• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

Me and these two hookers!

I had a blast, I was a nervous mess but Ben was amazing, Katya was surprisingly more quiet, I guess she gets the whole anxiety thing . The venue had problems, is not usually for shows and it has a very different kind of audience, so there were clashes sadly, but they were booked for another place that had the roof falling or something (it's Rio, everything here falls down) so they had to change. Katya's show was amazing, Ben was freaking amazing, I had forgotten how amazing she is. Also Katya was crowned the grab me by the pussy crown which is the only one that matters :p.

Katya came to defend Alaska and even when she literally told people to stop attacking her people continued booing and chanting "cotada" (basically that she was "rigged" to win), you could tell Katya was already feeling uncomfortable. And well, it's Brazil, booing is the national past time as you saw in the Olympics, it was still bad.

But, again, it`s Brazil, people here are very emotional, that same hate they have for Alaska will turn into endless devotion the minute she announces she is #comingtobrazil.

season 3 is so good tho...

it so freaking is. It's the season where the mean girl/Heather won, and you still rooted for her. Take notes, All Stars season 2 :p

fauxtrot

Banned
I loved Raja in season 3 and in the immediate few years afterward, but lately it seems like she's not really into doing creative drag via what I see on IG and the post-episode talk segments on Logo's site. Anyone know why that may be?

I loved Raja in season 3 and in the immediate few years afterward, but lately it seems like she's not really into doing creative drag via what I see on IG and the post-episode talk segments on Logo's site. Anyone know why that may be?
Probably just drifting around. Raja has had a really interesting life. He had to present as female at all times when he was in a super controlling relationship for a while before the show, he's done celebrity makeup for people like Adam Lambert, and I think he does makeup and designs garments more because he likes it as an art rather than doing drag to be a performer.

Me and these two hookers!

I had a blast, I was a nervous mess but Ben was amazing, Katya was surprisingly more quiet, I guess she gets the whole anxiety thing . The venue had problems, is not usually for shows and it has a very different kind of audience, so there were clashes sadly, but they were booked for another place that had the roof falling or something (it's Rio, everything here falls down) so they had to change. Katya's show was amazing, Ben was freaking amazing, I had forgotten how amazing she is. Also Katya was crowned the grab me by the pussy crown which is the only one that matters :p.

Katya came to defend Alaska and even when she literally told people to stop attacking her people continued booing and chanting "cotada" (basically that she was "rigged" to win), you could tell Katya was already feeling uncomfortable. And well, it's Brazil, booing is the national past time as you saw in the Olympics, it was still bad.

But, again, it`s Brazil, people here are very emotional, that same hate they have for Alaska will turn into endless devotion the minute she announces she is #comingtobrazil.

it so freaking is. It's the season where the mean girl/Heather won, and you still rooted for her. Take notes, All Stars season 2 :p

Aww what a sweet photo, I'm so jealous!! <3

Scribble

Season 4 marks the beginning of the 'Disneyfication' of Drag Race. For better and worse.

But Season 3 just gets down and dirty. Drag should make you clutch your pearls. Season 3 is the best at doing that.

10. (TIE) Bebe Zahara Benet & Tyra Sanchez (0 votes)

tumblr_n5uspggHIU1s1i7p3o6_250.jpg
01e87a7dd2a04f14ebdbc2342a07a932.jpg

8. Chad Michaels (1 vote)

f2d90b8e6fd3a73ddd6d17291e74a21e.jpg

7. Violet Chachki (3 votes)

5485eb810df155012ec0ec1996846de7.jpg

6. Alaska Thunderfuck (4 votes)

99e6d8bc2d427a87f32a47db96d8215e.jpg

5. Sharon Needles (10 votes)

73aafd8b6597b83d4534fad057dbb16a.jpg

4. Jinkx Monsoon (12 votes)

jinkx-236x300.png

3. Raja (13 votes)

3659f35670c52ad96f7331c3d30f1a85.jpg

2. Bob The Drag Queen (15 votes)

bob_the_drag_queen_3.jpg

1. Bianca Del Rio (31 votes)

bianca-cr.jpg

Rayis

Not enough votes for Violet, I'm sad, Violet is my absolute favorite winner from the most unwarrarantedly hated season.

