• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bitbydeath

Kohima just tweeted this, striking similarities to the Abandoned image…

“Tomorrow is in your hands” 🤨
images

Kumomeme

it would be hillarious if blue box studio basically just another moby dick studio.

be it is real or not, all these remind me of crazy days of speculating MGSV conspiracy before.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Either way, that rumour is irrelevant due to it only being at an intent to sign stage, while Silent Hill is nearing release.

And more importantly why can you read between lines for that rumour but yet can’t see the forest for the trees on this one when it’s so blatantly obvious?
Because he’s so obviously just some shit one man studio Kojima wannabe who managed to get a dev kit.

Kind of think at this point it’s a teaser for both, Silent Hill and MGS Remake. Kojima has to be involved somehow, so perhaps he is only overseeing the MGS Remake to be developed by Bluepoint Studios and more involved in the Silent Hill Remake. I said from the beginning the premise for the app seems to be too ambitious for only 1 game. So it’s probably for both and you can also watch the Sony live events in the app. But if that would. be really real that would be huge and a blow to the Xbox community.

kretos

Banned
It’s both.

MGS = BluePoint
Silent Hill = Bokeh (formerly Sony Japan)

Kojima overlooking both.

Castlevania may also be there if the old rumour was right.

This is why Abandoned will have multiple trailers.

too good to be true but it's a win win situation, if it's true great cause i love both IP's, if it's not true the meltdowns will be glorious and i'll enjoy that

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If it's nothing and the guy still just makes up tweets like s...l and the eye patch now, the. That's not very nice.
I don't think it's silent hill or mgs remakes now because Hassan Twitter is years old. This would be too long in the making for a Tease

Last edited:

ElCasual

Im even more confused. In case that is a Metal Gear why Konami is sponsoring the interwiev? I understand that Metal Gear was the factor of Kojima leaving Konami. And why sony dont stop the Hassan's trolling.

Last edited:
Yes it’s only the preload, so we have to wait until the 10th. Unless someone can datamine it.

interesting that he said it’s releasing in Japan on the 10th, why does an indie release an app according to the Japanese time zone if he is located in Europe…
He's just so used to tweet in the morning hours of Japan, so I think he will do it just to stay on brand :messenger_beaming:
Speaking of pre-loading, don't high profile games usually pre-load just a few days before the actual release date? And we're talking 10's of GB of data. Why the hell would an app that shouldn't be more than 1-2 GB have to preload 2 weeks before anything drops on it?
Perfectly normal behavior if you ask #teamreal ofc :messenger_tears_of_joy:

So the latest blury image. Very Big Boss esque. It isn't a Metal Gear game. Big Bosses wears the eyepatch on his right eye. This is on the left. At this stage, this is more than likely a tease that the game/studio has ever been been bought or a partnership/publisher of the game.

Edit: If you open up photoshop or paint or gimp etc. If you type in "Welcome to Silent Hill" and place it on the blurry text. It matches perfectly.

Last edited:

bosnianpie

It's hard to deny that this is more than just a random indie game now. Too much weird coincidences and rumors. I would love to see MGS again.

bitbydeath

Hold on, Are you implying that Abandoned may not actually be a game but more like a mini showcase?
I could be wrong but that’s what I’m now thinking with the new MGS tease.

There was a rumour that Sony was looking to acquire three Konami IP’s so dedicating a special event towards that and the newly purchased studios would make sense why this has become such a big fuss.

Do you guys think Sony’s purchase of Konami, or its biggest IPs would counter the Microsoft Bethesda purchase?
I think Sony acquiring Konami IPs, or even licensing them, would be a much, much better deal than MS acquiring Bethesda, purely because of the massive value and inertia these IPs have.

Do you guys think Sony’s purchase of Konami, or its biggest IPs would counter the Microsoft Bethesda purchase?
Konami's IP portfolio for me dwarfs all of Bethesda in terms of quality and impact. So yeah, if we want to see it as a "counter" it would definitely do it.

However I would prefer to see it as rescuing a ton of very important gaming IPs from being used as props for pachinko machines. So it's definitely a very positive move on that end.

nekrik

Microsoft got Bethesda. sony gets konami ip. Things always even out in the end. Remember what sony said about having more exclusives than ever before this generation?
If that's true, having Castlevania, SH, MGS, etc etc. Sony could repeat almost full PS1 exclusives lineup (except franchises like Legacy of Kain which are SE owned), + plus every IP she already has. This would be huge and Playstation would wipe out everything salewise this gen, due to nostalgia alone! But i personally don't think Sony has the economic strength to do it!

If that's true, having Castlevania, SH, MGS, etc etc. Sony could repeat almost full PS1 exclusives lineup (except franchises like Legacy of Kain which are SE owned), + plus every IP she already has. This would be huge and Playstation would wipe out everything salewise this gen, due to nostalgia alone! But i personally don't think Sony has the economic strength to do it!
Fuck it, go wild, let's add Suikoden to the mix as well. Zone of Enders, Contra, Pro Evo, YuGiOh, Vandal Hearts, Sunset Riders, BeatMania (make it VR)...

Feel free to add to the list :messenger_sunglasses:

Top Bottom