• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Persona 6 Slated for 2025/2026 + Another Persona Game for this FY | Atlus to Reveal New SMT Game Soon

Barakov

SMTV at 60fps?
My precious GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like Sega have quietly confirmed that Persona 6 will be a multi-platform game at launch.

“We believe that it would be possible for a major Persona title, such as a numbered release, to sell 5 million copies in its first year by releasing it on multiple platforms and simultaneously worldwide from day one.”

PanzerCute

I want SMTV final version so bad.

That game really impressed me on every level, but was let down by the technical aspect on Switch. Oh and they could add some story bits, the narrative felt too empty during a big part of the game.

If they improve on that, the game will become a 10/10 to me.

Looks like Sega have quietly confirmed that Persona 6 will be a multi-platform game at launch.

If the rumor in OP is true then Sega aren't talking about P6, but P3R. That's the only confirmed Persona game coming next year.

Although at this point I don't doubt P6 will be multi-plat, that quote likely isn't referring to P6 but P3R. Though technically, a year isn't attached to it...but given how far out P6 is it makes the most logical sense to attribute the quote to what's already confirmed and known, which is P3R.

Last edited:
If the rumor in OP is true then Sega aren't talking about P6, but P3R. That's the only confirmed Persona game coming next year.

Although at this point I don't doubt P6 will be multi-plat, that quote likely isn't referring to P6 but P3R. Though technically, a year isn't attached to it...but given how far out P6 is it makes the most logical sense to attribute the quote to what's already confirmed and known, which is P3R.
100% they're talking about Persona 6 (the next numbered title in the series) and not about the Persona 3 Reload which is just a remake. Ignore what the rumors in those tweets say as a big part of them are unverified claims and I believe even false.

There's already a thread I made based on Adam's article here anyway so the bump of this old thread about different Atlus rumors is just causing more needless confusion:

Edit: From the linked personacentral article:

In their FY Ending March 2024 Q1 Q&A session, Sega stated that the Persona series was one that they had high expectations for, with the likely expectation that Persona 3 Reload would sell over 1 million copies.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
100% they're taking about Persona 6 (the next numbered title in the series) and not about the Persona 3 Reload which is just a remake. Ignore what the rumors in those tweets say as a big part of them are unverified claims and I believe even false.

There's already a thread I made based on Adam's article here anyway so the bump of this old thread about different Atlus rumors is just causing more needless confusion:

Whoops, didn't see that thread,s earched for Persona and this came up earlier.

YukiOnna

100% they're talking about Persona 6 (the next numbered title in the series) and not about the Persona 3 Reload which is just a remake. Ignore what the rumors in those tweets say as a big part of them are unverified claims and I believe even false.

Besides they have different sales expectations listed for 3R and address it separately from 6.

AmuroChan

Wake me up when we have a trailer and a release window. It's hard to get excited over something that's so far away.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Atlus is dead

Persona 5 mania ruin this studio.
Persona 5 mania will probably cease by the end of 2024 and then we'll have a decade of P6 mania from 2025 onwards. I share the annoyance though as I'm only interested in the RPG main entry and not spin offs and wish they'd had just moved on from 5 already.

Metaphor should be shit hot anyway looking at the trailer and I'm sure P6 will be pretty amazing.

Metnut

Instead of Persona 6, Elder Scrolls 6 and Mass Effect 4, we get endless Persona 5 spinoffs, Fallout 76 + Starfield, and Anthem.

How about studios follow up on massive hits and give us more?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The only visual I can conjure up in my is that the colour will probably be green. :pie_thinking:
After original team who made P1, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, Hashino took over and changed the formula and now after P3,4 and 5 and he also moves on from series….I'm curious how the new team going to change formula this time around.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

After original team who made P1, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, Hashino took over and changed the formula and now after P3,4 and 5 and he also moves on from series….I'm curious how the new team going to change formula this time around.
Royal's probably a good look at it since Daiki Ito (4G, 5R Director) is not on 3R and makes most sense as he worked on the major Definitive Editions. Will be interesting to see how it goes on a completely new title. As long as the story and its themes have the same essence and the battle system is similar, they can do what they want on the game design.

Top Bottom