• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nobody will answer me when they want say he is fake and/or scamming, is why NUARE put out a video in his behalf, who works with big studios and publishers on AAA projects. From Halo Infinite to TLoU2.
yeah, a lot of things dont add up, but today proves this guy is a scammer.

GrayChild

#TeamReal, we won again! We're continuing our winning streak! We'll win so much, we'll get tired of winning!

Koji-sama is proud of you!

ThoroughDemandingAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

According to their reports, Kojima, Sony AND Konami refused to comment.

Quite strange, isn't it?

Indeed it is...especially since Konami weren't shy about shooting it down in the past. They haven't been shy shooting down before...why now are they still so coy?

If this guy is a scammer then why hasn't Sony shot this down yet? If he is a scammer, wouldn't that make them look pretty bad?

I'm still on Team Real, just because the August thing is interesting given that PT dropped in August of 2014...but unless Sony comes out and clears the air that there really is nothing to any of this, I'll give it until August. Unless nothing comes of it in August or if Sony clears the air before then. Or something real incriminating involving Hasan comes to light before then.

Still, just downright hilarious all around.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Still on this train until it reaches the station, or derails. However, that deadline has been pushed to August, and I personally don't have the energy for that stretch of time. I'm gonna put my hype on pause for a month or however long it's gonna take. You need fuel to drive these movements, and we're sputtering on fumes right now. We're probably on the road to disappointment, but that's the risk you take when you get on the crazy train. Trains aren't meant for roads.

Looney Tunes Ghost GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

I am still # real.... You don't delay something 3 days then decide you need another month... if they did it would have been delayed a month the first time or not announced at all.

I think they didn't want to give up the goat this early so we will see it at the PS event

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
Nobody will answer me when they want say he is fake and/or scamming, is why NUARE put out a video in his behalf, who works with big studios and publishers on AAA projects. From Halo Infinite to TLoU2.
He’s paying them for conceptual art and ask them for a quick video to confirm due to all the conspiracy theories and pressure. They see the guy desperate with 40k followers. Why not send a video acknowledging they’re working on it. What’s so bizarre? They work for whoever pays them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He’s paying them for conceptual art and ask them for a quick video to confirm due to all the conspiracy theories and pressure. They see the guy desperate with 40k followers. Why not send a video acknowledging they’re working on it. What’s so bizarre? They work for whoever pays them.
Then it would be easy for Sony, Kojima, and Konami to come out and say something. They were never so shy to do so in the past, innit?
The mental illness runs deeper on Twitter.
This I can completely agree with, lol.

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
So...what the hell does that S L tweet mean then? Abandoned doesn't start with an S or end with an L...so why the hell would they post that?

I commented under Schrier's tweet but my biggest fucking problem with the videogame industry is the constant secrecy over thing about what is being made, and what is not being made. We have to rely on half-assed assumptions, and "WELL IT MIGHT BE GETTING MADE" - see the Dead Space thing where: OUR SOURCES HEARD IT MIGHT A NEW ENTRY, or a reboot or a remastered, same goes to how Dusk Golem danced around Resident Evil 8's development and what it actually was until getting called out for being a console warrior. Neither Konami, or Sony went out and said: Yeah this is going to be an ARG for Silent Hill, or a new horror IP. Or they could have gone out and sent a cease and desist letter out, or some kind of clarification that uh yea we have nothing to do with this guy, and actually we are cutting ties with this scammer.

Instead literally nothing happens. Geoff goes around and says: Well I dunno he Ghosted me
Schrier went and changed his opinion like the Italians in World War II going from OH YEAH THIS IS DEFINETLY KOJIMA to... Oh umm yeah seems they are in over their heads.

Like fucking what ? Even shitty Comic book news websites that use clickbait headlines are more reliable. Why is it so difficult to say: Yes Kojima is working on Silent Hill, and this guy is being used as a fun marketing tactic (it's actually really shitty now - if it is one) , or B you can say. Yeah we don't know this guy (And take down the Abandoned Article from the PS blog and refund the money he paid for marketing to Sony)

Video game journalists should not be the mouth piece of these companies, or at least if they are just, actually be better.

tommib

Gold Member
Indeed it is...especially since Konami weren't shy about shooting it down in the past. They haven't been shy shooting down before...why now are they still so coy?