Looking at that roster there, I went to Raja immediately - so I'll (non-)vote for her. How is Bob so high? No shade, I just feel like he would drop in that chart the more distance we get from season 8.

BeBe is gorgeous there though, if there was ever a Winners season (like All Stars for the winning queens) I would love to see her get more exposure a la Tati.

mantidor

Poor Bebe, she is stunning
but Nina Flowers should have won
. Also I'm starting to get tired of Bob :/

Bianca is the queen of queens as it should be, even though my favorite will always be Raja.

I always thought Bob was very meh. Like a mediocre Bianca. I appreciate his political activism but I just find his drag to be so so.

I don't know who I would've picked out of that season tho, the lineup was pretty dire tbh.

Bob - comedy and nothing else
Kim Chi - makeup and concept looks but can't even walk
Naomi - looks and that's about it

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Bianca got my vote
then sharon because I had to pick one and she was the first queen when I started watching

Why did Alasssska chart so low? Had this been made for overall contestants before AS2, she would've been #1.

Dat leftover salt from this season I take it.

I voted for her. She's legitimately the full package, which is more than what I could say about *most* of these winners tbh

Shizuka

Alaska being the best on a list that includes Sharon needles &#128514;

Yall are cute

Sharon's aesthetics changed a lot during the years and it wasn't the path I was hoping. She was one of the winners I picked because Taxidermy was amazing, but I wish she didn't get stuck just yet.

Sharon's aesthetics changed a lot during the years and it wasn't the path I was hoping. She was one of the winners I picked because Taxidermy was amazing, but I wish she didn't get stuck just yet.
I agree, she went down a route that I found disappointing but at her peak >>>>>> untouchable

okno

I walked past boy Sharon in my neighborhood a few nights ago. I really, really think his choice of plastic surgery was an unfortunate mistake. His style has also dropped sharply, and is so far from where she was at her peak.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I voted for Bob and Jinkx.

Bob is just a genuine person... In person. He's also funny, less scripted, more sociopolitically aware, and caters a lot to younger gays. A positive role model all around, imo. He competed with Bianca for this vote but edged her out because I ended up getting tired of the latter's recycled lines/jokes over the years. It's the shortcomings of a stand-up, I know, but she needs fresh material asap.

The other vote was between the character/musical Queens Alaska and Jinkx. I picked Jinkx because 1) I like her Broadway style music better 2) I like her classic Hollywood character more than drugged up plastic Alaska 3) she didn't leave me feeling salty from any enetitled, bratty behavior. Fuck your borrowed top, Alaska. Fuck it. #JusticeForTati

B-Dex

I voted for Bob and Jinkx.

Bob is just a genuine person... In person. He's also funny, less scripted, more sociopolitically aware, and caters a lot to younger gays. A positive role model all around, imo. He competed with Bianca for this vote but edged her out because I ended up getting tired of the latter's recycled lines/jokes over the years. It's the shortcomings of a stand-up, I know, but she needs fresh material asap.

The other vote was between the character/musical Queens Alaska and Jinkx. I picked Jinkx because 1) I like her Broadway style music better 2) I like her classic Hollywood character more than drugged up plastic Alaska 3) she didn't leave me feeling salty from any enetitled, bratty behavior. Fuck your borrowed top, Alaska. Fuck it. #JusticeForTati

I love that Katya literally promotes the same parts for Tati. And Contact. She loves that movie. &#127773;

Rayis

At least she looks stunning in that video oh, I also find her voice is far more taken care of than Adore's cuz she's sounding hella rough nowadays.

mantidor

So today is the reunion and there are several previews around, including Ru shading PhiPhi's absence to hell and back, this is going to be a mess I can't wait to see.

KiN0

So today is the reunion and there are several previews around, including Ru shading PhiPhi's absence to hell and back, this is going to be a mess I can't wait to see.

Well, if that's how Phi Phi wants to handle this situation, that her choice; but freaking adore is coming to the reunion and she dropped out of the competition. This whole drama Phi Phi has created is just ridiculously petty and unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom