• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rurouni Kenshin is back baby! New live action movies "The Final" & "The Beginning" with the original cast coming to Netflix starting June 18

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
The Beginning was great, as it essentially and surprisingly followed all the story beats from Trust and Betrayal and Reflection OVAs. I was disappointed that they didn’t use and adapt the OVAs excellent score 😞

I want it in high end cg, not life action nor cheap cg, like ffbe cg something like the following
Final Fantasy GIF

Final Fantasy Valentine GIF

Shai-Tan

Banned
The Beginning was great, as it essentially and surprisingly followed all the story beats from Trust and Betrayal and Reflection OVAs. I was disappointed that they didn’t use and adapt the OVAs excellent score 😞

Oh, I assumed it was bad because it's on Netflix. Will try watching now, this Sunday morning

Corrik

Um, I watched the Beginning the other day, and it was insane. Absolutely awesome despite somewhat of a disjointed story at times.

I went to watch the next one and realized it was the Finale. Googled it and realized there were 3 others before it. So, I was like wtf when I realized they aren't on Netflix, but these films are awesome as hell. Only watched 2 so far, but if the rest are this good my god.

Hardensoul

Gold Member
Um, I watched the Beginning the other day, and it was insane. Absolutely awesome despite somewhat of a disjointed story at times.

I went to watch the next one and realized it was the Finale. Googled it and realized there were 3 others before it. So, I was like wtf when I realized they aren't on Netflix, but these films are awesome as hell. Only watched 2 so far, but if the rest are this good my god.
Yes, all the other movies have high production value. The action and fight choreography were some of the best I’ve seen.

Not going to debate accuracy to manga/anime. But as live action adaptions I give big props to these films, they are very good imo. I’ve seen to many bad low production adaptations.

I’ve recommended these films to many of my non Manga/Anime friends.

Corrik

I watched them all. The Beginning and Final in English dubs, the other 3 with subs.

2 was the worst. By far. Mostly because they felt to involve everyone and there was one character specifically that I felt made it kinda ridiculous to include in fighting.

The beginning was probably the best one. Though I did like 1 and Final immensely also. 3 is decent.

Top Bottom