If this guy is a scammer then why hasn't Sony shot this down yet? If he is a scammer, wouldn't that make them look pretty bad?

I'm still on Team Real, just because the August thing is interesting given that PT dropped in August of 2014...but unless Sony comes out and clears the air that there really is nothing to any of this, I'll give it until August. Unless nothing comes of it in August or if Sony clears the air before then. Or something real incriminating involving Hasan comes to light before then.

Still, just downright hilarious all around.
They don’t need to acknowledge anything because only on neogaf and dark corners of Twitter the conspiracy runs wild. They probably have no clue the bridges people are building between vaporware Abandoned and Silent Hill. They’re oblivious to it.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

I assume he paid them to ?

I bet he was the first "developer" who ever asked an outsourcing art dev to talk about their "game" for them lol.

Hasan is the kind of lying dickhead where he gets honest people to make himself look less sketchy. He was like "we have over 50 devs" but then had to admit BBGS has 1 employee, him, and "his friends" and rest are outsourced. Before showing himself and doing Q&A he was like "we need to ask our partners" lol which is also a lie. He was just trying to delay.

His hope was to grift, lie, and then somehow become a real dev? Idk, he failed. There is never gonna be an app or a game. His trailer was a $35 asset flip lol that someone else made. The entire thing, like the Abandoned = S____L thing ... there never was an answer. Just all a lie to get clicks.

To Hasan, I say:

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

Yeah, that's one of many red flags for me as well...if this guy really is just a scammer in over his head, why would a studio like NUARE who actually has worked on some quality IP come out and support him?

That's one of MANY red flags for me.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I assume he paid them to ?

I bet he was the first "developer" who ever asked an outsourcing art dev to talk about their "game" for them lol.

Hasan is the kind of lying dickhead where he gets honest people to make himself look less sketchy. He was like "we have over 50 devs" but then had to admit BBGS has 1 employee, him, and "his friends" and rest are outsourced. Before showing himself and doing Q&A he was like "we need to ask our partners" lol which is also a lie. He was just trying to delay.

His hope was to grift, lie, and then somehow become a real dev? Idk, he failed. There is never gonna be an app or a game. His trailer was a $35 asset flip lol that someone else made. The entire thing, like the Abandoned = S____L thing ... there never was an answer. Just all a lie to get clicks.

To Hasan, I say:

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF
IDK, Cory Barlog just joined in on the fun. If Hasan was actually scamming, I am sure they would know and not poke the hornets nest.

THE SHOW GOES ON!

Hunnybun

I don't really understand why this guy announcing a delay means this is fake?

If him revealing himself to be a real dude a few days ago didn't prove that, then that means people presumably thought the conspiracy included getting some guy to lie about that on camera AND getting Nuare to confirm something untrue on camera, so why would having him announce a fake delay to a fake game's reveal necessarily be a step too far?? If you believe the first two conditions then this delay looks comparatively plausible!

In short, I don't see what light this really sheds on the matter, other than it not proving the conspiracy true.

Markio128

Gold Member
No way would he wait until the timer had finished before announcing this delay haha. This is shifty as hell. #keepthedreamalive

MastaKiiLA

Mod of War Mod of War please close this thread and end our suffering

I agree. This should be closed until a proper reveal of whatever crap Abandoned is going to be.
Or stop reading and posting in said thread, ya weirdos.

This thread will drop on its own, due to lack of information. Why close a legendary thread? This has been pretty fucking epic. A lot of people have contributed willingly to this insanity. No one asked you to read, and no one is forcing you to continue to do so. No need for the mods to hold your hands and walk you through the forum.

They don’t need to acknowledge anything because only on neogaf and dark corners of Twitter the conspiracy runs wild. They probably have no clue the bridges people are building between vaporware Abandoned and Silent Hill. They’re oblivious to it.

