• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

niilokin

russian scumfuckery has no limits... just bombed a crowded shopping mall...

edit: deleted twitter link as a doublepost

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Gp1

Looks like Prime Day came early for Ukraine. The NASAMS is probably the medium range system. It has shorter legs compared to the S-300 or something in the league of Patriot but is way more modern than the "medium range/buk" that Ukraine operates...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...e-by-national-security-advisor-jake-sullivan/
"we do intend to finalize a package that includes advanced medium- and long-range air defense capabilities for the Ukrainians."

but let's see if there is a Patriot or some second hand S-300 in the package too.

Atrus

Gold Member
Russian independent media, verstka, looks into the kidnapping of Ukrainian children:

Going to have to Google translate but it’s a long article that shows how Russia is having trustees apply for citizenship on behalf of the children and then have the new “Russian” citizens be adopted by Russian families. They’ll no doubt claim that there were no Ukrainians adopted in the future, only Russian children.

It confirms the war crime taking place even from Russian sources.

Tams

I think this strike on the shopping centre in Kremenchuck is a bellweather. And anyone who tried to excuse or justify it is a Russian shill or troll.

Until now, many of the attacks had some form of justification, no matter how flimsy or stupid said justification is. But this one... no there's just simply no way that Russian intelligence information thought that shopping centre was a military store house or the like. They targetted it, plain and simple.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I think this strike on the shopping centre in Kremenchuck is a bellweather. And anyone who tried to excuse or justify it is a Russian shill or troll.

Until now, many of the attacks had some form of justification, no matter how flimsy or stupid said justification is. But this one... no there's just simply no way that Russian intelligence information thought that shopping centre was a military store house or the like. They targetted it, plain and simple.

Eh? The cunts have been deliberately targeting all sorts of civilian buildings from hospitals, to a church filled with children to a packed train station with refugees fleeing.. every single one of them the Russians knew exactly what they're where doing.

Before this war I had no real opinions on Russia other than the usual but now, I see the entire country as nothing but a cesspool filled with the most barbaric moronic cunts imaginable and the most brainwashed, they are the worst humanity has to offer in our lifetime, them and the fucking Chinese tbf, I can't wrap my head around how utterly evil they are

Last edited:

Tams

Eh? The cunts have been deliberately targeting all sorts of civilian buildings from hospitals, to a church filled with children to a packed train station with refugees fleeing.. every single one of them the Russians knew exactly what they're where doing.

Before this war I had no real opinions on Russia other than the usual but now, I see the entire country as nothing but a cesspool filled with the most barbaric moronic cunts imaginable and the most brainwashed, they are the worst humanity has to offer in our lifetime, them and the fucking Chinese tbf, I can't wrap my head around how utterly evil they are
But the impact in the media of those was either much less, or if it wasn't there were plausible if insane excuses for them.

A shopping centre, nowhere near any fighting, full of shoppers... there are just no excuses for that.

winjer

Gold Member

“Together, the G7 will announce that we will ban the import of Russian gold, a major export that rakes in tens of billions of dollars for Russia,” President Joe Biden said as the leaders of the world’s wealthiest nations gathered in the Bavarian Alps.

Gold exports are a major source of revenue for Russia in terms of their ability to transact with the global financial system.

Last year, they were worth 12.6 billion pounds ($15.45bn) and wealthy Russians have been buying bullion to reduce the financial effect of Western sanctions.

The clampdown is likely to be the most meaningful economic measure against Moscow announced at the G7’s three-day meeting.

Sanctions against Moscow are starting to eat deep into Russia’s economy and President Vladimir Putin’s long-term ability to continue the invasion of Ukraine, which is now in its fifth month.

The London bullion market had already suspended six Russian refineries in action announced on March 7.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said in a statement that the gold ban “will directly hit Russian oligarchs and strike at the heart of Putin’s war machine”.

“We need to starve the Putin regime of its funding. The UK and our allies are doing just that,” he said.

Western nations imposed widespread sanctions on Moscow targeting its finances, including freezing its central bank assets to block access to foreign currency reserves.

European Union leaders agreed earlier this month to cut 90 percent of oil imports from Russia by the end of this year, cutting off a vital source of funding for Moscow.

The G7 summit provides an opportunity for German Chancellor Olaf Scholz to demonstrate more assertive leadership in the wake of the Ukraine crisis.

Scholz promised a revolution in German foreign and defence policy after Russia’s invasion in February, pledging to bolster the military and send weapons to Ukraine. But critics have since accused him of dragging his feet and sending mixed messages.

“The summit must send not only the message that NATO and the G7 are more united than ever, but also that the democracies of the world stand together against Putin’s imperialism, just as they do in the fight against hunger and poverty,” Scholz told German parliament this week.

Biden told Scholz on Sunday that the West must stay united against Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

“We have to stay together,” Biden told Scholz at a meeting ahead of the G7 summit. Russian President Vladimir Putin had been hoping “that somehow NATO and the G7 would splinter,” Biden said. “But we haven’t and we’re not going to.”

This means nothing. The fact that they left this for months for war crimes and constant civilian bombings to keep happening, NATO, UN and whoever else are a bunch of scared bitches. There has been 100 days when they could of stepped in once things got out of hand but instead all they did was..."put on high alert"...who is that supposed to scare, Putin? Comon this is pathetic how all these big nations are just allowing this to happen and trust me...its gonna be anotehr 2 months that NATO will be in "high alert" They wont do shit.

winjer

Gold Member
This means nothing. The fact that they left this for months for war crimes and constant civilian bombings to keep happening, NATO, UN and whoever else are a bunch of scared bitches. There has been 100 days when they could of stepped in once things got out of hand but instead all they did was..."put on high alert"...who is that supposed to scare, Putin? Comon this is pathetic how all these big nations are just allowing this to happen and trust me...its gonna be anotehr 2 months that NATO will be in "high alert" They wont do shit.

You do realize that Russia has a ton of nukes and a madman rulling over it.
The wrong move and we get a nuclear war.
As much as I would love to see NATO beat the shit out of Putin and Russia, we can't forget the kind of risk we can take.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Your understanding of the current geopolitical situation needs a fair amount of work.

nemiroff

Gold Member
This has nothing to do with saving Ukraine. This is just the new (and for years to come) heightened NATO readiness and response level due to Russia tensions.

Last edited:
You do realize that Russia has a ton of nukes and a madman rulling over it.
The wrong move and we get a nuclear war.
As much as I would love to see NATO beat the shit out of Putin and Russia, we can't forget the kind of risk we can take.
OK but these announcements, we are adding more ppl on our massive standby ....like they are sending a message and people are reacting to it as "fuck yeah!!!" Its a joke anouncing you are adding more soldiers to your standby patrol...they just want to say something to make it look like they are doing something. Theres nothing "fuck yeah" in that tweet, its just sad. Its one thing if this just started but this has been going on for 5+ months. How much longer are they going to play tactical games without actually doing anything. Yes Russia is a massive superpower....but after school and mall bombings....other countries got bombed by NATO in no time to assume their dominance. NATO isnt one country...its THIRTY countries. So that just tells you the reality that they arent afraid of Abombs, they are probably afraid of losing those connections to natural gas that Russia has plenty of and just proof that NATO wont do shit unless it benefits them.

Basically they are pretending to care, lets put it that way.

This has nothing to do with saving Ukraine. This is just the new (and for years to come) heightened NATO readiness and response level due to Russia tensions.

Russia tensions BECAUSE of Ukraine. Either way...their readiness is like anouncing teaser for a teaser for video games. Thats how unimportant that tweet is in the grand scheme of things.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Russia tensions BECAUSE of Ukraine. Either way...their readiness is like anouncing teaser for a teaser for video games. Thats how unimportant that tweet is in the grand scheme of things.
That's not in the context of what you nor me wrote.. Again: This has more to do with adjusting important logistics within NATO according to tension levels rather than an direct effort to save Ukraine or deter Russia. No offense to you though, I'm also impatient, Ukraine is my second home, got a lot of family and friends there, and I think the world should do more, and faster.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
OK but these announcements, we are adding more ppl on our massive standby ....like they are sending a message and people are reacting to it as "fuck yeah!!!" Its a joke anouncing you are adding more soldiers to your standby patrol...they just want to say something to make it look like they are doing something. Theres nothing "fuck yeah" in that tweet, its just sad. Its one thing if this just started but this has been going on for 5+ months. How much longer are they going to play tactical games without actually doing anything. Yes Russia is a massive superpower....but after school and mall bombings....other countries got bombed by NATO in no time to assume their dominance. NATO isnt one country...its THIRTY countries. So that just tells you the reality that they arent afraid of Abombs, they are probably afraid of losing those connections to natural gas that Russia has plenty of and just proof that NATO wont do shit unless it benefits them.

NATO can't directly attack Russsia, because of the risk of escalation to nuclear war.
But it can show Russia that it is ready to fight, to protect it's members. This is a huge step to curb more Russian intentions to attack more countries.

Only a fool would not prepare for war after this historic invasion. Amassing troops at your border, increasing defense spending, and increasing the NATO response force is a common sense move. This isn't an "empty gesture" this is being ready for all-out war.

akimbo009

Gold Member

Reminder: NATO is a defense pact. It won't, and cannot, attack Russia. That's not how it works, and Ukraine isn't NATO.

This readiness is more along the lines of sorting out Lithuania and Poland which have been increasingly threatened by Russia along with Estonia; really it's the Kalingrad situation.

And they do care, so I dunno what you mean or imply. I assure you, if any inch of NATO is attacked Russia will be in for a world of hurt - this readiness commits to that in a way NATO hadn't yet.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Reminder: NATO is a defense pact. It won't, and cannot, attack Russia. That's not how it works, and Ukraine isn't NATO.

Yep. These changes are purely there to scare Putin out of any ideas he has about stepping into any NATO territory. And it’ll work because the little bitch is, of course, scared down To his little fascist panties about what it could do to him.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Interesting to see the spin in the last couple of weeks from ‘Ukraine is winning’ to ‘Ukraine losing is just a matter of time’. Anything to get clicks.

Gp1

Interesting to see the spin in the last couple of weeks from ‘Ukraine is winning’ to ‘Ukraine losing is just a matter of time’. Anything to get clicks.

Russia just imported 120 wagons of "fresh" ammo from Belarus. That damage at that Mall was done by a 1960's missile design (KH-22) probably targeting factories nearby. They lost 800 "visually confirmed" tanks and more than 2k APC/IFV/SPG. as of today. Imho no one can maintain that kind of attrition for long without mobilizing for war.

Russia is definitely moving forward and has the initiative almost everywhere, but is costing then a lot to achieve this. Let's see until when their manpower and stocks can hold. I wouldn't be surprised if Russia begin to procure ammo, using gas and oil money, in the international marketing just like Ukraine and Nato is doing.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Get fucked Putz

Yep, confirmed by Swedish PM as well now, and also Stoltenberg. I feel good about this being a Swede. I wish NATO wasn't necessary at all, but being on our own as two small countries on the border to Russia just isn't the right choice right now. Better to be in the company of western democracies, including our Nordic neighbors (as well as a few slightly less democratic countries, but yeah).

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

These people were so lucky. Imagine the terror these normal folks are feeling. Nowhere is safe in Ukraine until all Russian troops are pushed out. I still can’t really believe this is happening every day and I have no idea how it will end.

Edit: not sure why I can’t see bbc links here. Sorry.

Last edited:

Tams

I know this is a gaming forum, but this isn't C&C. NATO members can't just pull out trained soldiers and good equipment out of their arses.

Last edited:
Russians claim they did not hit the mall, instead claim to have struck an industrial warehouse "containing foreign weapons and munitions" located very close to the mall.

The mall apparently caught fire due to burning shrapnel / debris flying in the direction of the mall, which is about a 1000 feet from the warehouses.

(Not my map)
ktu33n4.jpeg

Gp1

Russians claim they did not hit the mall, instead claim to have struck an industrial warehouse "containing foreign weapons and munitions" located very close to the mall.

The mall apparently caught fire due to burning shrapnel / debris flying in the direction of the mall, which is about a 1000 feet from the warehouses.

(Not my map)
ktu33n4.jpeg

There is a video showing the explosion from that park up north. Including some debris hitting that gazebo/island and 2 guys running at closest point of the track to the warehouse. Both were alive.

Unless there were some massive secondary explosions, i don't believe this "flaming debris" explanation.
They probably aimed at the factory and hit the mall.

Last edited:

This readiness is more along the lines of sorting out Lithuania and Poland which have been increasingly threatened by Russia along with Estonia; really it's the Kalingrad situation.

And they do care, so I dunno what you mean or imply. I assure you, if any inch of NATO is attacked Russia will be in for a world of hurt - this readiness commits to that in a way NATO hadn't yet.
Spoken like an amazing Russian good job

Perhaps if you stopped trying to roll out grandpa's tanks and bullshit rhetoric this would not be your Vietnam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom