• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
If this is real and the protagonist is named “Jason Longfield” I will laugh so much. But it’s not real and this is something else entirely, there is just too much weird under the surface hype with this now. Why would Sony allow an app for some trailers from a total Rando. #Teamreal for life

first silent hill and now all the subtle hints towards MGS? they are so fucking with us. im almost 100% sure that bluepoint is working on a metal gear solid remake. they even hinted it themselves last year in a tweet.

djkimothy

Would Konami actually sell off their golden goose? Unless they arranged some kind of mutual IP stewardship agreement i don’t see Konami letting go their top franchises. Maybe an exclusive license…

KiNeMz

Banned
Would Konami actually sell off their golden goose? Unless they arranged some kind of mutual IP stewardship agreement i don’t see Konami letting go their top franchises. Maybe an exclusive license…
Konami probably need to venture back into gaming. I would assume that the Pachinko and gym markets are not doing too well since covid.

Outrunner

Guys, here is what's going on. Kojima leaving Konami was all part of this marketing campaign and the new Silent Hill takes place in the Metal Gear Solid universe. Hasan is just one actor.

djkimothy

Konami probably need to venture back into gaming. I would assume that the Pachinko and gym markets are not doing too well since covid.

Well they’re starting with PES so I can see them dabbling back with their other brands. Would make sense if they arranged a deal to have Sony develop and co-publish their games. I think Sony Studios would be one of the few places to treat those games properly.

kyoji

Nho1i14.jpg
Remember that one time Kojima got on Geoffs summer game fest and talked about how he and his team wanted to rethink and do how they approached future games etc. (im paraphrasing). ijs

so are sony going to do a proper showcase this year or what? is it really just smaller state of play's for the rest of the year? why would they renew the psx trademark if they werent going to use it. psx used to happen in december though.

MastaKiiLA

Preloading a nobody's app that is just a means to preview a nobody's game. It's all a bit much to take at face value.

I like the idea of Abandoned being multiple Konami IPs. That would be incredible, but I'm not convinced it's anything more than a fantasy. I think there's a plausible reason for it to happen for both Konami and Sony. Sony can do the grunt work to develop the games, Kojima can coordinate/executive produce, and Konami can take a healthy slice of the revenue. Basically, renting out their IPs. I'm just skeptical that it could be a deal that big. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Maybe it is ABANDONED IP ? like mgs or silent hill... are both abandoned?
That said - it will be just a preload of nothing right? No trailer inside?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Preloading a nobody's app that is just a means to preview a nobody's game. It's all a bit much to take at face value.

I like the idea of Abandoned being multiple Konami IPs. That would be incredible, but I'm not convinced it's anything more than a fantasy. I think there's a plausible reason for it to happen for both Konami and Sony. Sony can do the grunt work to develop the games, Kojima can coordinate/executive produce, and Konami can take a healthy slice of the revenue. Basically, renting out their IPs. I'm just skeptical that it could be a deal that big. I hope I'm wrong.

Why the bolded though? Sony is literally doing it right now with some of Marvel's biggest characters. The Spiderman: Miles Morales game was stated to have sold 6.5 million games already within the first 6 or so months. I think the OG spiderman game sold like 12-15 million units.

Not available to pre-load yet for me, will try tomorrow though. All I could do was wishlist it and follow, nothing more.
August 12th can't come soon enough...

Hugare

Where Kojima goes, entertainment follows

The whole marketing for MGS V, PT and now this ...

Even if it turns out to be nothing, I'm already hyped for this in ways that I havent been for quite some time with gaming

This is where my head is at with it. Probably a showcase or collection of supposedly "abandoned" IPs. Kojima likes to run the long play on this, as he's shown with the Peace Walker/MG Rising reveals, and then an even longer one with Phantom Pain.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
He said all it was gonna contain at first was an "intro" LOL

Then "first trailer later in August"

This dude is a clown

And yet the one twisting this is all into balloon animals for 70 pages is *you* Mr. "PurposefulWordplay," Butthole the 3rd, esquire.

I stand amidst the deluge of disbelief and say

HONK, HONK, MOTHER FUCKERS.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
btw - He still pumps it up with his tweets as amazing looking, innovative and so on.
Any small indie dev would be scared shitless and keep quiet or play down the expectations after fake hyping the game way too much
This dude doesn't have a real studio.. it's just him.. he has a tiny handful of sales to his name from a crappy Android "game" he released (takes 15 minutes to explore, almost no real gameplay) and a crappy Steam early access "game" he released (hard to even say what this was, almost all reviews report it just crashed at launch)...

He's got nothing to lose, as he has no reputation, no indication he has a future in gaming as a dev... no talent.. just a few bucks here and there to buy some assets lol

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
And yet the one twisting this is all into balloon animals for 70 pages is *you* Mr. "PurposefulWordplay," Butthole the 3rd, esquire.

Huh? What do you even mean by this?

How am I the one twisting anything? I'm stating at face value the history of Hasan/Blue Box.. which is of a shitty/scammy dev.. and saying.. he's still a shitty scamming dev.

Others are twisting that history into it being some crazy ARG...

I'm also saying this app... is gonna be a stupid app for his dumb ass "realtime trailers".. which is exactly what he's said it's going to be.

You all are saying.. ITS A NEW APP A WAY FOR SONY TO RELEASE REALTIME TRAILERS!!!! ARG! KOJIMA! TO BE REVEALED AT A DELAYED EVENT THA WAS NEVER ANNOUNCED! THIS TWEET FROM 2019 PROVES IT!!! THIS ART ON THIS WEB SITE THATS EXISTED SINCE 2017 PROVES IT!!!!!!

:)

Twisterrrrrrr

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Huh? What do you even mean by this?

How am I the one twisting anything? I'm stating at face value the history of Hasan/Blue Box.. which is of a shitty/scammy dev.. and saying.. he's still a shitty scamming dev.

Others are twisting that history into it being some crazy ARG...

History can be learned from, Mr. P. Butthole, III. We are not doomed to repeat past mistakes. We are wonderful, ephemeral creatures made of star stuff and capable of exceeding past limitations, from the cold earth of the loudest valleys, to the ethereal serenity of the....dare I say...Silent Hills.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I wonder how many downloads this app will get. There is no way in my mind that this can be for some trailers. If this is genuine then fair play Hasan must have some serious goods for Sony to invest this much effort and time.

Top Bottom