• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Marvel XCOM” Game, Borderlands Spin-Off & More Unannounced Games From 2K Leaked

Cravis

Cthulhu meets Saints Row?

Tell Dan Levy GIF by CBC

Chukhopops

The Marvel pseudo-XCOM has been confirmed.
This is such a bizarre concept, I don’t see how they can mix the tight and stressful gameplay of XCOM with the casual appeal of Marvel. It’s like making a Souls game with the Peppa Pig license.

I guess it will be like Chimera Squad?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
XCOM-Marvel sounds fantastic.
Can't mention XCOM without talking about the uniquely high stakes that the gameplay is centered around.

Maybe characters will be "captured" when defeated.

Sentenza

XCOM-Marvel sounds fantastic.
Can't mention XCOM without talking about the uniquely high stakes that the gameplay is centered around.

Maybe characters will be "captured" when defeated.
Who knows. It may even be the case that you are actually playing the second-tier, player-created characters and the "big names" of the Marvel universe will only appear just as guest starts. Something like "Agents of Shield" in tactical form.

llien

For me, the original XCOM and Terror from the Deap is the GOAT game (Firaxis reboot got some of it right, but is also heavily lacking on sim aspect).

XCOM with Marvel heroes, wah?

Xenonauts 2 cannot come soon enough.

Sentenza

Xenonauts 1 was a complete snoozefest and Terror From the Deep was Microprose doing some shameless milking of the first and glorious game with a rushed reskin.

Fireaxis games had admittedly their own share of flaws, but by the time they pushed out War of the Chosen the formula became polished enough to stand on its own without relying on the nostalgia of the original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom