward this game. It looks fun and has the potential to be amazing but Sumo Digital does NOT have a great track record (Crackdown 2, LBP3).

hemo memo

Gold Member
“We are going to be sharing more about the game over the coming months” Wonder when this video was recorded. Please inform Sony about the release date as they probably forgot.

thelastword

Banned
Sackboy looks awesome.....Nice characters, worlds, textures, clean IQ, 60fps......Heavy focus on the campaign. Recipe for success.....This launch is really impressive and caters to a bevy of different gamers....

Caio

I loved Little Big Planet, and I have created so many levels, and enjoyed it so much. This is a must play for me, a Day One, and it looks so great on PS5. Gameplay is also improved, more options and precise controls, cannot wait to play it.

Sorry, my bad. Its just really hard to keep up with Jim Ryan.
Don’t worry, you’ve got a legit reason to be pissed, you were lied to. You’re only being told to be quiet because some people like Zoro get really sensitive when speaking about the PS5.

Top Bottom