Still, if it is a scammer, why is Sony being so coy about it? If he is a scammer then surely that's not a good look for Sony?

It's why I can't entirely buy the scammer route.

I can buy "Indie dev in over his head" more so than the Scammer route, but even then the NUARE thing still leaves me with some small doubt.

There are so many red flags and coincidences that it's hard not to think "is this really just the long con from Sony in general?"

I don't know...all I know is I realistically expected to not get anything substantial today. I was expecting to get Rick Rolled and I kind of did, just in the form of a Tweet :D

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't really understand why this guy announcing a delay means this is fake?

If him revealing himself to be a real dude a few days ago didn't prove that, then that means people presumably thought the conspiracy included getting some guy to lie about that on camera AND getting Nuare to confirm something untrue on camera, so why would having him announce a fake delay to a fake game's reveal necessarily be a step too far?? If you believe the first two conditions then this delay looks comparatively plausible!

In short, I don't see what light this really sheds on the matter, other than it not proving the conspiracy true.
Team Real I mean, Team Posers want that victory so damned bad, they will prematurely blow their load.

Some great posts to harvest come August.

🤭

Come on this has been a fun ride for everyone.

If this indeed becomes nothing and Hasan does not have anything to show later that wows, then his career and credibility as game developer is done. Anyway, this was really fun.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I commented under Schrier's tweet but my biggest fucking problem with the videogame industry is the constant secrecy over thing about what is being made, and what is not being made. We have to rely on half-assed assumptions, and "WELL IT MIGHT BE GETTING MADE" - see the Dead Space thing where: OUR SOURCES HEARD IT MIGHT A NEW ENTRY, or a reboot or a remastered, same goes to how Dusk Golem danced around Resident Evil 8's development and what it actually was until getting called out for being a console warrior. Neither Konami, or Sony went out and said: Yeah this is going to be an ARG for Silent Hill, or a new horror IP. Or they could have gone out and sent a cease and desist letter out, or some kind of clarification that uh yea we have nothing to do with this guy, and actually we are cutting ties with this scammer.

Instead literally nothing happens. Geoff goes around and says: Well I dunno he Ghosted me
Schrier went and changed his opinion like the Italians in World War II going from OH YEAH THIS IS DEFINETLY KOJIMA to... Oh umm yeah seems they are in over their heads.

Like fucking what ? Even shitty Comic book news websites that use clickbait headlines are more reliable. Why is it so difficult to say: Yes Kojima is working on Silent Hill, and this guy is being used as a fun marketing tactic (it's actually really shitty now - if it is one) , or B you can say. Yeah we don't know this guy (And take down the Abandoned Article from the PS blog and refund the money he paid for marketing to Sony)

Video game journalists should not be the mouth piece of these companies, or at least if they are just, actually be better.
This. 100%. Movies are announced literally the moment a director or big name actor gets attached. Some fail to get made. No one cares. I will never understand why delaying announcements is such a big thing in this industry. Everyone here tells me that I am too excited for press conferences, and that Sony doesnt need their own E3 conference, and yet whose fucking fault is that? That's literally the only place where games are announced. Companies cultivate this mass anticipation for marketing purposes and sometimes it turns into mass hysteria like it did with Silent Hills.

Apparently, Sony, Konami and Kojima all refused to comment. Well, Jason Crunch Schrier, go and do your fucking job. Get some answers. Use your resources for more than just exposing industry practices that have been the norm for 40+ years. I like Geoff but hes being a dishonest cunt too.

At some point, it stops being fun and games and turns into consumers being mislead and thats when journalists need to earn their cred and stand up to these billion dollar companies.

cucuchu

Only thing I don't get is why would Naure put that video up to promote their relationship with Bluebox if this is all one big scam or just a dude with a shit indie project in way over his head. No way some shit developer could afford Naure studios to help them with their project and I really don't get why they would go through the effort making a video promoting their relationship.

Top Bottom